• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
New Follower anounced: A Drukhari named Marazhai Aezyrraesh

View attachment 489071

View attachment 489072
Man, good character but would have been much more enticing to me if it were a hot female drukhari. Already batshit insane and willing to do just about anything, and smoking hot? Could have named her Amber Heard.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man, good character but would have been much more enticing to me if it were a hot female drukhari. Already batshit insane and willing to do just about anything, and smoking hot? Could have named her Amber Heard.
I would have loved more non-human races in general, but I guess they cant shoehorn the lore enough to get a Necron or Tau included.

Unless there is a lore reason, I assume they made the Drukhari male because they made the Aeldari female, which probably works in favor of the general gaming demographics. Where people, that only play through games once, tend to massively favor goody-two-shoes choices and companions. Whereas the evil doers probably don't care as much about the sexing anyway.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What is this heresy?

Dark Eldar should be shot immediately before you shoot the Eldar.

• 1Like

Burns

Mort got an almost full release copy that includes everything but the final two chapters. Here are a couple videos:

Overview of release VS. beta:

Full character creation run through:

• 1Like

Sludig

Mort got an almost full release copy that includes everything but the final two chapters. Here are a couple videos:

Overview of release VS. beta:

Full character creation run through:
TLDR massive fixes/fleshing out from the beta? Because unless it's like 300%+ better, I wouldn't call it day 1 playable yet.

Burns

TLDR massive fixes/fleshing out from the beta? Because unless it's like 300%+ better, I wouldn't call it day 1 playable yet.
When was the last time you tried beta? Can't really judge it on what they had done a year+ ago.

After watching both videos, it looks fairly polished; I didn't see any NYI placeholders or anything like that. He said most bugs he encountered were GFX related, but did have 1 time that a character got stuck on an environment bug, plus the old Unity memory leak (that most Unity games have). It still has a month of bug squashing left too.

Owlcat has a history of buggy releases, but the second Pathfinder game had far fewer bugs than the first. Hopefully they continue that trend with a lower amount of bugs for this release.

Sludig

When was the last time you tried beta? Can't really judge it on what they had done a year+ ago.

After watching both videos, it looks fairly polished; I didn't see any NYI placeholders or anything like that. He said most bugs he encountered were GFX related, but did have 1 time that a character got stuck on an environment bug, plus the old Unity memory leak (that most Unity games have). It still has a month of bug squashing left too.

Owlcat has a history of buggy releases, but the second Pathfinder game had far fewer bugs than the first. Hopefully they continue that trend with a low amount of bugs for this release.
2-3 months ago

Burns

2-3 months ago
Did it say how old that build actually was? I wonder if they just stopped pushing in house builds to the beta, at any point, or if all the NYI stuff was just fairly easy/quick development time requirements.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Very excited for this, if they can pull off a half way decent main story the characters themselves should stay interesting. Zero chance a dark elder would be tolerated by anyone remotely good or even neutral… they are soooo fucked up.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Very excited for this, if they can pull off a half way decent main story the characters themselves should stay interesting. Zero chance a dark elder would be tolerated by anyone remotely good or even neutral… they are soooo fucked up.
Imma tolerate the shit out of some Dark Eldar.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they are soooo fucked up.
It's the one thing that gives me serious doubts about this game.

Highly intelligent and devious to the point of obsession, these piratical people revel in the physical and emotional pain of others, for feeding upon the psychic residue of suffering is the only way they can maintain their immortality and stave off the slow consumption by the Chaos God Slaanesh of their own souls.

These are not beings you voluntarily associate with unless you are cartoonishly evil yourself. Like I get that they are providing you with party options for your 'bad guy' playthrough like they did in the Pathfinder games but they probably should have drawn the line at having an unsanctioned psyker in your back pocket. Hell even a rogue aspect warrior, while still crazy, makes more sense than voluntarily associating with a Dark Eldar. Normally I would just shrug about this kind of stuff but the story is an important part of CRPGs so I hope they have a decent understanding of the setting.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah they take torture and body horror to levels you aren’t prepared for, even as a jaded FoH forum user.

After decades of torture and you no longer gives them the same effect they turn you into a couch while keeping you aware of that fact just so you give off residual amount of what they need.

They specialize in combat tactics to take as many living prisoners as possible as well. tons of tech to bring you back from the dead so even if the torture kills you that is no escape.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they include as an option analogous to "Dark Urge" in BG3 where it's effectively an additional game-mode that puts you in all kinds of uniquely fucked up situations and significantly changes your options, it could work. But it'll probably just be some custom dialog sprinkled through the normal pathways, and whatever way they contrive to integrate a Dark Eldar will need some suspension of disbelief.

Caliane

maybe the dark elder is kept in a cage in a back room that the Rogue trader captain uses for relief.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know very little about 40k lore, but Iso-RPGs are my favorite type of game and Owlcat has made some magnificent additions to genre. So, I'm extremely excited for this game.

However, the massive number of post-launch patches that both the Pathfinder games required is going to keep me from buying this until it gets polished.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So what is up with this? Is it an exclusive somewhere? Supposed to launch in under 2 weeks, but you can't actually buy it yet?