WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Perhaps Blacks don't watch HBO or won't pay for it so making a show that specifically targets them isnt... smart?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
the secret is your audience nowadays is controlled by white women so you gotta have some black men sprinkled in, but the hero always has to be a white chick

that Downton Abbey with black royalty (Bridgerton) was like the top show last year. Fast and Furious has latina women and a rainbow of men, and many white women think they are latina once they get a tan. WandaVision and Loki are both strong white women. Lucifer was the most streamed TV show in June and its about the Devil being extra thirsty for a white chick. The rest of the top streaming shows are Handmaiden's Tale, about how hard it is to be a white woman, and Who Killed Sara, which I assume is also about how hard it is to be a dead white girl.

The second you fuck with that formula and put in black women as the leads, you lose the white women unless the black women are all slaves and shit. bitches love baking and murder.

oh shit why hasn't there even been a murder cooking show

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the secret is your audience nowadays is controlled by white women so you gotta have some black men sprinkled in, but the hero always has to be a white chick

that Downton Abbey with black royalty (Bridgerton) was like the top show last year. Fast and Furious has latina women and a rainbow of men, and many white women think they are latina once they get a tan. WandaVision and Loki are both strong white women. Lucifer was the most streamed TV show in June and its about the Devil being extra thirsty for a white chick. The rest of the top streaming shows are Handmaiden's Tale, about how hard it is to be a white woman, and Who Killed Sara, which I assume is also about how hard it is to be a dead white girl.

The second you fuck with that formula and put in black women as the leads, you lose the white women unless the black women are all slaves and shit. bitches love baking and murder.

oh shit why hasn't there even been a murder cooking show

I can find no flaws in your logic.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My wife made half a million in kindle publishing over 2 years selling cozy murder novellas. He's right.
Next step is to become a niche micro-celebrity on Instagram.

A cook book is always the next step for influencers?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, run with the dexter angle, but have it be someone who is vengeful (thus, emotional) turning pedos and murderers into soups and sauces.
This actually seems like a thing that would get a massive base. It hits all the things; legitimization of a basic function that they feel is underrepresented (cooking); the idea of female superiority; the concept of women righting wrongs that otherwise would go unrighted (murderers/pedos/white males) using their basic abilities...

No seriously, I think this could be a thing and I'm surprised it hasn't been. Have the woman be a housewife/trophy wife of a powerful man (to you know, show she's more effective than he is) and she feeds the murders/pedos/white men to white men in power. Governors, etc.

Christ, make this just be a cook in the household of like a senator or something who happens to be a woman of color. This money prints itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I mean, run with the dexter angle, but have it be someone who is vengeful (thus, emotional) turning pedos and murderers into soups and sauces.
This actually seems like a thing that would get a massive base. It hits all the things; legitimization of a basic function that they feel is underrepresented (cooking); the idea of female superiority; the concept of women righting wrongs that otherwise would go unrighted (murderers/pedos/white males) using their basic abilities...

No seriously, I think this could be a thing and I'm surprised it hasn't been. Have the woman be a housewife/trophy wife of a powerful man (to you know, show she's more effective than he is) and she feeds the murders/pedos/white men to white men in power. Governors, etc.

Christ, make this just be a cook in the household of like a senator or something who happens to be a woman of color. This money prints itself.
I was thinking about killing people with their cooking, but your way works too. Call it Master Cooking to piss on Gordon Ramsay for being a white male as well.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Crime Scene Kitchen is actually quite fun merging detective skills and baking. Some of the best bakers on the show are completely clueless when it comes to navigating the forensics. Makes for a good time to yell at the TV and feel superior.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Next step is to become a niche micro-celebrity on Instagram.

A cook book is always the next step for influencers?
Nah, we started in cook books to test viability of kindle. Those sucked, So, I wrote a test novella in urban romance, "aka mandingo love". Sold well, but not worth the irritation of the morons who read it. So we tested out cozy culinary murder mystery. that shit was gold. Wife and I developed the story bible, i provided outlines and the rules of the world. then we hired free lance writers on odesk, for strictly the script. Developed a fake persona. then created a funnel and email marketing campaign based off of opt ins. hired a proof reader for 30 bucks a book. i did actual editing.

went through a bunch of writers, cause writers are fucking flakes, until we found a up and coming chick who had worked as a writing assistant on a tv show. she was hungry and we worked together for 2 years before calling it quits.

hell even developed a full show prospect we were gonna submit to lifetime.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nah, we started in cook books to test viability of kindle. Those sucked, So, I wrote a test novella in urban romance, "aka mandingo love". Sold well, but not worth the irritation of the morons who read it. So we tested out cozy culinary murder mystery. that shit was gold. Wife and I developed the story bible, i provided outlines and the rules of the world. then we hired free lance writers on odesk, for strictly the script. Developed a fake persona. then created a funnel and email marketing campaign based off of opt ins. hired a proof reader for 30 bucks a book. i did actual editing.

went through a bunch of writers, cause writers are fucking flakes, until we found a up and coming chick who had worked as a writing assistant on a tv show. she was hungry and we worked together for 2 years before calling it quits.

hell even developed a full show prospect we were gonna submit to lifetime.
Damn, that's actually pretty legit. So how much of the actual writing did you guys do? Did you guys have a background in that sorta thing?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Space Jam 2 (2021) opening is $31,650,000 from 3965 theaters
Space Jam (1996) opening was $27,528,529 from 2650 theaters

Black Widow's 2nd week pulled in $26.3M

• 2Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Black widow scored $80 million domestic and another $79 million worldwide its first weekend. Not to mention the $60 million form Disney+

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is LeBron a major character in Space Jam or is he pretty marginalized?

Michael had charisma. Maybe it was the smile, but he could just kinda stand around and add an interesting dynamic to a scene.

I'm just not a LeBron fan I guess. If he's the central character that drives the entire story I don't think I can do it, but my friend keeps pushing me to watch it. "Space Jam The Remake, because this guy is good at basketball too" isn't really a seller to me either.

spronk

FPS noob
wife wanted to watch Domina so we started that, don't bother its absolutely awful. She quit after 1 episode, i stuck it out to 4 and just lost interest. Bad cast/actors, bad writing, poorly done sets, everything.

It did make me think about whether Rome was actually good or not, maybe I was just misremembering. So I rewatched it. Its fucking amazing still, what a great show. Binged it all in like 2 days, 20 episodes runs by so fast. Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, the first true bros of history.

makes me sad at how shitty TV and movies are nowadays, its so rare to find a show where characters act natural and do things that make sense. I forget where I read it but someone pointed out that up until the mid 2000s most of the time entertainment only had to check one box, "is this fun to watch?" Now every show has to make sure to check hundreds of boxes - are there enough LGBT people? Is racism properly addressed? Do women get equal screen time with men? Non white people? Are enough dongs shown and not too much T&A? Will it offend X Y or Z? By the time all the boxes are checked the script is just bland and nonsense.

The only bad thing really about Rome (beyond it getting cancelled after 2 seasons) was that they didn't have the budget to do battles, so it always looked wonky on that.

Now to figure out the answer to the question, which is the better show - Sopranos, Spartacus, or Rome. 1 down, 2 to go.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I liked Gods of the Arena more than Spartacus season 1, or at least it was on par for me.

But I'd put Rome and Sopranos over them.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
wife wanted to watch Domina so we started that, don't bother its absolutely awful. She quit after 1 episode, i stuck it out to 4 and just lost interest. Bad cast/actors, bad writing, poorly done sets, everything.

It did make me think about whether Rome was actually good or not, maybe I was just misremembering. So I rewatched it. Its fucking amazing still, what a great show. Binged it all in like 2 days, 20 episodes runs by so fast. Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, the first true bros of history.

makes me sad at how shitty TV and movies are nowadays, its so rare to find a show where characters act natural and do things that make sense. I forget where I read it but someone pointed out that up until the mid 2000s most of the time entertainment only had to check one box, "is this fun to watch?" Now every show has to make sure to check hundreds of boxes - are there enough LGBT people? Is racism properly addressed? Do women get equal screen time with men? Non white people? Are enough dongs shown and not too much T&A? Will it offend X Y or Z? By the time all the boxes are checked the script is just bland and nonsense.

The only bad thing really about Rome (beyond it getting cancelled after 2 seasons) was that they didn't have the budget to do battles, so it always looked wonky on that.

Now to figure out the answer to the question, which is the better show - Sopranos, Spartacus, or Rome. 1 down, 2 to go.

Absolute disaster, Rome wasn't released later, with a higher budget for said battles. 6-10 seasons of Rome would've, maybe, been the greatest entertainment spectacle ever.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Spartacus season 1 is solid (it starts slow but gets good on like episode 3 or 4), season 2 is arguably as good as or better since the pacing is better (s2 is a prequel to s1). S3 and onward are ok, but not as great. However, Spartacus hands down wins in the eye candy category for both men and women, so it can be a solid choice if you are watching as a couple. It’s basically a sexed up Rome with lots of quotable dialogue (once again the gods spread cheek and ram cock into ass!) and action.

• 1Like