WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never seen such a damn mess in my life. I checked at 3am or 24 hours ago and my ATT Internet account says Whoohooo you got free shitty HBO Max mon. Click this dick to add it you your account! Clicky the licky, boom. HBO Max has been applied to your account! Start Watching MEOW!
Click the dick watch now. HBO MAX page loads up. Welcome to HBO Max, owned by ATT, would you like to sign in and give us $15 Trump Bux or sign in with your provider. Click Sign in with provider. Boom Signing in with ATT. Opps, We at ATT cannot verify you pay $100 a month for internet using the login credentials you provided for fucking ATT. We have no idea how businesses work and because you are such a great customer, have no idea you are a customer. Would you like to go back to the overall management page and order other services instead? We suggest a $14,000 iPhone. We'll probably forget you bought that too.

Click Support. Yo btiches, I have Internet 1000 and it said I have HBO MAX but HBO Max is like who dis?
Support: Yup you qualify for HBO MAX, the best in entertainment, is there anything else I can do for you today?
Support disconnects.
6 fucking hours I've delt with that today and it is STILL not resolved.
Ole fishy gonna murder that dancefloor.
As someone who coded the customer relationship software for At&t that place is a shitshow, good luck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
So I also have AT&T 1Gb fiber and looked into this. Apparently I'll be getting this for free!

It says the promo starts June 2nd on their site, so that might be why you are having issues.
Oh it certainly WAS the 27th but it wouldn't shock me if they rolled that back to June 2 due to issues. Their CS has been slammed for 36 hours now with constant server failures and crashes. Hell even my emails have stopped responding mostly. The IBM crash page has been posted a few billion times now in various places bitching about it all too. Not that it matters much as I can't really watch it on Amazon firestick or Roku where you know 50 million people have the devices.

Oldbased

> Than U
As someone who coded the customer relationship software for At&t that place is a shitshow, good luck.
Did you put in any backdoors that bypasses the veggy state and at least connects you with someone with a primate level of existence?
Here has been my 13 months of ATT so far.
Sign up for fiber. It's supposed to be $90 with $20 off with a free $100 giftcard.
Month one. $90 no GC.
Call ATT. Yo this is supposed to be $20 off a month and I signed up for my $100 reward.
Month two. Still $90. Call the regional marketing director( AWESOME dude btw ). He says he is driving down the road but I explain the lack of promotions. He came to our neighborhood directly once the fiber was first installed in my neighborhood, first in city. He shows up an hour later with a $50 Visa card and submits a promotional override right in my driveway. ATT sends email saying my service has changed. Shows promotion and allows me to sign up again online for now a $50 GC. The next day it goes back to the way it was.
Month three. Still screwed. I call ATT. They have no idea what I am talking about. Call region dude, he fixes it remotely in an hour again.
Month four. Still screwed. I call region guy again, he promises it'll be fixed. Also mention the GC. It shows up days later, account is semi fixed, but it appears the people at ATT made a mistake and applied it twice. My internet is now $100 a month but $30 off is applied, but twice. Internet bill now shows $40 a month for 1g fiber but I get a credit to the overbilling. Internet was free for 2 months.
Month 6-7-8. I try to do the right thing and fix this. All ATT support has no idea what I am talking about.
Month 9-10-11-12 Somehow someone came across my account and said this isn't right. Fixed it up to $70 a month .
Month 13. Promotion expired back to $100.
Month 14. I am here.

Other than support has been high as fuck and my account has always been broken in one way or another, the actual fiber internet has been 980/980+ speeds nonstop for 13 months. I had one day it was out for a few hours. Otherwise 100% uptime. We stream 2-3 tvs, multiple echo devices playing music 24/7 and 5 cams recording to a cloud. Usually hit around 2400gb a month in use download and 100gb uploaded.

• 1WTF

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I logged into HBO Now on my Roku last night and I didn't have anything on there that wasn't already.

copy/paste from the email I received

Tomorrow, your HBO NOW app will automatically update to the HBO Max app on supported devices. (Please make sure your auto app updates are turned on.)

You shouldn’t need to sign in. But if you do, sign in using your HBO NOW email and password. You will be prompted with ‘Access All of HBO Max’ or ‘Access HBO Only’ — to experience all of HBO Max, select ‘Access All of HBO Max.’

You’ll be able to keep streaming HBO titles, and also get access to all of HBO Max for no extra cost. And you can still stream HBO by logging into your account on HBONow.com

It's almost here — 10,000+ hours of entertainment, curated just for you. Tomorrow, your HBO experience will be delivered by WarnerMedia's brand new platform, HBO Max.

You’ll continue to be billed monthly by WarnerMedia Direct, LLC​

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Holy fucking account mess. So I got a support mail saying use my sub account to log into HBO for now, that my primary, and secondary accounts have some sort of data issue. I log into my 4th sub account and hit HBO provider and I'm in and all set up, but now NONE of my emails work at all, so I changed the passwords. Still gone. What a mess. At least this one tried and knew it was FUBAR

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It just seems really strange to me you'd need a new app when that email makes it seem like you can just log into HBONow as is, because your account is upgraded for free. The app shouldn't control the content, your account should. But I guess that's not the case with these stick apps?

It's both stupid and weird.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Roku doesn't have HBO MAX yet along with Amazon devices.

I tried to sideload the APK for HBO MAX. It WAS working initially to install downloader on Amazon Fire then load the HBO MAX APK and sign in but then Amazon appears to have blocked the APK from being loaded onto the stick. That alone raises all sorts of questions and shit. It's their stick, but we paid for it and the APK wasn't illegal.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Read me previous posts about AT&T. Their level of incompetence and "i don't give a shit" is exceeded only by the Federal Government. I speak as a retiree.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
do you know how many episodes were released? the first season of the looney tunes is supposed to be 20 episodes but there are only torrents of the first 10, i assume its a half drop or something which is kinda weird.

i saw two yesterday and they are really good and funny

Yeah they only released the first ten.

Their interface is a hot mess...it's really a travesty.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Meh the app and indexing is certainly better than Hulu, which hides how big the actual catalog unless you manually search and browse. The quality of the content makes netflix look like they have been robbing everyone all this time. And of all the streaming apps HBO by far has the best bandwidth of them all, loads fast and picture quality is bueno from the first click. Amazon Prime is looking like Netscape Navigator at this point.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you put in any backdoors that bypasses the veggy state and at least connects you with someone with a primate level of existence?
Here has been my 13 months of ATT so far.
Sign up for fiber. It's supposed to be $90 with $20 off with a free $100 giftcard.
Month one. $90 no GC.
Call ATT. Yo this is supposed to be $20 off a month and I signed up for my $100 reward.
Month two. Still $90. Call the regional marketing director( AWESOME dude btw ). He says he is driving down the road but I explain the lack of promotions. He came to our neighborhood directly once the fiber was first installed in my neighborhood, first in city. He shows up an hour later with a $50 Visa card and submits a promotional override right in my driveway. ATT sends email saying my service has changed. Shows promotion and allows me to sign up again online for now a $50 GC. The next day it goes back to the way it was.
Month three. Still screwed. I call ATT. They have no idea what I am talking about. Call region dude, he fixes it remotely in an hour again.
Month four. Still screwed. I call region guy again, he promises it'll be fixed. Also mention the GC. It shows up days later, account is semi fixed, but it appears the people at ATT made a mistake and applied it twice. My internet is now $100 a month but $30 off is applied, but twice. Internet bill now shows $40 a month for 1g fiber but I get a credit to the overbilling. Internet was free for 2 months.
Month 6-7-8. I try to do the right thing and fix this. All ATT support has no idea what I am talking about.
Month 9-10-11-12 Somehow someone came across my account and said this isn't right. Fixed it up to $70 a month .
Month 13. Promotion expired back to $100.
Month 14. I am here.

Other than support has been high as fuck and my account has always been broken in one way or another, the actual fiber internet has been 980/980+ speeds nonstop for 13 months. I had one day it was out for a few hours. Otherwise 100% uptime. We stream 2-3 tvs, multiple echo devices playing music 24/7 and 5 cams recording to a cloud. Usually hit around 2400gb a month in use download and 100gb uploaded.
I had some backdoors that worked when I was there and had my RSA keys, nothing now and they may be using something else since it has been 10 years.

As an employee we had a special number we could call for employee support that was 1000% better than the support everyone else got, competent USA based support and quick like next day in person if needed. It was amazing and I defected to comcast when I left, still shifty customer service but I have found them more responsive to my scams.

Oldbased

> Than U
I had some backdoors that worked when I was there and had my RSA keys, nothing now and they may be using something else since it has been 10 years.

As an employee we had a special number we could call for employee support that was 1000% better than the support everyone else got, competent USA based support and quick like next day in person if needed. It was amazing and I defected to comcast when I left, still shifty customer service but I have found them more responsive to my scams.
It's amazing how stupid the base support is and how much power select people have. When they was setting up my deal and I called support to tell them it was wrong they said no such deal existed and was too good to be real. I called the regional guy who had given me his private cell and it was fixed in an hour. A month after setup I was getting hiccups and they sent out a tech. He looked at the install and called in to support and explained what he needed to do. They acted like nope, don't do that and he gave them a code and was transferred to a another person and he told them we need to bury 100 feet of line and the guy who did the install didn't use exterior shielded ends from the place it hangs outside and goes inside. He was approved in 5 minutes. He ran a line and left it laying in the yard and where it goes into the box where it transfer the fiber light signal replaced it with some sort of flex fiber. 3 days later a crew came and buried the line.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's amazing how stupid the base support is and how much power select people have. When they was setting up my deal and I called support to tell them it was wrong they said no such deal existed and was too good to be real. I called the regional guy who had given me his private cell and it was fixed in an hour. A month after setup I was getting hiccups and they sent out a tech. He looked at the install and called in to support and explained what he needed to do. They acted like nope, don't do that and he gave them a code and was transferred to a another person and he told them we need to bury 100 feet of line and the guy who did the install didn't use exterior shielded ends from the place it hangs outside and goes inside. He was approved in 5 minutes. He ran a line and left it laying in the yard and where it goes into the box where it transfer the fiber light signal replaced it with some sort of flex fiber. 3 days later a crew came and buried the line.
It would be easy to blame the shifty service on outsourcing but that isn't it. Union employees who are difficult to fire and a management team at the low end who get no support from the Director level and above are just ground down to the point of not caring and just show up to get a paycheck. Half the 1st tier management team are just lazy, shitty former technicians who took managment figuring it would be less work than turning a wrench. The stories I could tell.

Oldbased

> Than U
It would be easy to blame the shifty service on outsourcing but that isn't it. Union employees who are difficult to fire and a management team at the low end who get no support from the Director level and above are just ground down to the point of not caring and just show up to get a paycheck. Half the 1st tier management team are just lazy, shitty former technicians who took managment figuring it would be less work than turning a wrench. The stories I could tell.
I just find it amazing how broken they are. I was in chat as I said before multiple times with "techs" who could never fix my issues with a ghost account messing things up on billing and on overview account function. Also techs blamed all sorts of thing but when they sent someone out early on that to fix something different he had the power and pull to instantly say this installation was shit, lets get you a new one and one that involves putting a line underground for someone with no contract obligation. Then this issue with HBO Max, multi times on support chat/calls no fix nothing, in fect they made other issues worse, then someone I never talked to or contacted first fixed the HBO issue for me yesterday and later on my account straightened up for the first time in 13 months and this morning all my email access fixed to where I could apply new secure keys.

On one hand the people we get to talk to seem like the captains crew of that show on HBO where they are there to make it look like they know how to fly a spaceship but don't and on the other hand, the grunts we never get to talk to and see keep it running 110% but the hamsters keep falling apart.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just find it amazing how broken they are. I was in chat as I said before multiple times with "techs" who could never fix my issues with a ghost account messing things up on billing and on overview account function. Also techs blamed all sorts of thing but when they sent someone out early on that to fix something different he had the power and pull to instantly say this installation was shit, lets get you a new one and one that involves putting a line underground for someone with no contract obligation. Then this issue with HBO Max, multi times on support chat/calls no fix nothing, in fect they made other issues worse, then someone I never talked to or contacted first fixed the HBO issue for me yesterday and later on my account straightened up for the first time in 13 months and this morning all my email access fixed to where I could apply new secure keys.

On one hand the people we get to talk to seem like the captains crew of that show on HBO where they are there to make it look like they know how to fly a spaceship but don't and on the other hand, the grunts we never get to talk to and see keep it running 110% but the hamsters keep falling apart.
I do want to clarify my statement. AT&T does have some wonderful, skilled and caring employees (both inside and as outside technicians). Unfortunately they just aren't the majority. Or even close to the majority.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I need a moviedb.org show to use to give this thread a poster, please help me find something suitable.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do want to clarify my statement. AT&T does have some wonderful, skilled and caring employees (both inside and as outside technicians). Unfortunately they just aren't the majority. Or even close to the majority.
I don't know about customer service and support,, but from my exp with development, from my time alot of it had to do with their acceptance and creation of lifers, so many people who realized they could do minimum amount of work or often no work at all and not get fired, when I started managing teams I had so many I had to deal with, and I couldn't blame them the pipeline was set up in a way a lot of teams had such wild ups and downs where they would crunch for 3 months and have very minimal maintenance work for months and even when you asked for more to do you were told to enjoy the downtime, after a few cycles of this and watching the older lifers alot of younger motivated people started not giving a shit and just played wow all day.