WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They’ve already pulled some HBO shows from there afaik
Mostly animated stuff from what I remember. Probably stuff that doesnt get a lot of traction. I doubt any of the big name shows will go any where. It would just make the streaming service pointless.

spronk

FPS noob
lol show was renewed for s2, then today announced its cancelled AND they are removing s1 from HBO Max (to avoid paying royalties). they were also apparently just about finished wrapping s2 filming hahaha

none of these people will wonder why shows that feature alphabet people are not doing well in ratings

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Kinda shocked it was even renewed. They wrapped it up pretty well. They just better not cancel Hacks.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Pretty surprised at that given the fame and accolades Westworld initially had. There must be a lot of residual contracts to take something like Westworld off.

Will they sell it or is it then gone forever? So strange.
Maybe they should just keep S1 of Westworld on Max. It can start a trend of removing shitty seasons of shows on streaming services.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Maybe they should just keep S1 of Westworld on Max. It can start a trend of removing shitty seasons of shows on streaming services.
If they can remove episodes of shows like the D&D episode of Community because of "Blackface" they can remove shit seasons.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

hory

Finally putting WW out of its misery. I hope that blonde actress that played the robot follows suit.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HBO Max is also pulling Raised by Wolves and Time Traveler's Wife

Are they just shit canning all this content or are the going to launch a new SJW-Max streaming service?

Animosity

They are just removing shows that have been cancelled. I saw an article saying it gives them tax breaks for doing it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They are just removing shows that have been cancelled. I saw an article saying it gives them tax breaks for doing it.

I thought the tax breaks was for canning shows and never releasing them at all. In this case I think it is because they have to keep paying the production companies that made these show royalties if they keep them on HBO for streaming. They chose to just remove the shows instead.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Apparently they are going to dump the pulled shows onto ad supported streaming venues

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Because the people paying for HBO already aren't more valuable than shitty ass ad revenue that won't make up 1/10 the revenue?

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ads seem like a good way to ruin a service.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

this is the one without scooby or the others, she's a lesbian indian i think

wonder how long before its cancelled

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

this is the one without scooby or the others, she's a lesbian indian i think

wonder how long before its cancelled

And people complained that Hollywood was out of ideas. The Witcher without The Witcher, Scooby Doo without Scooby or Shaggy.

This trend of taking IPs, removing what people love, and focusing only on the shitty parts people is revolutionary stuff

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Inque

FunEmployed
At this rate, I won't have much to watch on HBO that I couldn't pirate elsewhere.

• 1Like