Watch Dogs

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Good effort though. The fact of the matter is if this game had been released a year or two ago without the "Next Gen" hype, EVERYONE would be tearing it to pieces. I'm an optimist and as I said before I stomached the bullshit wanting to like the game and out of obligation because they already have my money. Take the bullshit bugs away and the game is still sub par and completely boring. Liking something is subjective but if someone reads my posts and says to themselves well shit, I will wait until it's on sale or not buy it at all then I am happy. Tired of wasting money on mediocre games hyped by buzzwords and clever marketing.
Agreed. In the few hours I bothered playing it, bugs were never my issue. The game is just BORING. Can they really not come up with better than the utterly and totally wooden characters and lame, cliched plot? The hacking is shit, interactions with the environment and people are lame, AI around the world is rather lame, how the traffic works, etcetera.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
waiting for some patches and steam sale before i play but just posting these here so i can look it up when i do play

1 - for the cups and ball mini game, if you pause after the shuffle the pause screen will show you which cup has the ball
2 - for the chess game, if you suck at chess useNext Chess Move

also hahaha
http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1226934649833
That's hilarious, but sounds like the person who freaked out might just be an idiot. It says they reported that the package "couldn't be opened" and was "making strange noises", but doesn't look like either of those were verified as true

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wow, Uplay down AGAIN?
UOQ6hFw.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, since a sequel is guaranteed, I can only hope that Watch_Dogs 2 is as big an improvement over the original as Assassin's Creed 2 was. It's still very disappointing that they couldn't manage to go straight to AC4 quality with the first game in a new series though.

And I wouldn't really say that pirates get a better product, especially when I was able to unlock all the retarded pre-order DLCs on my legit copy easily. Offline works just fine, I was mostly just annoyed because I'm trying to finish 10 online races for the car unlock. I already got the silenced Vector SMG from Tailing before the outage happened at least (and it's back up now, finally).

Also, tailing isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. I was unaware that the person you're tailing doesn't know you're in their game at all (though I guess they might figure it out if they try to do something that gets locked out when in a mission?) but that does make it easier. Not sure why I had so much trouble with it the first few times yesterday but I went 5 for 7 when I tried again later. That said, it's not particularly fun and I wouldn't have bothered at all except that the reward gun is very useful, and it gave me enough notoriety points to unlock the vehicle damage perk.

Now's the time to do races too, before ubi and nvidia get their shit together. I won my first two easily and I'm pretty sure the fact that I run at constant 60 fps while most people get fps drops while driving had something to do with it. Plus, it takes a while to get used to the driving in this game and most people who didn't play all weekend still suck at it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure I read somewhere this is on a whole new game engine, so it can only hopefully get better. That said, I'm still waiting for the sale price.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I thought the differences in the video were very acceptable. The retail version is much more vibrant, but some of that probably has to do with the poor image quality of the E3 recording. It seemed like the lighting in parts of the E3 version wasn't even all the way on.

Multiplayer wouldn't work for whatever reason when I tried earlier.
Had someone invade me , was damn hard finding the person....till i got to about 80% hacked and then that circle is hella small and the person just pulled out a gun and tried killing me then got into a car and sped off hehe. Was rather cool hehe , was a female so didnt expect that and the area was crowded as fuck , but i thought it was pretty cool.