Weather

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do people not have water bottles or is it a tap water thing? Jesus between water bottles and hydro packs we could probably pack a 20 gallons of tap water with us.

Also handy to have some life straws around just in case.

I keep my old gatorade bottles and fill them. This was not my decision.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When you heading north?

I've got to put a new throttle body on the truck in the AM, requires a code reset so I need my mechanic buddy. We're out either tomorrow night or very, very early next morning when there's little traffic.

We're ready.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've got to put a new throttle body on the truck in the AM, requires a code reset so I need my mechanic buddy. We're out either tomorrow night or very, very early next morning when there's little traffic.

We're ready.

Hopefully your shit goes unraped and unlooted.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It happens. They will only let locals in for a week or so but it's the locals that stay that loot. Fuckers.

They should revoke the lethal trap laws for hurricanes. Having a few houses on a block set up with shotgun traps would deter looting by close to 100% I'd bet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should revoke the lethal trap laws for hurricanes. Having a few houses on a block set up with shotgun traps would deter looting by close to 100% I'd bet.

My buddy is staying in a concrete fortress of a place next island up and he is well equipped to deal with things. He is our eyes and ears...

• 2Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My buddy is staying in a concrete fortress of a place next island up and he is well equipped to deal with things. He is our eyes and ears...

If you had a truly 'hurricane proof' raised house it would be pretty cool to ride something like this out.

c4b52650448def4987accfc0434a2382--hurricane-proof-house-a-hurricane.jpg

Although if this is what it's expected to be and direct hits i'm not sure this house would be high enough.

• 2Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Good to hear, our immediate neighbor is doing similar for us - he's recommending waiting it out regardless, but I'm a northerner not used to such things.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My neighbor tied his boat to the lift reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal tight hoping for an insurance claim. Fucking Florida.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Damn, Edko, with all this American preparedness, armed buddies in bunkers, and evacuation plans, what went wrong?

Hope you keep yourself and your family safe...no bullshit...no homo....

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, Edko, with all this American preparedness, armed buddies in bunkers, and evacuation plans, what went wrong?

Hope you keep yourself and your family safe...no bullshit...no homo....

I have many rootin tootin shootin buddies. Nothing wrong with guns. Guns kick ass.

• 2Solidarity

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you had a truly 'hurricane proof' raised house it would be pretty cool to ride something like this out.

c4b52650448def4987accfc0434a2382--hurricane-proof-house-a-hurricane.jpg

Although if this is what it's expected to be and direct hits i'm not sure this house would be high enough.

Baller. Just a few feet higher. 10-12 ft surge incoming.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So what are the chances that a couple thousand people are still stuck in traffic on the bridge out of the keys when the hurricane shows up?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user