Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
25 years ago pre most people having internet I used to hate the weatcher channel on dish network. Weather would be bad and you wanted to look at radar. Nope, let's have a show on how bad tornados can be for 30 minutes with no radar lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Or move to a state with zero natural disasters (Ohio?).

There was a tornado watch up here this evening, dunno if one ended up touching down somewhere or not. I'm pretty sure I've heard people at work talking about areas within 50 miles-ish of Cleveland getting tornados, tho.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a tornado watch up here this evening, dunno if one ended up touching down somewhere or not. I'm pretty sure I've heard people at work talking about areas within 50 miles-ish of Cleveland getting tornados, tho.

Watch is just very favorable conditions for tornadic activity, warning is when tornadic activity has actually been seen/detected on radar.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Screenshot_20190415-081642_Wireless Emergency Alerts.jpg

Do you know how hard it is to get 2 cats 3 lizards 1 snake and a tarantula into your basement at 3am on a Sunday?

Hard.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

The news shows 12 tornados in that outbreak in MS. I'm not really sure I trust them tho. One of the cities they have in the wrong county.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

Borzak

Also, now my fish know I'd leave them to die.

I fed them extra this morning

Last week I saw an article in one of the northeastern states (maybe CT) guy was arrested for abandoning his fish without food when he moved out. Cruietly to animals.

• 1WTF

Borzak

I don't understand this stuff at all. Expecting bad weather tomorrow. Ok I understand that. Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas for several hours in each direction have closed all school, courts, the city parish government, trash pickup, everything. They want everyone off the road. The list of closures goes on and on forever. More "prep" than a hurricane.

The news station had a blurb on their quick cast on the internet, oh no! Might not have soap operas on tomorrow from watching all the weather lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Borzak

Love the weather alerts you get on a phone. Tornado warning in this area till 2:15pm. Alert went off at 3:00pm. Makes sense.

I guess I never noticed when they changed a Tornado warning to be "could produce" , from when it was a tonado was spotted in person or radar. I've gotten a dozen "warnings" in the last month with 1 tornado that nobody ever say they "think" in the middle of nowhere.

• 2Like

Borzak

LOL they managed to overhype the whole deal. Crawfisherman didn't run their ruonds in the spillway cause a big shortage of crawfish today. Good Friday. The biggest demand for crawfish all year. It's the make or break day. Good job.

The plan was to keep people off the road. They shut down schools so people took their kids shopping and to the movies and such. Good job. Imagine that.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
wind is getting fucking crazy, i installed a wifi garage opener that txts me everytime it opens and closes, (also gives me a txt when it's opened for 10minutes), great for the security obsessed. But the winds are so strong, they're hitting my garage door and giving it a false/positive "garage door open/garage door closed" like every hour.

• 2Like

Borzak

More Tornados. Last night the town my grandmother lives outside of got it bad. Of course she slept thru it. Once she takes those hearing aids out. Talked to the woman down the road whose son works for the electric co up in town. They're trying to get the power back on for the one grocery store. Be at least a week for them to get power back. Wiped out lots of the stores and part of the court house. Town of 2k. Blah. Just came thru there and might have to go back to help her get rid of the food and bring a generator. Being without power really won't bother her, but she's not gonna be able to get rid of a refrigerator and two freezers full of food.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

This sucks. Feel like a 500# boat anchor for the family. Sucks.

The good news is I closed on my house Tuesday and the house got partially hit last night.

• 1Like

Borzak

Talked to my grandmother. She was of the firm opinion power would be back on later today. Called my friend who lives a half hour away. His wife works for the power company that the local co op buys power from for where my grandmother lives. Substation is just gone. Missing. They sent people to help. They're not even talking rebuilding at this point. Talking about locating stuff to bring in to replace it. At least a week. I thought "soon" sounded really optimistic. Lived there 20 years ago and had a bad straight line wind storm that took out a large portion of the trees and national forest. I think we went 10 days without power. Flooded the market with downed trees and collapsed the timber market for almost 5 years. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time. 1/3 of the county without power, but it's spread over 1/2 the county. Only 6,000 in county. Kind of suprised it's that few. News showed tornado path of multiple tornados was 120 mile long across East TX and into LA near Shreveport. But she slept thru it all lol.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Thunder storms and massive amount of rain today. Almost every street is fucking flooded.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers