Weather

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Oh, it is still interesting here in Oklahoma.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm under a tornado warning for the next 15 minutes. Road my bike to work today so it'll be an interesting ride home.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

It's going down across OK tonight. There are low clouds everywhere and rotation in a lot of them. One looks like it is coming down in South OK right now.

• 2Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Me and a buddy used to go storm chasing in high school. One thing I really miss about OK is that all their roads, ALL of em, run N-S or E-W in a grid. Almost impossible to get totally lost and it really came in handy when you have a giant purple wall cloud on your left and you know the road you're on isn't going to suddenly veer into it for no good reason. Texas on the other hand... all of our roads were seemingly laid out by a near-sighted, drunken sheep herder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Well, looks like it is not, in fact, going down across OK tonight. It was looking really bad a half hour ago but now things are mellowing out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I went to OK when I was a kid. About 1980-1981 and we were driving around and the weather looked "bad" but as we were going around a lake/dam we saw a half dozen tornados in the span of about an hour. No thanks.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm under a tornado warning for the next 15 minutes. Road my bike to work today so it'll be an interesting ride home.
Blech. I've never been near one, but I've still had nightmares about being chased by tornadoes.

• 2Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Blech. I've never been near one, but I've still had nightmares about being chased by tornadoes.
I've never seen one but I live near enough to tornado ally that we get tornado warnings and watches a lot this time of year. I've made peace with the fact that if a tornado does come through my neighborhood I'm fucked. The commute home was fine yesterday, but I had to carry my bike over a couple large gravel bars that had washed onto the trail from the parallel creek overnight.

• 1Like

Borzak

They opened the Bonne Carre spillway again to shunt water from the MS river to the lake and straight to the gulf and bypass New Orleans. They opened it up earlier in the year. Usually it's only opened every 5 years or so, maybe less. First time in my life I've seen it opened more than once. Guess they're trying to releive some pressure of the water in the midwest. The water in Baton Rouge on the MS river is quite a bit lower than it was earlier in the year.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Borzak

Someone at the National Weather Service needs a clue. 5 tornado warnings within 5 minutes. All 5 were "communities" that don't show on the map and nobody ever knows where the hell they are unless they are related to someone who has lived there for 100 years. Couldn't just sum it up with 5 miles SW of soandso. Getting 5 warnings and 4 of them being about 2 minutes apart on the road seems kind of excessive. To the point of people just turning them off. Kind of like warning at 34th street, now 35th street and another warning on 36th street lol.

• 1Like

Borzak

Guess for once I'm super lucky. Dad said on the news tonight they said the county had <100 houses with electricity. Woo hoo won one lol. I don't think it even blinked here. Same weather and tornados forecast everyday for the next 5 days. Enough already.

Anyone in the midwest? Seems like everyday I hear the water is backing up more and more.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone at the National Weather Service needs a clue. 5 tornado warnings within 5 minutes. All 5 were "communities" that don't show on the map and nobody ever knows where the hell they are unless they are related to someone who has lived there for 100 years. Couldn't just sum it up with 5 miles SW of soandso. Getting 5 warnings and 4 of them being about 2 minutes apart on the road seems kind of excessive. To the point of people just turning them off. Kind of like warning at 34th street, now 35th street and another warning on 36th street lol.
That used to piss me off when I lived in Kentucky. It'd be a warning if there was any landing in the entire county. County is just way too large for everyone to panic about.

• 1Like

Borzak

Sorry to disappoint but I live. Not sure if they changed the way they report warnings and watches but seems like a shitload this year. Woke up to a warning on the phone, tornado watch. Nothing here tho. Tornado hit about 30 miles away half way between here and Baton Rouge. Got my favorite western store I've used for 30 years buying boots and hats. I really don't know if it's an uptick on tornados or the way they put the information out. I think they just went thru major repairs after they had a fire from the steak house that's adjacent to the western store. It's about 35 minutes away from here.

• 2Like