Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone posted this.

2019-05-31_09_36_37-964079.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Anyone in AR? They're getting in pretty bad. Saw that another levee failed there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
In the last 31 days we have had 25 days of rain.

I need to get out and finish planting and mowing and all that crap. My outdoor work is sadly behind!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Borzak

The river holding seady in Baton Rouge. Forecast for rain tonight and tomorrow. Someone posted in MT they still no melt from the snow yet. BR in the background on the right, you can make out the capital building (the tall building). Needs to get moving.

Oh yeah disurbance in Gulf. At least it's headed to South TX. It's really hot early this year which normally is not a good sign. Maybe all the water running into the gulf drops the water temp some. 40+ dolphins washed up along the MS coast dead, they said too much fresh water flowing out of the lake in the gulf with the Bonne Carre open.

5621B6D5-0C5B-47A7-8C19-B42D0197D2E8_jpeg-968273.JPG

Last edited:
  • 2Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Has a Noah been eatin by a whale yet? I think there was some retard whom manged to get taken to the whales stomachs. Anyways it my shitpost day and I don't think I do it well but I am goin to try.
Today out on Kiawah Island wasn't too bad, anybody with friends up in Greenwich, CT. People who know hedge fund managers, tell them to hit me up for some builders and etc, has to be ground source heat pump, preferably closed system. HVAC, it is tax deductible still I believe , each state has different plans, shit in VT might get one for "FREE".
Anybody thinking of building on Kiawah Island, it is beautiful, and I can guarantee at least 50% of hurricane hitting. Odds are we won't be here in 12 years. So let's get this shit moving. KRA~

• 1Like

Borzak

South Louisiana normally doesn't get flash flooding. Not enough elevation change and most of it is backwater backing up flooding. Today rained hard. Several refineries flood, tornado at a salt dome injured some, lot of cars flood over the roof almost instantly. Bad deal. The refinery right next to where I worked is flooded and it's on the dry side of the levee. I can't imagine how many cars were writeoffs, it's right next to a deal where they unload train cars of new cars coming to the south. Acres and acres of new cars I imagine under water. Weather this year. Nobody knows. Corp announced yesterday the planned spillway opening is reduced cause they expect the river to rise slower. Mass sandbag lines now where they are giving them out. Oddest year I can remember.

More rain tomorrow.

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Weird shit just happened in Austin.

1 Hour ago, it was blue skies, hardly a cloud in the sky, 92 degrees as I'm almost home from picking up some meds for my kid. I get inside take a shit and go into my office and I'm like "huh, kinda dark in here". Look outside, and dark clouds everywhere, like a 5 minute change. Then a massive wind/hail/rain storm like I've not seen in like 5 years happens. For 10 minutes. Then, instantly blue skies again, and no clouds.

Wild shit. It was just one single little red ball that moved over.

• 1Like

Borzak

Rain from the disturbance in the gulf hitting South, TX and Mexico and moving to Houston I imagine. The national NOAA flood watch of the US shows all the MS river obviously as flooded. Houston likely, San Antonio and Austin possible.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
South Louisiana normally doesn't get flash flooding. Not enough elevation change and most of it is backwater backing up flooding. Today rained hard. Several refineries flood, tornado at a salt dome injured some, lot of cars flood over the roof almost instantly. Bad deal. The refinery right next to where I worked is flooded and it's on the dry side of the levee. I can't imagine how many cars were writeoffs, it's right next to a deal where they unload train cars of new cars coming to the south. Acres and acres of new cars I imagine under water. Weather this year. Nobody knows. Corp announced yesterday the planned spillway opening is reduced cause they expect the river to rise slower. Mass sandbag lines now where they are giving them out. Oddest year I can remember.

More rain tomorrow.
Really like these updates, it's such a unique situation/geology/economy compared to the rest of North America.

• 2Like

Borzak

6 tornados today starting in Baton Rouge going east along the north shore of the lakes. The Baton Rouge general parking lot was full of overturned cars.

Lady died driving into deep water from a flash flood.

Friend who works in Baton Rouge said he stopped in the rain. They got 2-3" in less than 30 minutes in places. There was already a flooded car. Someone drove up in a Honda Civic and thought "I can make that". Instantly floated off into a ditch.

News interview the head of the pumps in New Orleans and said they were ahead of it.

More rain tomorrow. Suns out now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Definitely wet in the middle of the country this year. I've got a family thing on Grand Lake in OK at the end of the month and my aunt txts me yesterday that the lake is +11ft and they can't get out to their dock.

• 1Like

Borzak

It's raining all over north East, TX and north, LA right now. More rain tomorrow. Just go away. Hate to say I'm ready for August. Someone on the news said wettest December to May ever. Didn't specify an area tho.

• 1Like

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Jacksonville FL here. Hasn't rained in 30 days. Might have had a brief sprinkle somewhere in there. Has been hell keeping the grass and shrubs/greenery alive in basically straight 100 degree heat for that entire stretch. Looks like we should finally get some rain tomorrow and potentially for the week to follow. I've been here my entire life, 40 years, and I don't recall there ever being a May as dry as this one was. All the ponds and lakes in the area are many feet down from their normal height. It's mind blowing to me that the middle of the country has massive nonstop rain and flooding and we're doing our best Arizona impersonation for the last month in NE Florida. I definitely would rather have no rain than too much, but the weather is definitely being ultra erratic this year. Hope that doesn't signal a bad hurricane season.

• 1Like

Borzak

Shhhh. A hurricane on the gulf now would be catstrophic on an apocolyptic level. Especially if it hit near the mouth of MS and moved upward into the midwest with rain.I never use that phrase but imagine flooding out of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mempis, St. Louis and up all the towns along the river including possibly Houston depending on where it hit. Just from rain, not the hurricane itself. Would be incrediably bad for LA, TX (the river on the border of LA and TX is way above full, dad cross Toledo Bend the lake on the border and said it looked like you couldn't get a bass boat under the 2 mile long bridge). MS, AR, TN, and possily MO. It's bad when a refinery floods out as it did Wed. 100+ refineries and chemical plants in the 90 river miles betwen Baton Rouge and New Orleans and 3 nuclear plants within 3 hours of the mouth of the river. A flood of epic proportions would be bad.

NOAA forecast an "average" season. Then the disturbance in the gulf hitting Mexico was announced and the next day they changed it to "above average". Sounds fishy.

But yearh. I'm old at near 50. I've seen floods come and go. But nothing that hangs on this long in my lifetime and I've watched it pretty close all my adult life. Just from living on the river then watching the rainfall on my timberland. I'm at 37" of rain so far this year and it averages 55 to 60" for a full year.

Not weather related. But the corp said when they open the spillway they will open 1 gate a day for the first few days. Unlike in 2011 they opened a large number at once. They're trying to give the wildlife a chance to see the water rising and move. Pretty sure they're not concerned with the deer but the bear population which is centered on the area to be flooded. They've spent a ton to rebuild the population. It's all in their "models". They say they have it all factored in. They have to open it soon before the water overtops the spillway structure. If it overtops it they lose the ability to open any gates. They drive out with equipment onto the spillway and open the gates manually one at a time. It's not automatic since they open it so rarely. Like once every 40 years in the past.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Borzak

Definitely wet in the middle of the country this year. I've got a family thing on Grand Lake in OK at the end of the month and my aunt txts me yesterday that the lake is +11ft and they can't get out to their dock.

I don't have much else to do. Anyway family went to East TX over the holiday weekend and said Rayburn and Toledo were massively over pool so Sabine river too.

The odd thing about Baton Rouge is it's right on the MS river. I lived in Baton Rouge. Drove across the MS river every day to go to work. Downtown is right on the MS river. Like feet away. Water poured on the sidewalk downtown doesn't drain into the MS river. None of Baton Rouge is drained by the MS river because of the levees now. It all flows across the parish20-30 miles away into 2 rivers that eventually drain into lake Maurepas which drains into lake Pontchartrain which drains into the gulf of Mexico. New Orleans being right along lake Pontchartrain and the MS river being shunted into the lake now that the Bonne Carre spillway is open just above New Orleans.

Lot of odd stuff this year. I'm in southwest MS right now. We drain into Lake Maurepas as well. Front porch I can see the Tangipoha river which flows right into the lake. You can't get away from it around here heh. But the river here is ankle deep and maybe 4 feet in bad rain. Apparently we have bear now on the river. One has showed up on someones camera and they think it came from the Atchafalay which would mena it cross the MS river at some point.

More none weather BS. When I was in school for wildlife management we worked with Dr. Jacobsen from MS State. They were radio collaring deer and tracking them over several years. One buck would swim the MS river every year twice. Once across the LA and again back to MS later in the year. For 3 years it did that. Odd stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Yesterday on Kiawah Island, SC was Monsoon rain for 2 hours straight after 12:00pm with some lighting and thunder thrown in, not that much. Anyways after that the sun comes out and it was registered on my relative humidity degree scale @ 110%, felt like I was wearing chain mail with how completely soaked my clothes were. Fuck South Eastern Summers, bless the fall - spring.

• 1Like

Borzak

Love August when it's 100F out and then get a good rain and I open the door outside and my glasses fog up instantly and shirt gains 5 pounds of weight instantly from the humidity.

• 1Like

Borzak

Storm in Dallas. Couple of hours ago. Looks like at least two cranes collapsed. 6mph winds to 63 mph in 10 minutes. 72mph peak.

0364D6F9-5451-448F-88C9-4D8D9A57462C_jpeg-974303.JPG

838BE7E6-3EBB-4980-AAF8-E6E1DA793A82_jpeg-974304.JPG

4DE9E71A-155B-48AF-9F56-5049BE55362F_jpeg-974308.JPG

Not good.

2128DC36-992B-4F14-A7A0-6498481ACEBB_jpeg-974317.JPG

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF

Borzak

Video is bad.

Review of a lot of videos of the cranes falling.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah we got some heavy wind even as far out as west Arlington. Spectrum services are done for now, using my phone to tether. Whole thing lasted about 10-15 minutes.

• 2Like