Weather

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Highland park was a mess. Street lights sitting in the street, power out everywhere. 75 and Greenville were pretty bad too. I actually pulled over cause I couldn’t see shit and felt my car getting pushed around.

And then sun. Lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Had a few leaves blow into the pool in West Ft Worth, no rain. I did look at the radar though and it looked like a really gnarly cell that blew through Dallas. Those fucking construction crews gotta keep their shit battened down if it's going to be exposed to the elements a couple hundred feet off the ground. Yikes.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit was wild.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was going to call my grandmother in east, TX and tell her bad weather was coming as normal after bad stuff in DFW area. 3-4 hours later radar was totally clear and nothing in TX or LA and the nearest thing on radar was Ohio or Austin. Just petered out I guess.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was over here on Sunday as it is fairly close to my house. Just relaxing with my lady. It was pleasant and we saw rain on the horizon so when it started drizzling we made our way to the car. Within 15 minutes the lake was covered in super high winds, white cresting waves and crazy ass rain. People being idiots took no notice of this until it was on top of them and there were like 20 people kayaking at the time.

Never really experienced such insane and raw panic of a few hundred people. I was just sitting in my car watching this and there were 5 car accidents in the parking lot, people lost their beach tents. Cops showed up quickly as those kayakers/canoes whatever must have had a pretty wild ass ride. Storm moved through in barely an hour. Nonetheless that killed some woman.

Pflugerville Kayaker Feared Drowned After Storm (Updated)

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I was over here on Sunday as it is fairly close to my house. Just relaxing with my lady. It was pleasant and we saw rain on the horizon so when it started drizzling we made our way to the car. Within 15 minutes the lake was covered in super high winds, white cresting waves and crazy ass rain. People being idiots took no notice of this until it was on top of them and there were like 20 people kayaking at the time.

Never really experienced such insane and raw panic of a few hundred people. I was just sitting in my car watching this and there were 5 car accidents in the parking lot, people lost their beach tents. Cops showed up quickly as those kayakers/canoes whatever must have had a pretty wild ass ride. Storm moved through in barely an hour. Nonetheless that killed some woman.

Pflugerville Kayaker Feared Drowned After Storm (Updated)
It's so beautiful down there, I absolutely love the Hill Country. But God damn it's been invaded by so many hipster faggots that there's too many people around to enjoy it. Texas coast gets my weekend warrior money now and I only have to dodge the occasional hurricane.

• 1Like

Borzak

Inflatable kayak doesn't sound good for high wind/wave situation. Another article I read half an hour ago said she was on an inflatable kayak.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah sure. The day was totally calm for like 90% of it. Inflatable shit is totally fine for this lake most of the time. See big ass black clouds growing on the horizon... yes continue to derp around. Pretty shitty to die in a heavily populated area in the middle of such a small lake.

I mean, for fucks sake you only needed to pay a few seconds of attention to your surroundings.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We'll have to wait until the sheriff finds the body. Currently they're dredging the lake looking for her. I suspect the inflatable canoe got blown out into a field somewhere as I saw several inflatables blow across the street into some random fields. She also most likely sucked down a full tank of water so she'll be submerged until she rots a bit more. Also maybe entangled in the lakeweeds that are in this particular lake.

But yes, after that we can surely hunt down her insta.

EDIT: Yep, exactly what happened. Police found the body but name will probably be later today or something. Most likely lived in the housing development right on the lake too I am sure. Or otherwise very close by. It isn't really a place where you travel several hours to get to.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sounds weak compared to what happens in other areas, but it's been in the 90s in SF the past few days. It's pretty miserable here when it's that hot. No one - even most businesses - has A/C.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Over in my neighborhood we had a ton of downed branches, and no power until around 3pm Monday. (This is around Marsh/Forest) Some places near us still don't have power.

The house I grew up in over in Casa View still doesn't have power, as is also the case with most of that area. At least as of this morning when I checked in with my mom.

Yesterday I got the lovely experience of needing to pay to have the top third of one of my magnolias lopped off because it cracked but didn't fall out of the tree. Now knowing it won't grow any taller, looks stupid, and I will probably have to cut down the whole thing at some point.

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus is making the full court press for a house scale natural gas powered generator now. heh

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Over in my neighborhood we had a ton of downed branches, and no power until around 3pm Monday. (This is around Marsh/Forest) Some places near us still don't have power.

The house I grew up in over in Casa View still doesn't have power, as is also the case with most of that area. At least as of this morning when I checked in with my mom.

Yesterday I got the lovely experience of needing to pay to have the top third of one of my magnolias lopped off because it cracked but didn't fall out of the tree. Now knowing it won't grow any taller, looks stupid, and I will probably have to cut down the whole thing at some point.

Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus is making the full court press for a house scale natural gas powered generator now. heh
i have a 2k inverter for the car as my backup generator. I actually had to use it last week, lost power a few hours, and i was like "huh" how do i open the garage. (i know i could pop the emergency latch, but theres no real handle.

used that to get out of the house. felt really naked since my cams were down, (security system running off battery)

I mean, honestly it's still almost physically impossible to enter my house w/o a wrecking crew, but still, not being able to check the cams for piece of mind...

• 1Like

Borzak

The Corp announced they are not opening the spillway after all now. They predict the MS river will stay high until at least the end of July.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

The shrimping season off the coast of Louisiana is now postponed due to the Bonnet Carre spillway being open and shunting water from the MS river into the lake putting fresh water into the gulf in quantities and locations that aren't normally there.

• 2Like

Gruden

<Bronze Donator>
Metro Detroit has had ridiculous rain this spring as well. Only 2 or 3 bad T-storms that I can recall, but it rains every 2nd or 3rd day, all spring. I live a 2 blocks off of lake St. Clair (lake in between Huron and Erie) and it's very bloated. A lot of marinas in the area with people unable to get to their boats, rivers touching the bottom of bridges and so on. Have heard here, and other midwest places that the planting is way behind due to all the rain. Wouldnt be surprised at a general food price spike later this year.

• 1Like