Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They showed the football stadium at Michigan was just a lake the other day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gruden

<Bronze Donator>
They showed the football stadium at Michigan was just a lake the other day.
Didnt even think about the Big House. Field is noticeably below grade. The one game I attended ages ago, I was surprised how small it looked outside, then surprised again when I got inside.

• 1Like

Borzak

Apparently it was Western Michigan I saw the pic. Just saw a headline and it was said Michigan. Maybe play water polo.

190620131512-01-wmu-flooded-field-0620-super-tease.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Looked up the river forecast today. The upper MS river from MO to IL is still rising and will start going down next week on the forecast. Baton Rouge is slowly falling and will lose 4 feet in the next 30 days. That's still above flood stage. Hopefully it speeds up in the summer. Shit's going to go on into the fall at this point. Chart looks like it's starting to drop rapid, then you realise 30 days out it's still above flood stage in a lot of places.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I have a trip up to my aunt's lake house scheduled this weekend on Grand Lake in OK. It's been 13-15 ft above full pool for a month and a half now. Gonna have to wade to get to the end of their dock where the kayaks and jet skies are, feels bad.

• 2Like

Borzak

In BR they normally have a large fireworks show from barges on the MS river downtown. They're still having it this year, but the levee is off limits to spectate from. I haven't been in years since a certain element took over and several gunshots in the crowd now each year. But no watching from the levee.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
36c(97f) with the humidex here today. It's been a beautiful day after tons of rain for weeks. I have no clue how you people that regularly hit 100+ deal with it though.

• 1Like

Borzak

First it was shrimp season closed due to the water flowing into the gulf from the MS river. Now oyster season closed due to low salinity in the gulf. Just go away.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crazy ass thunderstorms been rolling through SJ all day. Rains sheets for 10 minutes then nothing but sunshine - Rinse/repeat

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Potential tropical activity in the Gulf in the coming days.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Metro Detroit has had ridiculous rain this spring as well. Only 2 or 3 bad T-storms that I can recall, but it rains every 2nd or 3rd day, all spring. I live a 2 blocks off of lake St. Clair (lake in between Huron and Erie) and it's very bloated. A lot of marinas in the area with people unable to get to their boats, rivers touching the bottom of bridges and so on. Have heard here, and other midwest places that the planting is way behind due to all the rain. Wouldnt be surprised at a general food price spike later this year.

yeah man i live up in the Thumb and made that comment a week or two ago about how weird it is we haven't had any legit thunderstorms. was raining like nonstop since Easter but only had maybe two actual storms even up here with extra lake effect from Saginaw Bay.

the farmers hate it. after a few super dry summers in a row now they're getting more than they wanted. careful what you wish for i suppose.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
that pink shirt dude looks shooped.

He and a couple of cars in general do. Tons of obvious rain splashes in the river, but the cars themselves look nearly dry. Also unless it's a short in the wiring, who's still in the pink shirt guy's car with their foot on the brake? the 3rd light isn't on but seems too bright to just be tail lights.

Last edited:
  • 2Like