Weather

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I might possibly see my first tornado in like 35 years. Shit is coming straight for my area.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hold on tight. In my limited experience you hear it before you see it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hold on tight. In my limited experience you hear it before you see it.

Looks like we are clear. Shit got almost dark as night and the wind started howling so we moved my grandmother down into the basement. 10 minutes later heard it calm down came up and it's sunny as shit. Now it looks like everything shifted north and east of us.

• 3Like

Rime

<Donor>
I have never experienced a tornado, as I live a few thousand feet above sea level, but front line winds are terrifying. Sounds like a freight train and they rip everything apart.

God/Allah/FSM/AlGore/whatever bless you folks that have to deal with tornadoes on a regular basis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You can experience a tornado simply by watching this video. The only reason he did not die was due to the weight of his balls anchoring his truck to the ground.

2 more

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
You can experience a tornado simply by watching this video. The only reason he did not die was due to the weight of his balls anchoring his truck to the ground.

Who does this asshole think he is: Jonathan Fucking Kent?

tenor.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The past two weeks i've had Tstorms everyday, my basement is fine, neighbors weren't so lucky, one sump pump failed. Lost power today, like the whole grid was down, i mean i had to drive 15minutes to a working cell tower, the grid was down that bad.

Now theres hail and all the popo can do is be silly

• 1Like

Borzak

KS headed to MO tornado. Apparently it was large. Kansas city area. Not in town I think. One of the sites said there were 500 confirmed tonados touched down in May. Edit. Said inside the loop on one of the reports.

KC_5_jpg-961471.JPG

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tornado warning just went up in Morris County NJ. getting rocked here.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fucking hell, another neighbor just said his basement flooded, home improvement shit is halted, gonna go get me a backup sump now

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
North Eastern Pennsylvania... non-stop tornado warnings from 645pm until 9pm tonight. Was rather stressful. Had lots of wind and about an inch of rain, with some small hail thrown in, but the mountain kept twisters from forming. Several in the valleys around my area, though.

I remember, growing up 30 years ago, there was maybe one tornado in my entire childhood. Now it seems there are a handful every year, getting worse and worse. Not so fun.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I lived in Wisconsin for one year during kindergarten because my dad was stationed overseas for a year and my mom stayed near her parents to help with us two kids. They had lived in Southern California for about a year or so before that and had my sister. My mom let me stay upstairs and watch one tornado because it was several miles away, but I remember it very clearly. It literally scared the fuck out of me at that young age. We had to go down into the basement several times in that one year.

My parents had both grown up in Wisconsin and had never left it for more than a day trip to Chicago or Michigan/Great Lakes. So they were used to that shit. Still, after letting me watch the one tornado, my mom very distinctly told me that, "Even if the weather were as wonderful here as it was in California, we'd still never, ever live in Wisconsin again because of shit like that tornado." (My parents say "shit" a lot. Never "fuck", but "shit" all day long.) They were fond of telling everyone that would listen that, once they stepped foot in California, they immediately wondered why people actually CHOSE to stay in places like Wisconsin. And we've lived here ever since.

Of course, now I want to leave because of the politics, but my parents are both 70+ and I just know that if I move something will happen and I'll move back to be near them again. :( If I don't move, they'll both live to 100, which is what I hope.

• 1Like

Borzak

I'll be Mr. Conspiracy now. Went to Cat Island, LA this morning (I think it's technically Cat Island Swamp). Normally it's a 10,000 acre soybean field adjacent to bald cypress swamps and couldn't get within miles of it this morning and it's on the "dry side" of the levee above Baton Rouge and right near the Angola prison. Didn't think about it till I listed to a podcast this afternoon. All the water in corn and soybean country gonna push back planting, we'll see.

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
China already said they aren't going to buy American soybeans this year they prefer to starve. Argentina will be buying ours and selling them to China more than likely, their drought is killing the harvests the last few years. We usually have a later harvest soybeans anyway, Argentina usually has the earliest. If we are pushed to the fall just might make China hurt even more. They tried last year to not buy ours but couldn't make it through the winter and had to order.

• 1Like

Borzak

Just south of Baton Rouge on the MS river. I don't see it draining off the midwest and upper midwest anytime soon. They open the spillway the 2nd. One gate at first and then more over the next few days unlike last time. < 50 miles from the Bonne Carre Spillway that is wide open to let water from the river into the lake and then onto the gulf. Still rising. 90 miles give or take to the gulf on the river.

Edit - just read the opening of the Morganza Spillway delayed till the 6th. Apparently their models predict water will over top the spillway structure if it's not opened at the right time. When the river hits 1.5 million cubic feet of water per second it will open. That's a lot of water.

The water in AR, MO, Iowa and all that above there is going to be there a long time.

Kind of amazing how slow the water will move even at a 20knot current now. They predict it will take 7 days for the water rising from opening the spillway to get to Morgan City maybe 60 miles away, maybe less. All the flooding backwater.

1BA5AAFB-8DCE-438D-AC42-288DE1B703EA_jpeg-963676.JPG

Last edited:
  • 3Like