looter.jpg

Texas edition:
mexilooter.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Here is a much higher rez video from the crew that was filming on periscope last night...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So now the rain is becoming a problem. Houston had 13 inches in *3 hours*. That's insane. In Austin we're getting a ton of rain, and places are starting rescues, etc.

You can see houston traffic cameras here: Houston TranStar Cameras

They are now reporting that the levels of the bayous in houston are already higher than allison. That's impressive, since theres like 5 more days of this shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ryanz

<Banned>
Of course there's no casualties. Texans aren't pussies. A little wind and rain ain't gonna hurt nobody :)

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are now reporting that the levels of the bayous in houston are already higher than allison. That's impressive, since theres like 5 more days of this shit.

It's a bad situation and that's putting it lightly. Houses in some areas flooded so badly last night that people were trapped on their roof or in their attic. It's still raining now, and it's supposed to rain consistently for another 2-3 days.

I guarantee people are dead. Many friends are dealing with flooding. Some friends live in the areas of major concern and may be in life threatening danger.

Fuck nature in its ear.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's only a tragedy if people who prepared well died anyway. Anything else is just cause and effect.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Katrina wasn't so bad until their levee broke and swamped the place out. Forced the dindus to loot TVs and bikes for survival.

The Wikipedia article for Hurricane Katrina is interesting, in that you can see someone tried to fuck with the information about the widespread looting and the clusterfuck at the Superdome. Uncited references to the looting and pillaging being 'greatly exaggerated', that people were 'only looting things necessary to survival'. Few paragraphs later, talking about how a Walmart was completely destroyed by American Inventors and the fact that search-and-rescue operators had to switch over to combat looting/restore order. Even got a thrown-in reference of 'WELL THE POLICE WERE LOOTING TOO!' and a single 'hero' story about a drug dealer that hijacked a school bus and drove a bunch of people into Texas.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
40% of rockport residents didn't evacuate they are saying (weather channel ticker). There is gonna be some dead peeps. This flooding is pretty insane, I guess this is the level of flooding that might get people to write a religious text about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't get these people.

If you live in a place like that, have a 'go bag' and whatever irreplaceable stuff ready to go and pack ahead and drive out of town. Then have insurance.

??

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is what happens when people freak out about hurricane force winds, but ignore the rain forecast.

"Oh, hey, that hurricane wasn't so bad." Meanwhile 72 hours later you're dead.

• 2Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Holy shit it's getting bad. Luckily my neck of town is holding out, but I guess we'll see how things look by tomorrow. Hope the rest of you Houstonians are staying safe and as dry as possible.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why in gods name do people stay in such situations? All you have to do is drive 5-6 hours away from the damn thing and rent a motel for 2-3 days. This shit isnt rocket science.

"dont use social media accounts for rescue request"

does this really have to be said?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why in gods name do people stay in such situations? All you have to do is drive 5-6 hours away from the damn thing and rent a motel for 2-3 days. This shit isnt rocket science.

"dont use social media accounts for rescue request"

does this really have to be said?

Random people here and there? Sure. How do you move 7 million people at the same time?

Last time they tried to evacuate the city in mass, people sat on the highways without moving for 30 hours.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Random people here and there? Sure. How do you move 7 million people at the same time?

Last time they tried to evacuate the city in mass, people sat on the highways without moving for 30 hours.
Well yeah you dont have to evacuate everyone, just you would think the most vulnerable like those in that picture would want to get the hell out of there.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well yeah you dont have to evacuate everyone, just you would think the most vulnerable like those in that picture would want to get the hell out of there.

Gee, my house is at the bottom of this hill, right by the river...

• 1Worf