Weather

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's Miami man. It'll look like the intro to Black Hawk Down when supplies are being handed out.

I can imagine, Harvey hit right on top of us, the eye. It was north of Corpus, Corpus didn't receive much damage at all which was nice to be able to run to a big city for shit we couldnt get but so was everyone else lol and lines were long wherever you went. Was scared shitless when I got back to Ingleside and saw all the homes down around me and on my way to my house. Luckily my house is only 8 years old and sturdy.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Miami probably has 1 day delivery with Amazon Prime. Even though this thing is 5 days off I'd imagine the roads looking like something out of ID4 after 2 days though.
Also, I miss Publix. They have those damn carrot cakes with the carrot shaped icing on them. I been craving one of those things for about 7 years now.

We ordered water 1 day delivery and it will be here tomorrow to go with us up north...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
When kids are begging to help stand in line for free shit, there is usually a good reason as most are dont want to stand in line for free shit, depends on how slow a learner you or not but even the dumb asses in my family figured out sitting in a cold ac blowing ride playing on your phone while waiting for free shit beats sitting outside baking in 95+ heat with 90% humidity while mosquitos the size of dragon flies try to carry off your young.

Oldbased

> Than U
If you can wait 2 days Jet has better prices/selection most of the time than Amazon, or you can price haggle it in amazon chat if Amazon is supplying it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

none

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every store sold out of water today in South Orlando. Insane really. Roads are packed. People are really taking this one seriously.

Went in to the sixth store and hit the jackpot. Loaded up the cart, got in line and then realized I left my wallet in the car. At this point they are out of water as well, so I was looking for somewhere to stash the cart while I ran outside to grab the wallet. Lots of people circling like vultures and I realized I wasn't gonna make it. So, like any good Trump supporting racist white male, I handed my full cart to an african-american husband and wife. Wished them luck and departed with "Trump 2020".

• 4Worf
  • 4Trump
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol first reply on that seismologist article:

"Meanwhile on the west coast the wildfires are so bad they are blowing into Canada -BC-anyone who thinks that climate change is a lie should start looking out their window. I would support a total ban on all cars -only buses or mini buses."

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I assume it is highly inflated due to the lack of rain?

Where did you buy your hay from?

More importantly what was that per ton?

Yeah, the problem is that the drought is so wide-spread. Usually when we can't harvest enough hay in SE Montana to feed the cows we can go to NE or central MT or western ND or somewhere within a couple hundred miles and buy hay. This year all of those places are also dealing with drought and fire so there's a lot of demand and what we can buy is coming from 600 miles away in the NW corner of the state or even from Idaho and Minnesota and the freight is killing us. We're paying $165-$195 a ton which is double what hay is worth on a normal year. Irrigated farms have hay locally, but they have jacked up their prices to the same or more than what we can get it shipped in for. I can't really blame them, when calf prices went through the roof a couple years ago I wasn't looking to sell mine at a discount, but it's pretty hard on the bank account.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If she dips further down into Cuba it'll really help things out. The mountains are on the south side of Cuba so she needs to dip that far down.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Fuck you guys. Am I the only one who wants to see the full wrath of this thing hit land

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck you guys. Am I the only one who wants to see the full wrath of this thing hit land

Except for the fact that I live in Southwest Florida, I might be curious. I'm not so curious at the moment. It can go wipe Miami off the map while staying in the Atlantic!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We ordered water 1 day delivery and it will be here tomorrow to go with us up north...

Do people not have water bottles or is it a tap water thing? Jesus between water bottles and hydro packs we could probably pack a 20 gallons of tap water with us.

Also handy to have some life straws around just in case.