Weather

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Residents 'trapped on roofs and in vehicles' as Hurricane Florence nears coast

If you're in a mandatory evacuation zone, are physically able to evacuate, but don't, you should not be rescued.

I would take it a step farther. If children are involved, parents should be held accountable for endangerment/Abuse. There are a lot of pictures of kids being rescued that should have never been put into that situation. As a parent, if you are unable to understand and recognize that a hurricane is a life threatening situation that would be akin to leaving kids in a burning house, then parents should face the consequences. I might even add that any person getting rescued should have to pay a fine that helps to negate the cost involved.

Don't even get me started on what should happen if rescue personnel die during the attempt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I would take it a step farther. If children are involved, parents should be held accountable for endangerment/Abuse.

Yeah! We should also charge all the adults with attempted suicide!

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Still no power for me.
You have my sympathy. Last year we moved to Florida in July and Irma hit in September. It was my first experience with hurricanes and Florida. We had no power for a week. 80+ degrees at night with no power. Was fucking miserable. Never appreciated science and technology so much in my life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
lol, those videos really driving the fake news title home. Stop sensationalizing everything you fucking retards.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone dead? can we now make fun of a Hurricane these stupid fucks decided to name after some broad from the 1920s?

Shit, if anyone has ever met a real girl named Florance, she dead.

I mean is this the trend? using old timey names for Hurricanes? In 20 years is Tropical Storm Shenequia gonna come over and say HEYYYYYY!!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Spent an hour this morning at daylight (the grey line when it's the best time propagation wise) passing some messages on HAM radio that were sent oncerning the hurricane. None of it was life or death save me stuff. It was all pass to a local person and have them call this person "I'm OK" type stuff. I switched over and listened to some of the traffic coming out of Asia which I can barely get now days and there was a lot more but most of it was just chatter/bs type stuff about what people might have heard.

I think some HAM club had set up a station to send messages out from locals that were without power from some of the messages I passed along. I know a lot of them have generators and such for such events.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user