Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
Bless our weather services heart.
This is moving SE. I live in BG. It's less than an hour off at this point.
Forecast- Cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.
Same page
1597116929557.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got hit by a Derecho today. That wasn't fun. Power out for 8 hours or so. I did get a little taste of what it's like to be in a Hurricane, and the southern/east coast states can keep that shit over there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
To be fair, I see shit like this in Florida all the time and then don't get a drop of rain
Funny thing. We did get rain but it was 90% gone in the 30 minutes after I posted that. State sized blob just sucked up by all the dry air hovering over my city like a little liberal whore streaming for bitties. Sluuuuuuurp

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Got hit by a Derecho today. That wasn't fun. Power out for 8 hours or so. I did get a little taste of what it's like to be in a Hurricane, and the southern/east coast states can keep that shit over there.
Still no power here. Running off a generator atm. Almost 2 million without on the first day. 100+ mph hit and basically became an ef1 tornado.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DC-Baltimore area got hit with over 3" of rain in 30 minutes. Pool overflowed than the whole backyard turned into a lake and muddied up the pool. A few people had to move their cars because the drains couldn't keep up at they were at risk of their engines being flooded.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I live in the cedar rapids area of Iowa, and we were slammed by that derecho on Monday. Still no power here, probably not for many days yet. So much damage to power lines by broken trees. Thankfully all my friends and family are OK and only minor property dmg.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
106 here today and a nice temp drop and lower temps starting Monday, I can't wait to ride my motorcycle again.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
106 here today and a nice temp drop and lower temps starting Monday, I can't wait to ride my motorcycle again.

Man, we've had so many days where it's just too hot and/or humid to be comfortable riding. I haven't done a lot of riding this summer.

• 2Like

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I live in the cedar rapids area of Iowa, and we were slammed by that derecho on Monday. Still no power here, probably not for many days yet. So much damage to power lines by broken trees. Thankfully all my friends and family are OK and only minor property dmg.

Quad cities area here, we are on a hospital power grid so didn't lose power. I guess that's a win...

To be honest we got fkn lucky. Wife works from home and called me when it happened. I told her to file the claim asap and I headed home from work. We somehow got ahold of a tree service and had the entire mess cleaned up by about 6pm and the house tarped up. Now just to wait for the adjuster.

Resized_IMG950423.jpeg

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Quad cities area here, we are on a hospital power grid so didn't lose power. I guess that's a win...

To be honest we got fkn lucky. Wife works from home and called me when it happened. I told her to file the claim asap and I headed home from work. We somehow got ahold of a tree service and had the entire mess cleaned up by about 6pm and the house tarped up. Now just to wait for the adjuster.

View attachment 293137
ouch, but as long as no ones hurt, thats what insurance is for

you have an after pic? did they cut the tree to the stump? looks like a vertical main trunk split, i believe an arborist would say that tree is fucked.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're getting ready for an entire week in the teens. Going to fucking suck. Apparently Death Valley may get up to 127.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
ouch, but as long as no ones hurt, thats what insurance is for

you have an after pic? did they cut the tree to the stump? looks like a vertical main trunk split, i believe an arborist would say that tree is fucked.

We haven't had the tree taken down yet. They are all prioritizing homes and power lines. It could be awhile until that tree comes down. Damaged our over hang and sky light. So happy I had new gutters and soffit put in last summer..
IMG950507.jpg

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, this has been an experience I'd rather not have to go through again. Power was just restored to my area after 6 days without, and somewhat spotting cell service. It was super bad, many people had it worse, but I'm sure glad for having power back.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Fuck this weather. 112 average high for the next 10 days and 85 low.

• 2Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
AZ right now....fucking oven. Each time I go outside I feel like I am opening the oven. This heat needs to break already.

• 1Like