Weather

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Sure was nice riding the motorcycle out here in Phoenix today. Didn't even need a jacket.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
In suburban Maryland, the temp is currently 9 degrees with a wind chill of -11 degrees.
And the wife asks, "Can you walk down to the mailbox and see if we got any packages?"

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In suburban Maryland, the temp is currently 9 degrees with a wind chill of -11 degrees.
And the wife asks, "Can you walk down to the mailbox and see if we got any packages?"
14 here on Long Island with a wind-chill of -6. We got some serious wind action going on.

Goatface

it is -3 right now. AccuWeather's "real feel" says it is like -37.
1671847612619.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

MILWAUKEE - We Energies on Friday, Dec. 23 urged customers to reduce natural gas use by "immediately" lowering their thermostats to 60 to 62 degrees.

In a news release, the utility said the move will allow customers to stay safe, warm and help avoid a significant natural gas outage.

This request comes after an interstate pipeline supplier that provides natural gas to We Energies experienced a significant equipment failure that is limiting the amount of fuel they are sending, the utility said.

MILWAUKEE - We Energies on Friday, Dec. 23 urged customers to reduce natural gas use by "immediately" lowering their thermostats to 60 to 62 degrees.

In a news release, the utility said the move will allow customers to stay safe, warm and help avoid a significant natural gas outage.

This request comes after an interstate pipeline supplier that provides natural gas to We Energies experienced a significant equipment failure that is limiting the amount of fuel they are sending, the utility said.
:trump:

Significant equipment failure = fucking around and limiting supply to get people ready for climate being blamed for lockdowns and other unpleasant shit

That's roughly 15 to 16 degrees in Aussie speak lmao

• 1Picard

Borzak

1 out of 3 without power in Maine.

Not just the lower 48.

Peak wind gusts so far reached 83 mph on the Glenn Highway in Palmer, with the Palmer airport seeing 77 mph, and the Wasilla airport seeing 73 mph. Residents were asked to stay indoors and off the roads if at all possible.

Anchorage International Airport saw a wind gust of 68 miles per hour. This stands as the third strongest wind event for Anchorage – ever.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This system has been pretty nothing burger in Nebraska. Dusting of snow and -2 with wind-chill

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the cold isnt a biggie around here. nobody cares. 7 degrees, -12 winchill. drink another beer. the fucking wind though, that shit is ripping everything up. fuck that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Never got above 3 in Southern KY today. Had moderate wind and most of the day was still -1 or more. In fact the 3 is right now. Should make it to 6 by dawn.

Borzak

the cold isnt a biggie around here. nobody cares. 7 degrees, -12 winchill. drink another beer. the fucking wind though, that shit is ripping everything up. fuck that shit.

Apparently that is cause all the power outages in Maine, wind blowing trees down and shit.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Apparently that is cause all the power outages in Maine, wind blowing trees down and shit.
I am on TVA which powers TN and only a small part of KY I live in.
This morning power companies from TVA started 15 minute blackout rotations for lack of power. I have ONLY seen this once in 50 years when temps got over 115.
They claimed lack of power. After about 5 15 minute rotations they called it off. I assume to the people losing their shit, especially since TVA added a surcharge recently due to fuel prices and on the 1st a "power" tax goes in effect no one voted for.
Then hours later whoever powers the rest of KY also started rolling blackouts. Again for lack of power.
Plug those EVs up motherfuckers!
Receipts:
1671870254236.png
1671870320975.png

Now here is the bullshit factor for 2 MAJOR regional power hubs.
We average per year 3 days at 0 or below. It was -5. Yes it got cold, but suddenly just NOW the utilities can't handle it. Oh so short years after the Texas thing.
Lets send hundreds of more billions to Ukraine. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I am on TVA which powers TN and only a small part of KY I live in.
This morning power companies from TVA started 15 minute blackout rotations for lack of power. I have ONLY seen this once in 50 years when temps got over 115.
They claimed lack of power. After about 5 15 minute rotations they called it off. I assume to the people losing their shit, especially since TVA added a surcharge recently due to fuel prices and on the 1st a "power" tax goes in effect no one voted for.
Then hours later whoever powers the rest of KY also started rolling blackouts. Again for lack of power.
Plug those EVs up motherfuckers!
Receipts:
View attachment 449658View attachment 449659

Now here is the bullshit factor for 2 MAJOR regional power hubs.
We average per year 3 days at 0 or below. It was -5. Yes it got cold, but suddenly just NOW the utilities can't handle it. Oh so short years after the Texas thing.
Lets send hundreds of more billions to Ukraine. I'm sure it'll be fine.
you have to wonder who are the absolute retards that "turn down" the thermostat to help out

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
Welp today they did it. First rolling 15 minute blackout complete. Never in 5 decades have I seen it intentionally done.
Guess we are the UK now.