What classic childhood movie would you like to be bastardized and remade by current hollywood.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Predator goes to Chicago, pulls out skulls and throws them back after realizing he's a privileged alien. Votes for Hillary

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hate to be the one that makes your life even shittier, but...

Well really you can't make Adventures in babysitting over since the whole movie relies on a world without cellphones. I still passed on that one though because it just didn't look good.

khorum

Murder Apologist
What are u talking about? They already made the best possible remake for that fucking movie:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Oh man, Lori Loughlin could play the mom now - i would still hit it!

Just going to leave this here.

zy81wjH.jpg

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Just going to leave this here.

View attachment 1153
I don't put a lot of stock in Rotten Tomatoes, the audience score is the important part, i mean they gave the Omega Code and Howard the Duck a higher rating. Between Lori Loughlin's hotness and the "send me an angel" scene, the movies deserves at least a 10% by any objective standard!

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
/delurk..

two different obscure made for TV movies that struck a cord with me when young:

Where have all the people gone
Where Have All The People Gone? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Girl, the gold watch, and everything
The Girl, the Gold Watch & Everything (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Man, I loved The Girl, The Gold Watch & Everything when I was a kid too. I barely remember anything about it beyond the time stopping, but I know I loved it, and I've always remembered that title.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There ever been a Steven Seagal equivalent in recent years? His movies weren't spectacular, but as a kid they were enjoyable. Sometimes you need a guy that goes around on a revenge riff. Not a continuing series, but like his were with him as a different guy pretty much kicking people's asses for whatever reason.

Ya know, they give the main guy a new generic family that gets killed off in every new movie and he goes all angel of vengeance and shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Man, I loved The Girl, The Gold Watch & Everything when I was a kid too. I barely remember anything about it beyond the time stopping, but I know I loved it, and I've always remembered that title.
they used to play that on my local tv channel on sunday afternoons during the 70s with the Doberman gang movies. i think they even made a sequel to that girl, goldwatch movie.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
51J56DBT5YL.jpg

Wife used to bring this up, really wanted to see it remade before the voice cast started dying. RIP King Haggard (Christopher Lee).

Last-Unicorn-Review-060915.jpg

• 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Agree on Krull
250px-Krull.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

p10403_p_v8_aa.jpg

Reboot again but keep the campiness. Hell it could be role reversal I wouldn't care. Actually that might put it more in the old school realm it was meant to be as over the top campy.
215px-Deathrace2000poster.jpg

Kudos if you know this one. :)
BigBus29.jpg
Cyclops.jpg

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
As a little kid I used to watch the 1960's British TV show 'Thunderbirds!'

8oKeoZB.jpg

Then about 10 years ago, they made a film . . . and did it all wrong. They used human actors and made it all real world.

It should have been a CGI film, recreating the old look and feel of the marionettes and the future / retro high tech world. Over the top rescue situations, it could have been so cool.

Hollywood, please again and do it right.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Couple movies I would love to see remade, but Hollywood would most likely fuck them up:

Night of the Comet, Rock and Rule, A Boy and his Dog, Force 10 from Navarone, or Logan's Run. A lot of the suggestions in this thread are pretty decent, too. I think the key ingredient to a good remake is to take something sci-fi that's not tied into the pop culture at the time of its release, but has a simple enough premise that you can put a new spin on it to make it interesting. Trying to just remake something and put current pop culture humor always falls flat as does simply redoing the original note for note.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what made me think of this movie, but for some reason i remember it fondly
p8116_p_v8_aa.jpg

• 1Like