What do you do?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
There is a pretty big difference between your phone being snappy and response and driving down the street to get groceries at 40 mph.
I usually drive my X5 to go get groceries at 40mph. And yes, I enjoy using my 450hp SUV to accelerate to 40mph. It brings me pleasure.
biggrin.png

I drive my porsche when my middle kid begs (he loves cars) or when I'm going somewhere far away by myself and I can enjoy it.

Vinen

God is dead
I usually drive my X5 to go get groceries at 40mph. And yes, I enjoy using my 450hp SUV to accelerate to 40mph. It brings me pleasure.
biggrin.png

I drive my porsche when my middle kid begs (he loves cars) or when I'm going somewhere far away by myself and I can enjoy it.
I just don't get the X5. Probably going to get a used 335 or 535xi... wife liked the one we were driven in and my car is starting to fall apart after 7 years of abuse. Just 1/2 of my bonus for the year so not that hard to a sell for me... just can't decide if I want the smaller form factor of the 335 as pulling in and out of my Garage is a total pain in the fucking ass in the winter.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get the X5. Probably going to get a used 535xi... wife liked the one we were driven in and my car is starting to fall apart after 7 years of abuse. Just 1/2 of my bonus for the year so not that hard to a sell for me <
I needed third row seating

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
GG SOCCER MOM
I am not embarrassed to say I have brought 5 kids to a baseball game and had them watching star wars on the rear seat entertainment the whole way there and back.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Jesus, I'm pretty sure the company and goverment group it supports that I'm leaving is the shittiest fucking place in the world. 2 days left, and the director decides to finally give us managers our reviews. I'm 10 months past due for my 2014 one.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I got off of salary and onto a % of billings system, so now if I work 10 hours a day I get paid for 10. If I work 4, I get paid for 4. And if we have a contingency case I put hours on and we settle it, I get paid my share of the contingency which can be several multiples of my actual hourly. Plus I still get bonuses for firm performance. No paid time off, but I can take off basically when I want to because they won't be paying me for it.

Time to go shopping at the Aston Martin dealer.
Go to a different dealer. Last time you bragged about how much money you made, you made the same comment.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bro eya you ain't rolling in the million club??? Few folks on here bring up how much they make in nearly every post, I guess I find it funny

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Go to a different dealer. Last time you bragged about how much money you made, you made the same comment.
Funny nowhere in that post did I say how much I made, nor have I ever. Don't hate brother.

My apologies for talking about my job in the tell us about your jobs thread. I'll try to keep it somewhere more appropriate.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I mean, you're not talking about going to the Honda dealership brother.

and you are using this thread for its purpose so don't worry. I'm just jealous.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My girlfriend drives a Maserati. It's a nice car...but she makes about 1/4 what I do and she always complains of how expensive shit is where she lives and the price of home ownership/rent is going up up up (Austin). Of course I make 4x what she makes and I drive a 7 year old truck I paid $27k for new that's worth about 15k now.

I don't see it either. I can see paying lots of money for a car, but I'm guessing a lot of people are driving around in what probably should be their retirement savings.

Vinen

God is dead
My girlfriend drives a Maserati. It's a nice car...but she makes about 1/4 what I do and she always complains of how expensive shit is where she lives and the price of home ownership/rent is going up up up (Austin). Of course I make 4x what she makes and I drive a 7 year old truck I paid $27k for new that's worth about 15k now.

I don't see it either. I can see paying lots of money for a car, but I'm guessing a lot of people are driving around in what probably should be their retirement savings.
Someone complaining about a cheap ass location like Austin? LOL

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Come to Massachusetts man, where $265k buys you 1/2 acre in poor mans land!

If she drives a maserati at 1/4 of what you make then I don't want to know what you make. Only a few execs here are driving around maseratis

Vinen

God is dead
265k gets you something that has a yard? Fucking pleb land.
Igonore Noodlefag. He's out in crime-land and isn't in a close anywhere near real civilization (Boston). Seriously, if he walks 10 feet into the next town he will get gangbanged.
650K got me a 2000sqft townhouse build in 1910 (gutted) with a shared 1/10th an acre lawn.

But as to his other comment.
Nobody fucking owns expensive cars who lives near Boston as we are lucky to have a Garage in a million dollar house. Who the fuck wants to own an expensive ass car if you can't store it during the salt rape winters.

(gogo houses built in the early 20th century selling for north of $1mil)

//Thinking of moving into Cambridge now that my wife was promoted and we are making nearly half a year. Should be able to afford somewhere close to Harvard Square.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
650k for 2ksqft townhouse. Fucking pleb land. Wife and I looked at a townhouse last week. 813sqft 500k (So retarded)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I used to live in Fall River, it's only bad if you go into the heart of it, the outsides are fine. I'd rather pay $265k and live near a smelly city than spend 650k for a townhouse in boston.