What We Do in the Shadows

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jesus christ at first i thought Taika just called in a few favors and got bautista and tilda, cuz of Marvel but no, they all played vampire roles
“I remember Kiefer Sutherland passed. Brad, we talked to his people and they were very open to it, but by then we were so full up with vampires, we never really followed up. Which is kind of rude of us, and maybe a mistake. But that’s saved something for season 2. And Tom [Cruise], I don’t even think we tried. It was one of those things where we went out to a lot of people, and once we got the people that we had, we were very happy with it. There were a few people who did want to do it, and then scheduling-wise it just didn’t work out. I can’t remember if [Robert Pattinson] was one of them. I do remember Alexander Skarsgård was really very open to doing it, but he was in Australia at the time. We almost sent someone to Australia to try to shoot him, but the schedule didn’t work out. As it is, I wish we had more time with each one of those, so if we got more, it would have been even less time for everyone. But we’re open for anyone for season 2!”

i guess tilda was in some love vamp movie with loki, danny is doing his vamp from dust till dawn, dolores also did true blood

Poor Bautista is only a good actor when told to act like Drax

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
What? They had clear speaking roles.
The OGs showed up first during the dance bit, that's what he was referring to.

Think the college girl appeared in the preview for next week and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Their line delivery is insane. "She speaks the Bullshit" "We have a telephone" All of these lines are so well delivered. Cracks me the fuck up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It's a small thing, but the fact that Lazlo has to shout "Bat!" every time he shapeshifts gets a laugh out of me. Pretty sure he's also shouted "Human form!" a couple times while shifting back.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I've seen a show deconstruct everything about itself as much as this show does. I tell people its kind of like the Office with vampires, but its not really that. Continues to be fantastic.

It's a small thing, but the fact that Lazlo has to shout "Bat!" every time he shapeshifts gets a laugh out of me. Pretty sure he's also shouted "Human form!" a couple times while shifting back.
enjoy this episode!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I had a patient today and I swear to God it crossed my mind at least 3 times that he was an energy vampire.

Fucking awful.

This show is great though.

• 1Worf

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I've seen a show deconstruct everything about itself as much as this show does. I tell people its kind of like the Office with vampires, but its not really that. Continues to be fantastic.

enjoy this episode!
It is a fish out of water tv show with vampires.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It is a fish out of water tv show with vampires.

Nah, if that was it the show wouldn't be nearly as funny. It has some elements of fish out of water, but the 3 main vampires clearly have adapted to living in the current times. They may still do things in old fashion ways, but they certainly aren't out of their element day to day.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I went to a panel with energy vampires at a convention. They said they wore the fangs to get the reaction. It was so fucking funny, I had to leave after 5 minutes to not be rude. I did not get to ask if they were energy vampires before this show or because of it. This show was the first place I ever saw the concept, but it might be old.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yes, chinese vampires only move by jumping
Mr.-Vampire-GIF.gif

• 2Worf

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The shit they were doing while Gizmo was narrating was hilarious, Lazslo especially

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe the season is over already. As far as I'm concerned there was not a single unstellar episode. Great character moment for Gizmo in the finale. And fucking lol that Colin's DNA shows him as "100% white"

• 2Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah this show's firing on all cylinders. It needs to be back like, now.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users