Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do they drop ship overnight replacement products to everyone or is it just because I spend so much money and have Prime?
Had a broken space heater shipped to me the stand plastic base was snapped in the unopened box, they did the same thing had the replacement there the following day. A few years ago my dad ordered a treadmill and it was missing the instrument panel at the top that you controlled/turned it on and off with, like the entire panel. They overnighted treadmill to him and had the UPS guy pick up the return one. That blew my mind, rather than sending the part (which i'm guess the reason was they don't have it just laying around) they sent an entire new unit which probably cost a decent chunk to ship.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Bought an unlocked Galaxy S6 a couple of weeks ago with a ton of credit from Amazon I had laying around. They sent me a S5 instead so I got a return box and sent it back. Find out it never made it back to amazon and someone from USPS stole it. I had tracking on it and saw it stop at a post office then never continued. Called that post office and they deny anything of course and I tell them my tracking stops at them. Talk to their manager and am told I am shit out of luck since I didn't buy fucking insurance for it, which I have never had to do before this. So I am screwed out of hundreds of dollars since it is OK for them to outright steal a package. I file a complaint against them and vow never to use USPS for anything I have to mail ever again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it is horribly regressive and stupid. Literally the worst of the worst of ways to fund anything.
It's a tax on the stupid. Literally the best way to fund the gubmint is a stupid tax.

Of course my jimmies gets even rustleder because their customer service is so polite I can't even get pissed at them.
I had that happen once. I called loaded for bear, but the lady who helped me was so good she diffused me. When we were done, I asked to speak to her manager and let her know what a good job she'd done.

Spoke with the title company's lawyer today. Guy more or less didnt say anything aside from it will probably be next friday before his "research" is done and he has some answers. Asked him how the first title company had no problem following the ownership papertrail to my sister, brother and myself but the current title company was unable to, he just said there are multiple scenarios that could make that happen.

At this point I think theyre just trying to figure out who fucked up on their end and what the damage is going to be.
Are you willing to let them pay you and let the buyers keep the house? Or are you looking to get the house back and leave it empty because fuck everyone?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bought an unlocked Galaxy S6 a couple of weeks ago with a ton of credit from Amazon I had laying around. They sent me a S5 instead so I got a return box and sent it back. Find out it never made it back to amazon and someone from USPS stole it. I had tracking on it and saw it stop at a post office then never continued. Called that post office and they deny anything of course and I tell them my tracking stops at them. Talk to their manager and am told I am shit out of luck since I didn't buy fucking insurance for it, which I have never had to do before this. So I am screwed out of hundreds of dollars since it is OK for them to outright steal a package. I file a complaint against them and vow never to use USPS for anything I have to mail ever again.
Maybe I'm confused but why was it even USPS, was it not Amazon fulfilled so they didn't use UPS? Did you not have an outer box to conceal what was inside it?

Also, you pay for USPS through taxes so I'm sure they don't really care. It would take a constitutional amendment to shut down the USPS, good luck.

joz123

Potato del Grande
It was Amazon fulfilled through a 3rd party but the return was by USPS. I dropped it off at one of those mailbox stores to be picked up.

mr208

N00b
Maybe I'm confused but why was it even USPS, was it not Amazon fulfilled so they didn't use UPS? Did you not have an outer box to conceal what was inside it?

Also, you pay for USPS through taxes so I'm sure they don't really care. It would take a constitutional amendment to shut down the USPS, good luck.
Amazon uses usps, ups and FedEx for prime and standard shipping.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, I've just never had them use USPS for anything above manila envelope size.

I mean you are kind of fucked, that's what insurance is for as shitty as it is for you. However, I just assumed Amazon insured all their returns, guess not? Did you talk to Amazon?

I always take video before shipping shit like that as well to show it sealed and the tracking number on the package or pallet. Worse comes to worse that will likely be good enough in civil court.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That would be what the title insurance is for. They certify their search and will pay off shit they didn't find. Thats what you pay the multi-thousand dollar insurance for.
That's why I said WAS pissed and followed it with a "then"

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Are you willing to let them pay you and let the buyers keep the house? Or are you looking to get the house back and leave it empty because fuck everyone?

House was probably only worth the value of the land.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Yea, I've just never had them use USPS for anything above manila envelope size.

I mean you are kind of fucked, that's what insurance is for as shitty as it is for you. However, I just assumed Amazon insured all their returns, guess not? Did you talk to Amazon?

I always take video before shipping shit like that as well to show it sealed and the tracking number on the package or pallet. Worse comes to worse that will likely be good enough in civil court.
Ya I talked to Amazon. Told me my issue is with the shipper. Since I have no proof besides tracking and USPS won't turn in one of their own, I am screwed. I will just use Fedex/UPS from now on even if it costs a little more.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Did they not buy the prepaid shipping label in your case?
Yes I printed a shipping label for free. But it only comes with tracking and it still isn't insured, would have had to pay extra for it. Amazon rep told me since the item was worth over 100 that I would have needed insurance on it for them to cover it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
ISP at work is doing maintenance tonight. Everything I do is taking an extra second or so and it's rustling my jimmies far more than I expected.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes I printed a shipping label for free. But it only comes with tracking and it still isn't insured, would have had to pay extra for it. Amazon rep told me since the item was worth over 100 that I would have needed insurance on it for them to cover it.
I really feel like you can strongarm them into getting the 3rd party company to cover this. Just be like I've been a long time customers blah blah, cancel my prime account, BBB will hear about this. I can't believe I order something, and the wrong item is shipped to me, and I'm the one who gets shorted again?!

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I really feel like you can strongarm them into getting the 3rd party company to cover this. Just be like I've been a long time customers blah blah, cancel my prime account, BBB will hear about this. I can't believe I order something, and the wrong item is shipped to me, and I'm the one who gets shorted again?!
Strongarming someone that didn't do anything wrong with the shipment? USPS is the one at fault. I can't believe they're still around at this point.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Manager at the post office told me since I filed a report against them they won't investigate the incident rofl like they were going to anyway. Such bullshit.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
So true. Complain complain complain complain, refuse to address the problem, complain complain complain, refuse to address the problem, repeat cycle. Rustles my jimmies. This board doesn't need TWO misters.
'Addressing the problem' by..what. Either quitting or relying a fake sexual harrassment accusation?

Sorry I rustled you, friend. How long did you have to stand in line at the homeless shelter to get access to a computer with internet, just so you could whine about someone else's rustling?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
right now? some fucking shitheads fucking stole my credit card info and tried to buy stuff for almost thousand euros. But joke's on them. They aren't getting shit because I halted all transactions. All 15 uses were outside EU so tough luck fuckers. I'm looking at you, you fucking jew dipshit from Israel, a sand American Inventor from Qatar, surrender monkey from France, some faggot from Luxembourg (?), also you, you ugly Brazilian tranny and lets not forget incest loving redneck from Nashville and some Trump lover from New York. All probably used proxies but as if I give a fuck. All of them should be skinned alive but not enough to kill them. Just peel them like very thin strips of bacon. Then drop some acid on them just to hear them scream. Then rip out their nails one by one and then methodically start breaking their bones. Have a medical staff on standby to ensure that they are kept alive and conscious. Then let their wounds heal and start all over again. Obviously moving from nails to teeth the second time around. Also then it's time to introduce strategic burning. Killing them would show mercy and they will receive none