Whats rustling your jimmies?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the appartment trustee(or whatever it's called in english I just googled that I'm not sure, company that deals with all the repairs and contractors to fix stuff in the appartment)

I think manager or management company is what you're looking for. But more importantly, WTF is your native language? You don't type like lenindoritos

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This, especially Uber eats. I once had a driver go off into a random subdivision and basically do circles in the area for 10 minutes, wit my food, then they picked up another delivery, did more random shit, dropped off the food they picked up after mine before finally bringing me my cold ass, overpriced food to me. It was one of the longest deliveries I'd experienced, clocking in at just over 90 minutes... That was also when I learned Uber no longer gives any fucks. Whenever I'd submit a ticket about missing food or incorrect items previously, they would ask for pictures (I once had chewing gum holding a bag closed...), they would promptly refund my order. Not this time. An $18 order of now rubber and cold calamari, that was supposedly an order size for four people, ended up being about a single serving of chips amount of food. I was also supposed to receive pasta and bread. Uber's response? Not a God damn thing.

lKoItD1.png

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This should be 1st world problems. Fucking 3rd party food deliver. /palm. Unless its a couple miles away chinese driver you can tip $2, just go get the food, bonus you can verify your order.

Stuck at work and cant leave I looked at delivery options a few times but the costs are absurd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
$2.99-6.99 delivery fee for Ubereats (unless it's "high traffic", which means $12-15+, meaning fuck that particular restaurant), and fuck tipping, so it's very nearly the same price as going there to get it myself. And sometimes I'm drunk and not willing to go get food myself, lol. I've had general success using it, though they have about a 90% track record of forgetting drinks. Favor, Door Dash, Grubhub, are all a bit more expensive, much less consistent, and slower - except Favor. Favor is solid as shit, but you don't get your bill until after it's been delivered, and they force a tip into the bill. They've been 100%, even with assholish custom requests.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I may be too jewish, but adding $5 to a $12 order is too much. Around here the limited options i want to say where actually more than you quoted.

I laugh at these youtube ads for this delivery service that runs from its own supply house thats basically just a gas station convenience store.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Where I live, most are $2.99. And I have a loooot of options. Favor will go to gas stations, pick up beer from HEB. Iono, avoiding asshole drivers in my area is worth the $3. Especially when I'm not able to leave my desk during the day, and I fucking hate shopping in white America HEB stores. Shit really tests my patience, so tend to avoid it entirely. Convenience I'd gladly pay for. So glad they added the curbside pickup option where now you don't even have to go into the store...

20180906_181357.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Primary ISP at work is having yet another outage. Seems it seems like this has been happening at least once a month this year. Being on the backup connection means I can't watch Netflix or stream from my Plex server.

I'm glad I never went through with ditching Spectrum for these jokers. If their business class service is this bad, I can't imagine how bad residential must be.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Spectrum where I'm at is riding the coattails of new infrastructure from TWC, which has had nearly 99.99% uptime for me, working from home for the last decade I'm well aware of any issues. I just miss being able to message TWC on Twitter at 3am, and them knowing exactly what was going on, or being able to schedule a tech to come out the next day to replace my modem or the AC adapter that one time it failed.

If you're choosing an alternative, I'm curious who you have available. For me, it's AT&T with satellite internet, and fuuuuck that on both counts.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The only acceptable, non DSL or satellite option is a smallish local ISP that covers a limited area in a few counties around here. Their service area ends 1 block away from me the last time I checked, so I was considering seeing if they were planning on extending that any time soon.

Their service is more expensive and slower than what Spectrum offers, plus they don't sell any internet only plans, just phone + internet. Spectrum pissed me off when I moved last year (they opened a second account at the new place and didn't deactivate the old one, took 2 months to resolve) so I was pissed enough at the time to try it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think manager or management company is what you're looking for. But more importantly, WTF is your native language? You don't type like lenindoritos
French. And the dishwasher did end up fixing itself after letting it sit for a little while. Pretty sure it's an electrical issue like the oven, since it works fine the rest of the time. Just hope it can hold for another 2 months or so then it won't be my problem anymore.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
The only acceptable, non DSL or satellite option is a smallish local ISP that covers a limited area in a few counties around here. Their service area ends 1 block away from me the last time I checked, so I was considering seeing if they were planning on extending that any time soon.

Their service is more expensive and slower than what Spectrum offers, plus they don't sell any internet only plans, just phone + internet. Spectrum pissed me off when I moved last year (they opened a second account at the new place and didn't deactivate the old one, took 2 months to resolve) so I was pissed enough at the time to try it.

Have you tried looking for an isp that offers an EFM Internet connection?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Have you tried looking for an isp that offers an EFM Internet connection?

Nope, I've actually been pretty happy with Spectrum once the billing crap got sorted out. My only gripe is a lack of options to increase upload.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yield signs. More specifically, the retards that ignore them or assume that it doesn't apply to them. There is one I encounter every day on the way home, and I'm on the right of way side of it. Countless times people just blow through it and assume I will make room for them. Fuck you, you're going in the ditch or slamming on your brakes. Except of course that isn't how it works out, because I value my car and the time it would waste even if an accident were found to be 100% their fault. And what's even worse is that I know a huge percentage of them aren't aware they did anything wrong and think I'm the asshole. Yield signs are great if used properly, but I'd be fine with abolishing them totally just because too many people are too retarded to be allowed to use them.

I'd prefer just executing those stupid people, but that isn't going to happen until Trump's second or third term.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Void Void yeah I loved having my ol 94 GMC Jimmy square steel box of doom - screw you it has dents all the fuck over it- move or die.

I was then happy again once I got a "beater" but...its a nissan leaf and being and EV - I do not want to explode if someone bumps into me wrong...so while it is paid off and i obviously dgaf about its looks... I cant just go leeroy into people like I would want.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
This, especially Uber eats. I once had a driver go off into a random subdivision and basically do circles in the area for 10 minutes, wit my food, then they picked up another delivery, did more random shit, dropped off the food they picked up after mine before finally bringing me my cold ass, overpriced food to me. It was one of the longest deliveries I'd experienced, clocking in at just over 90 minutes... That was also when I learned Uber no longer gives any fucks. Whenever I'd submit a ticket about missing food or incorrect items previously, they would ask for pictures (I once had chewing gum holding a bag closed...), they would promptly refund my order. Not this time. An $18 order of now rubber and cold calamari, that was supposedly an order size for four people, ended up being about a single serving of chips amount of food. I was also supposed to receive pasta and bread. Uber's response? Not a God damn thing.

Haha, the restaurant I work at we watch them drive into the neighborhood behind us all the time and just sit there. I always wonder if any of them decide to knock on the door of the house they end up in front of... Rustles me because the people who end up getting shit service like your story think it's the restaurants fault so they call up to bitch and leave bad reviews etc. but it's Uber, we have shit to do with it once they pick it up.

Uber taxes the fuck out of at least the restaurant I work at (30% of total order price.... lol 30 fucking percent, and then they hit the person ordering for fees too), I honestly have no fucking clue why anyone would sign up at those rates but companies do.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Some companies are making 50-60% profit off their food (tell me a cup of fucking ramen costs $10 to make in bulk....), and they don't have to staff a waiter for the order. Some shops, like local businesses are getting straight fucked on the deal.

Also, the drivers get paid by the mile, not by time, so they're not benefitting anyone just sitting there.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Some companies are making 50-60% profit off their food (tell me a cup of fucking ramen costs $10 to make in bulk....), and they don't have to staff a waiter for the order. Some shops, like local businesses are getting straight fucked on the deal.

Also, the drivers get paid by the mile, not by time, so they're not benefitting anyone just sitting there.
Well, other than apparently getting to eat half the food, which is what I'm getting from these comments here.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yield signs. More specifically, the retards that ignore them or assume that it doesn't apply to them. There is one I encounter every day on the way home, and I'm on the right of way side of it. Countless times people just blow through it and assume I will make room for them. Fuck you, you're going in the ditch or slamming on your brakes. Except of course that isn't how it works out, because I value my car and the time it would waste even if an accident were found to be 100% their fault. And what's even worse is that I know a huge percentage of them aren't aware they did anything wrong and think I'm the asshole. Yield signs are great if used properly, but I'd be fine with abolishing them totally just because too many people are too retarded to be allowed to use them.

I'd prefer just executing those stupid people, but that isn't going to happen until Trump's second or third term.

Get a dash cam, wide enough angle to get them on tape swiping their way in. Tell them your neck hurts ;)

This biatch almost ran right into me on the way in once (again yay cheap dash cams)
I also have one of these yields right outside work on my way home, highway on ramp with 2 sources. They have to yield. Never do. I'll ride half in the grass laying on the horn, no effect.

Last edited:
  • 6Rustled
Reactions: 5 users