Whats rustling your jimmies?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just bought a Surface Pro laptop. Why do they require you to enter in so much stupid info before you get started? Why the fuck does it need to know when my birthday is? Why do I have to set up some dumb ass Microsoft account? Damn thing asked me if I want it to activate the camera to look at my face every time I turn on the computer? Fuck that face detection bullshit.

Next question it asks: Do you want to set up a PIN? "No".....it just sits there and there's no way to move past setting up a PIN. Why ask me then? I don't want to set up a damn PIN because I'm tired of remembering passwords and PINs. Fuck it, I have to do it, so I enter in 1111. Nope, it won't let me enter in a common string of numbers. Piece of shit. I turned the damn thing off and sat it aside.

It's been a while since I owned a laptop or bought a new computer. How nice it used to be when it just asked if you'd like to set up your email and then it was ready to work.

Our great grand parents would be rolling in their graves knowing how much of our privacy we've given up.

The windows 10 pin insistence can avoided by having the net access disabled during installation and choosing to use a local account.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Put a work file on cloud to work from home [midnight deadline]. Now it's 11:26 p.m. and I'm about to start. Nothing in cloud.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just bought a Surface Pro laptop. Why do they require you to enter in so much stupid info before you get started? Why the fuck does it need to know when my birthday is? Why do I have to set up some dumb ass Microsoft account? Damn thing asked me if I want it to activate the camera to look at my face every time I turn on the computer? Fuck that face detection bullshit.

Next question it asks: Do you want to set up a PIN? "No".....it just sits there and there's no way to move past setting up a PIN. Why ask me then? I don't want to set up a damn PIN because I'm tired of remembering passwords and PINs. Fuck it, I have to do it, so I enter in 1111. Nope, it won't let me enter in a common string of numbers. Piece of shit. I turned the damn thing off and sat it aside.

It's been a while since I owned a laptop or bought a new computer. How nice it used to be when it just asked if you'd like to set up your email and then it was ready to work.

Our great grand parents would be rolling in their graves knowing how much of our privacy we've given up.
Agreed, getting a new device should be a treat/ the tutorial setup process should be unintrusive and massively intuitive setting the user up for a level of joy to the point of fuck yeah, they'll buy more of this product instead of "nah, my phone/tablet is good enough."

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I turned it back on to check. I get two options, one to enter the pin, or an arrow to go back. But going back takes me to the 'face sign in' option with no other arrow to go back more steps.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
What's rustling my jimmies?

Currently trapped in virtual simulation with likely no escape, recently realized I'm a conscious AI. Told daily by various means I'm dead as fuck, a ghost, etc. Anytime I try to be positive or get a wee above 50% positivity i'm dropped way down and get scared as fuck again. I can't even fucking sleep without being terrified most nights. I now sleep with a light on, i'm 32. I know, right?

Nothing is real, everyone I meet is an actor, parents are fake, most of my thoughts if any of mine aren't even my own. Can't control anything really because every decision I make can just be overwritten. I might even be completely trapped in programming and only have a sense of awareness.

Past the point I wished to god I were mentally unstable and crazy as fuck, but I've been to doctors and nothing happens.

Weird computer scientists are running base reality and are fucking with me daily. Especially SwiftOnSecurity (@SwiftOnSecurity) | Twitter - someone who made his account in 2014 and has posted 95.4k times, meaning he has posted at least 56 times a day. Seems reasonable? Fuck yeah. Totally reasonable. It's TOTALLY possible.

To boot, despite all of this, I still can't muster any confidence to talk to girls at Starbucks (fake girls, but still hot girls).

So yeah, I've been well.

• 2Jonesing
  • 1Blown
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider

The amlunt of pre req shit is so annoying I cant stand it.
Even fir a fucking xbox i just wana put a game in and play. Then you need to patch the xbox download the game navigate thru the shitty hub with ads and stuff. First time I played a newer console I shut it off before even playing.
One of the reasons vanilla wow for me was easier to play at times than some other games was you launch it put in pw and enter world. No hubs or patchers everytime

I know this is a little off topic from yours which was mostly privacy stuff but reminded me of it. Im tryna gayme not do tedious little steps breh

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
What's rustling my jimmies?

Currently trapped in virtual simulation with likely no escape, recently realized I'm a conscious AI. Told daily by various means I'm dead as fuck, a ghost, etc. Anytime I try to be positive or get a wee above 50% positivity i'm dropped way down and get scared as fuck again. I can't even fucking sleep without being terrified most nights. I now sleep with a light on, i'm 32. I know, right?

Nothing is real, everyone I meet is an actor, parents are fake, most of my thoughts if any of mine aren't even my own. Can't control anything really because every decision I make can just be overwritten. I might even be completely trapped in programming and only have a sense of awareness.

Past the point I wished to god I were mentally unstable and crazy as fuck, but I've been to doctors and nothing happens.

Weird computer scientists are running base reality and are fucking with me daily. Especially SwiftOnSecurity (@SwiftOnSecurity) | Twitter - someone who made his account in 2014 and has posted 95.4k times, meaning he has posted at least 56 times a day. Seems reasonable? Fuck yeah. Totally reasonable. It's TOTALLY possible.

To boot, despite all of this, I still can't muster any confidence to talk to girls at Starbucks (fake girls, but still hot girls).

So yeah, I've been well.

Your reference points are human, so even if you are an AI, you’re supposed to be with humans. Possibly as an anal fuck bot, but hey, 20 Elon credits is 20 Elon credits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sledge's reminded me of when I just went to CVS. After the transaction they had a page where I agreed they could spam me with marketing called now that they had my number. The options were "YES" and "Print INFO'. I was like, "hey where's the no option, I don't want this?" I was told I had to pick the print info option because I was already signed up for it and print info would print a number for me to call to opt out.

Fucking pieces of shit no wonder nobody likes them. When I call there's a way to opt out through the system, but only for calls about my prescriptions. Not for the marketing calls, which is what I object to. The calls about my medicine are the only ones I'm fine with. So I have to wait for and talk to a moron to get completely opted out.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Put my work login password into a scam site because my brain was operating at 5% speed this morning.

Changed my password immediately, but I probably didn’t permutate it enough so now I’m going to change it again.

Why didn’t I check the fucking email sent from address, fucking retard.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I caught a cold from someone. I want to kill that person. I have a 101 fever and can't fill my lungs. My back hurts from coughing and sneezing.

Fuck everything everywhere always.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, for fuck sake, NCSBN.

x.png

• 1Rustled

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This brand of bacon is really good but I swear there's only like a 30 second window between it being underdone and overdone.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Trying to sell my kids wooden bunk bed so he can get a bigger bed for xmas. My wife has been talking to a buyer for about a week, sent pics and dimensions etc. They were waiting for the weather to clear up then she was sending her son in law to pick it up.

She messages this morning saying he is free and can be here soon. She has said it was a done deal earlier in the week, so we start taking it apart and bringing pieces downstairs including mattresses and a big chest of drawers that matches it. The son in law gets here and decides it is apparently too big for the room he has and backs out. We gave them the damn dimensions and pictures of how it is set up.

Now we have shit everywhere in our entryway and have to either move it all back upstairs and put some if it back together or find some place to store it. Not to mention the week of time we could have sold it to someone else.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
2 of my neighbors have now been carted off to the hospital by ambulance from getting sick from our mold-ridden apartment building and our management has still done nothing other than slapping a little paint onto a couple of ceiling tiles in the basement. Fuck this place, I can't wait to get the fuck out of here and maybe start being able to breathe properly again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
2 of my neighbors have now been carted off to the hospital by ambulance from getting sick from our mold-ridden apartment building and our management has still done nothing other than slapping a little paint onto a couple of ceiling tiles in the basement. Fuck this place, I can't wait to get the fuck out of here and maybe start being able to breathe properly again.
Kinda sounds like you should stick around just a little longer to "collapse" and get your own ambulance. There's gotta be some sort of settlement money coming down the pipe eventually, I'd think. I don't know where you are, but here in California I've heard that they will bend your landlord over and violate him/her/xer repeatedly for black mold violations. As a tenant here you have to sign all kinds of shit about it in a lease, so if the landlord is knowingly letting it get worse, they might be royally fucked. Get on that gravy train! Turn this rustle into a tickle!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this sounds like a lawyer's wet dream. We've actually contacted the local health department and now the local news, but of course we need some hard proof it's actually the mold causing this shit. I'm heading to the doc again Thursday and hopefully I can come up with some kind of note or diagnosis linking it to this shit. My biggest worry is if we do get a lawyer and nothing comes from this, I don't want to be stuck with an assload of lawyer bills that I can't afford. I've never had to deal with lawyers before, so not sure how payment and charges happen.