Whats rustling your jimmies?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Jury duty. I might be the only person in the world who wants to serve on a jury so it rustles me everytime I'm called and don't get seated. But today was worse because one of the ladies selected straight up said she was ready to convict the guy before the trial even started. Two others who were selected said during questioning that they wouldn't convict or would have trouble convicting with the facts as they were laying them out.

It's fucking bullshit. I could have been an actual impartial juror.

The case was a dui but the guy was on prescription meds, so no bal test. I assume there was going to be a field sobriety test. One of the people picked said with no scientific test they couldn't convict. Another said as long as they were his meds they wouldn't convict. With all 3 the judge and prosecutor spent time holding their hands extracting the "right" answer from them (that they can be impartial). Like fuck them. They need to figure out a way to prioritize people who actually want to serve instead of trying to shoehorn in people who have either already made up their minds or just didn't want to be there.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I feel you except I've never even had the call to show up. I guess I'll keep voting and hoping.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Billie Eilish rustles my jims.

Girl who permanently looks like she just hit 7am through an all-nighter who doesn't even really sing and doesn't even really have music going on in this video has 655 million views. This is like every man, woman and child in the United States watching this. Twice.

She makes me feel old; She makes me feel like a "music of kids these days" type of crab-bag. But it sucks. I mean it just legitimately sucks... it's not even music and that's the funny part; I think old people were saying that shit about my music as a 12 year old.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Billie Eilish rustles my jims.

Girl who permanently looks like she just hit 7am through an all-nighter who doesn't even really sing and doesn't even really have music going on in this video has 655 million views. This is like every man, woman and child in the United States watching this. Twice.

She makes me feel old; She makes me feel like a "music of kids these days" type of crab-bag. But it sucks. I mean it just legitimately sucks... it's not even music and that's the funny part; I think old people were saying that shit about my music as a 12 year old.

It's not just you; it's garbage "music". Weird slow talking and crap instrumentals.

Siliconemelons

Unfortunately, I don't live in the American Dad cartoon, which is the only place I've ever seen that allows volunteers.

Hurm, seems things have changed in the past decade or whenever it was - when I last served the person was explaining that somehow you could volunteer or something to put yourself in a certain time-frame - in case you were planning a trip or new job or something where you felt you could not have the "risk" of jury duty.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm going to try to briefly summarize this one, because it enrages me and I don't want to get myself all fired up this morning.

One of my best friends was arguing with me for ~30 minutes recently that he thinks the US Government is better suited to raising children than parents are nowadays. This wasn't just a passing comment....he really believes that this country would be better if all children were kept in the care (housing, education, etc) of the government. He is a paramedic, so he sees some fucked up home lives. I was an EMT in the same area and have seen the same houses, and they sure as fuck are not frequent or as bad as anything I've seen in cities or on reservations. He also has 3 kids under 10.

Maximum rustled.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm going to try to briefly summarize this one, because it enrages me and I don't want to get myself all fired up this morning.

One of my best friends was arguing with me for ~30 minutes recently that he thinks the US Government is better suited to raising children than parents are nowadays. This wasn't just a passing comment....he really believes that this country would be better if all children were kept in the care (housing, education, etc) of the government. He is a paramedic, so he sees some fucked up home lives. I was an EMT in the same area and have seen the same houses, and they sure as fuck are not frequent or as bad as anything I've seen in cities or on reservations. He also has 3 kids under 10.

Maximum rustled.

Group homes on a massive scale. What could possibly go wrong.

• 3Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hurm, seems things have changed in the past decade or whenever it was - when I last served the person was explaining that somehow you could volunteer or something to put yourself in a certain time-frame - in case you were planning a trip or new job or something where you felt you could not have the "risk" of jury duty.

It might vary by state or even county. In my county when you get the summons you can go online and pick a date. If you do that, you get to skip the first part where you sit in the jury room waiting to be called. You go straight to a courtroom where lawyers start the voir dire. I can only pick a date within the next month but I think I can keep changing it too. In the county immediately south of me, you can go online and pick pretty much any date but you don't get to change it and in both cases you must have your summons. The county north of me doesn't have any online stuff. In fact, I think when you get your summons, you call a number Friday night and they tell you whether they need you or not.

Anyway, I'm going to ask about volunteering anyway. It will be a good lead in for asking if there's a way I can be seated on the first row for voir dire.

I was thinking about it more last night and I remembered there was another lady who was a dispatcher in the area he was arrested and she knew all the cops who were going to testify. I'm 90% sure she was selected too. At least they didn't have to argue with her to get her to say she could be impartial and not give too much weight to the cops' testimony.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Selling around 4k worth of offshore fishing gear and every Jim and Joe thinks they can low ball me or BOGO my reels.

This isn't good will. Gtfo

Do you guys just ridiculously ovrprice your shit on Craigslist so idiots feel like they're getting a deal when they knock off a hundo?

Last edited:

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I know I lose out on money but I avoid selling stuff to other people like the plauge. Everyone wants the ultimate deal or a low enough price to resell it themselves. Everytime my wife mentions a garage sale I cringe.

• 3Solidarity

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Fucking smug asshole district manager and his smug bullshit requirements. I'm just a group lead and not even a real manager and this is already making me hate the idea.

"We're going to need you to pick a representative to attend these biweekly safety meetings at 11am every other Friday."

"Uh, you realize this is the 10pm-6:30am shift, right? That's basically the equivalent of asking someone to commute twice in one day to show up at midnight."

"It can't be helped, if we did it on your shift we'd basically be doing that to three people instead of one."

"Look, you have to offer some kind of compensation for this. Demanding this out of the blue is more than a little ridiculous."

"There's no money in the budget for that. Quite frankly they're lucky to even get overtime."

"I'm telling you, this is absolutely not going to go well at all if I just walk in tomorrow and demand someone do this. We already have three open positions, and-"

"This is not up for discussion. We've already signed several contracts where we promise to adhere to these standards, and they do audit people sometimes. I expect you to have someone there, this is not optional."

• 2Rustled
  • 1Triggered

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Fucking smug asshole district manager and his smug bullshit requirements. I'm just a group lead and not even a real manager and this is already making me hate the idea.

"We're going to need you to pick a representative to attend these biweekly safety meetings at 11am every other Friday."

"Uh, you realize this is the 10pm-6:30am shift, right? That's basically the equivalent of asking someone to commute twice in one day to show up at midnight."

"It can't be helped, if we did it on your shift we'd basically be doing that to three people instead of one."

"Look, you have to offer some kind of compensation for this. Demanding this out of the blue is more than a little ridiculous."

"There's no money in the budget for that. Quite frankly they're lucky to even get overtime."

"I'm telling you, this is absolutely not going to go well at all if I just walk in tomorrow and demand someone do this. We already have three open positions, and-"

"This is not up for discussion. We've already signed several contracts where we promise to adhere to these standards, and they do audit people sometimes. I expect you to have someone there, this is not optional."

I've worked a job that required 24/7 coverage and fucking over the midnight shift for nonsense meetings is so goddamn common. When I worked 0000-1100 our management required that anyone on the team not on duty show up for the monthly department all hands meeting. Guess what shift is not on duty from 1100-1500 on a regular work day? It was really just this masturbatory "look how good we're doing" exercise that took up 4 hours minimum.

They did pay OT for it, but it honestly wasn't worth it for anyone but me. Our team was entirely remote, and I was the only one who lived anywhere near the physical workplace. It was annoying, but I'd sit in a 4 hour meeting when I was supposed to be asleep for time and a half when it only took me 20 minutes to get to the office. The other guys on my shift lived at least 90 minutes away.

We tried to find a compromise. We tried maybe only one rep from the team shows up and takes notes to disseminate to everyone else, or someone else covers midnight shift that day for the person who has to go to the meeting. Management's rule was hard and fast. It's an all hands meeting, so we will have all hands who are not currently on duty. No scheduling flexibility. There were other bullshit meetings this happened with but that's the one that stands out.

• 1Rustled

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

What you're describing is a sinking ship. Might be too slow to notice right now, but watch out.

• 2Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
My wife can't drive for fucking shit. This is now the 2nd time that she has backed into a car that was parked in our driveway because "she's not used to looking that way". What the fuck kind of stupid excuse is that?

My mom was parked in the driveway once, and instead of looking behind her to make sure it was clear, she backs up and scrapes up the side of my mom's car while pulling out of the garage. This morning does the same exact shit to my daughters car. She comes in pissed off because she did it, and she actually fucking said "I was like what is that sound?" THE SOUND OF YOU SCRAPING AGAINST ANOTHER FUCKING CAR. How the fuck do you not look behind you when fucking backing up?!

Since my daughter has her car on our insurance, it is probably just going to be cheaper for me to pay to get it fixed outright instead of going through insurance. Thankfully my wife's car is so fucked up from running into shit all the time it isn't even worth it to fix it.

Fucking jimmies rustled.

• 2Worf

Siliconemelons

Your story is rustling me.

My wife backed into the van with her little SUV once... it was not as blatant as just not looking back... she misjudged an angle and was in a hurry etc...

arg women

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My wife can't drive for fucking shit. This is now the 2nd time that she has backed into a car that was parked in our driveway because "she's not used to looking that way". What the fuck kind of stupid excuse is that?

My mom was parked in the driveway once, and instead of looking behind her to make sure it was clear, she backs up and scrapes up the side of my mom's car while pulling out of the garage. This morning does the same exact shit to my daughters car. She comes in pissed off because she did it, and she actually fucking said "I was like what is that sound?" THE SOUND OF YOU SCRAPING AGAINST ANOTHER FUCKING CAR. How the fuck do you not look behind you when fucking backing up?!

Since my daughter has her car on our insurance, it is probably just going to be cheaper for me to pay to get it fixed outright instead of going through insurance. Thankfully my wife's car is so fucked up from running into shit all the time it isn't even worth it to fix it.

Fucking jimmies rustled.

How tall is she? I've noticed that short women are horrible at driving in any direction other than forward to the point they stop even trying.

Siliconemelons

My wife's car now has front and back sonar censors, and reverse, front and side cameras - thus 360* top down cam view also - front collection breaking - lane departure warning and correction (slight, not full lane keep) and adaptive cruise control.... and she still managed to get rear ended 5 days after we got the darn thing! hahah

• 1Worf