Whats rustling your jimmies?

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Filing unemployment claims of any sort (i.e. setting up or subsequently requesting payment) here in Texas. I was on the phone from 7:30 AM until 10:30, at least 2.5 hours of which were spent in abject elevator hold music.

I get that tons of people are unemployed right now, but if camping out at the phone to call them when they've only been open for a few minutes results in that sort of wait time, you'd think they could hire some more people in whatever call center is handling this shit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Filing unemployment claims of any sort (i.e. setting up or subsequently requesting payment) here in Texas. I was on the phone from 7:30 AM until 10:30, at least 2.5 hours of which were spent in abject elevator hold music.

I get that tons of people are unemployed right now, but if camping out at the phone to call them when they've only been open for a few minutes results in that sort of wait time, you'd think they could hire some more people in whatever call center is handling this shit.

I feel you.

In Washington state. Never gotten through on phones, only a recording saying they're experiencing high volume and then the line hangs up. The state got defrauded out 600 million dollars from Nigerians filing tens of thousands of fake claims, causing more delays and at one point the re was sorry they'd run out of money to pay out active claims. 40 employees of the unemployment office themselves had fake claims filed in their names while employed and it didn't seem to trigger anything in the system, but we're supposed to trust these idiots to fix the mess they caused tanking the economy and paying people more to be unemployed. Been 2 months and still no ruling on my unemployment claim, much less any payment. I'm good for now on savings, but a lot of people aren't, and one of the solutions to the fraud was the state immediately stopped checks on anyone actually getting them without notice, so people just didn't get a check and guess what happened when they tried to call?

Government solutions to government created problems! What could go wrong.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My jimmies aren't rustled about this, but I don't know where else to put my live blog stuff.

We have a hot date tonight. We're going to get really high and watch grizzly man. Exciting stuff, and I'm really pumped.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
1. People who don't know about the pickle tickling thread.

2. Fresh round of bullshit with the cable company. If they knew how close i was to firing them and going all streaming .... they still wouldn't give a fuck and that's the absolute worst part. I need to find out which governmental body gave them a monopoly and burn it down.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Garage door opener ate itself. Shaft like broke and gear that drives chain chewed thru the surrounding plastic housing.

I'm cheap, but will have someone do it because I know garage doors can be a bad time if like the springs go on you.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Having a dream where I'm cheating on my wife and get caught, then wake up and actually feeling like a piece of shit for something that didn't really happen.

Also, in my dream Kimmy Granger drags her teeth on your dick. 🤔☠️

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Garage door opener ate itself. Shaft like broke and gear that drives chain chewed thru the surrounding plastic housing.

I'm cheap, but will have someone do it because I know garage doors can be a bad time if like the springs go on you.

You obviously don’t know. Because if you did, you’d know that the motor on your ceiling doesn’t interact with the the spring in the manner you think.

Sludig

You obviously don’t know. Because if you did, you’d know that the motor on your ceiling doesn’t interact with the the spring in the manner you think.
I didn't explain fully trying to be brief. I know that, but after playing with the door I can tell the springs need tensioned, havnt had any keep since built I'm guessing. It's not balancing where it should, probably what caused the unit to overwork and break.

• 1Like

Roddsgto

Trakanon Raider

Do yourself a favor and get an end mounded (jackshaft) garage door opener. It makes much less noise and doesn't have that big motor hanging in the middle of the garage.

71Ds%2BXjn4DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• 1Like

Sludig

Direct drive, ya I saw a few posts on my gun forum on an old garage thread advocating for them. Hanging motor doesn't bother me, but then again might find new uses for garage space if I don't have things in the airspace.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The fact that REAL communism has never been tried is rustling my jimmies, that and people who wear masks while driving their cars.

• 1Comrade

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Found out today that McDonald’s in California stop serving breakfast after 10:30 AM, period. No limited menu, nada.

Found this out at 10:32 AM

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
As I approach a line, five people deep, none wearing masks, one having it around their neck loose, I hear,
"... I'm more worried about them implanting something. I mean why is the swab so long, you know?"

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just had another birthday... got more ancient....

Notable people who remembered this and called/texted/whatever to wish me a happy birthday : The former boss at my last employer who'se actions were the primary reason I left that place.

Notable people who didn't remember, who I even saw in person, and didn't say anything? : My own mother.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its taken usps 10 days to get a package from Los Angeles to Phoenix. You can drive from Phoenix to LA in 5-6 hours.

• 1Solidarity