Whats rustling your jimmies?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm going to need updates.

Oh, yeah assholes who just do asshole shit because they're assholes.

Sorry about all the assholes...
Got through at about 80 minutes in. They're filing it as a fraudulent charge (some asshole charged 2 years of nordvpn on my card) and issuing a new card. Agent was a young white guy, while clearly uninterested: still got it dealt with within 8 minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Power goes out when I have PS4 in sleep mode. Takes 5 minutes to reboot that shit.

Semi-related rustle: Get a new PCIe wireless NIC. Now about 1/2 the time after my computer wakes up from sleep/hibernate, can't detect card and need to cold boot. Power management setting fixes and workarounds have done nothing.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
See, thats where all this post modernism and relativism bullshit gets us.

A honking horn doesnt mean different things depending on what the honker feels at the time. A honking horn means one thing. It means "FUCK YOU, MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKER". If someone is confused about the meaning of the FUCK YOU button in their car, thats on them, not me.

My plan has always been to have 3 horns on my Truck.

1. meep meep - Just a pleasant one from like a miata or something to let someone know I'm there.
2. Musical - Something to say wassup to my boys. Probably would be the Duke Boys horn because that's the first one I ever heard. Maybe la cucaracha. Hell, maybe I'll have 4 buttons and do both.
3. Weaponized - The fuck you horn. I've heard you can get a horn from a freight train installed on your car. I want something that will hurt people's ears outside and make the driver in front of me wet himself. I expect to this one slow me down when I activate it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
My plan has always been to have 3 horns on my Truck.

1. meep meep - Just a pleasant one from like a miata or something to let someone know I'm there.
2. Musical - Something to say wassup to my boys. Probably would be the Duke Boys horn because that's the first one I ever heard. Maybe la cucaracha. Hell, maybe I'll have 4 buttons and do both.
3. Weaponized - The fuck you horn. I've heard you can get a horn from a freight train installed on your car. I want something that will hurt people's ears outside and make the driver in front of me wet himself. I expect to this one slow me down when I activate it.
Holy shit, when I read item 3 I was thinking there was no way that would be legal but apperantly you can install a train whistle on your car in some states.
That just seems like a wreck waiting to happen.

When I was in high school me and my brother bought a car together and the first thing we did was buy a programmable car horn that played like over 500 tunes.
was just loads of fun punching in random numbers to see what played (everything from Taps, reveille to La cucaracha)

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I was a kid I found a tractor trailer horn in the garage and would go out to the side of the road and hook it up to our bicycle tire pump and let it rip as cars go by. They didn't seem to like it too much but always got a honk back from the truckers!

• 1Like

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I live on a ~1mi straight stretch in a rural area with 25mph 90degree turns on either end. There's at least 5 cars that always do 90mph down the straight stretch and 4 of them come from one of the two crackhouses in our area.

One of them took out the fence across the street from me 2 months ago and I woke up to my dogs barking at the cattle that got out. Neighbor JUST finished fixing the fence last week and he put the cattle back out in the pasture on Saturday. Saturday night, around 11:30mph, one of them blasted through his fence again and took out my mailbox at the same time. Saw two different cars from that house drive past me on Sunday morning while I was pouring cement to fix the fucking mailbox and it took a lot of willpower not to hurl a shovel at their windshield when they went by.

Only thing that makes me feel better is that between the two of us, my neighbor and I had everything we needed for the new mailbox posts except the $6 worth of concrete. I'm sure the crackhead's riceburner needs more than $6 worth of repairs.
Had some jackass who'd smash everybody's mailboxes when he'd come home drunk driving. Apparently that had been an issue for a while. I had just moved in that area and that one time was already too many for me. I used a train track tie as post for the mailbox when I fixed it.

Solved that problem right quick.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Had some jackass who'd smash everybody's mailboxes when he'd come home drunk driving. Apparently that had been an issue for a while. I had just moved in that area and that one time was already too many for me. I used a train track tie as post for the mailbox when I fixed it.

I like that. Definitely doing that next

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, we had issues with that, too. My mailbox got smashed. I had a ten foot piece of Ibeam left over from a building I did, so I planted it five feet deep in concrete, and put my mailbox on top of it. I so hope someone tries to smash it or run over it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah, we had issues with that, too. My mailbox got smashed. I had a ten foot piece of Ibeam left over from a building I did, so I planted it five feet deep in concrete, and put my mailbox on top of it. I so hope someone tries to smash it or run over it.
Damn, good luck getting high schooler blood and body bits off of your driveway when they do. Let us know what power washer you need to upgrade to.

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Most of my packages directly from Amazon are being left at my door in their retail box with just a shipping label on it. No cardboard box at all, just the same box its in on the store shelf, with a label on it.

I haven't had to worry about people stealing stuff, but its still bizarre they've gotten so cheap.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Most of my packages directly from Amazon are being left at my door in their retail box with just a shipping label on it. No cardboard box at all, just the same box its in on the store shelf, with a label on it.

I haven't had to worry about people stealing stuff, but its still bizarre they've gotten so cheap.
Wow, I've actually never gotten anything from Amazon that hasn't been in a box, and my wife orders a shit ton from Amazon.

Also, rusltes my jimmies when I see an Amazon package the nth day in a row at my front door...

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wow, I've actually never gotten anything from Amazon that hasn't been in a box, and my wife orders a shit ton from Amazon.

Also, rusltes my jimmies when I see an Amazon package the nth day in a row at my front door...

It might depend on how its being shipped to you. If it goes through UPS, it always comes in a box, its their policy. But we have actual Amazon drivers that can deliver to this area, and I've seen that if its something that already comes in a box, they'll slap a shipping label on it and send it out to you by way of their driver. So far I've seen my new toaster and router sitting outside my front door with a label on them.

I have a new video card coming, but I also needed new socks, so I'm trying out to see if I can use that as a means to trick them into using a single box for both. So if it works, maybe when I order something useful, I'll order a bag of M&M's with it to force their hand.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It might depend on how its being shipped to you. If it goes through UPS, it always comes in a box, its their policy. But we have actual Amazon drivers that can deliver to this area, and I've seen that if its something that already comes in a box, they'll slap a shipping label on it and send it out to you by way of their driver. So far I've seen my new toaster and router sitting outside my front door with a label on them.

I have a new video card coming, but I also needed new socks, so I'm trying out to see if I can use that as a means to trick them into using a single box for both. So if it works, maybe when I order something useful, I'll order a bag of M&M's with it to force their hand.
Huh interesting. We definitely have Amazon vans delivering most of our packages

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Amazon ships pretty much anything already in a box as-is here as well. They only put it in an Amazon box if it wouldn't survive the shipping, or it's small and is being ordered with other items that can fit in a box with it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

I'm probably about to have my shitlord card revoked, but I just put a spring on the bottom of my mailbox. It's not a huge problem having people run over our mailbox, but now it just pops back up. The best thing is that it makes it easier for my wife to check the mail from her tiny car because the whole mailbox can be tilted down. The spring was designed by some yankee who was tired of the snow plows knocking down his mailbox.

I would link it, but apparently they went out of business or something. I tried to buy another when I saw how awesome they were and couldn't get a response from the guy.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
My town has no mailboxes on the road, everyone has their mailbox mounted right next to the front door of their house. Suffice to say, all the postal workers are in great shape.

Molten Core Raider
"weaponizing" your mailbox is actually illegal in some areas. I started reading when someone ran over mine, and in our area you actually aren't allowed to do things like set thick sturdy steel posts in concrete creating a hazard. I'm going to do it anyway if it happens again. I was too lazy to drive the 2 hours each direction to get steel this time, so I chumped out and went with 4x4 again.

Along the subject of this thread, rules created to prevent malicious assholes from being hurt, at the expense of time and money from having to replace things damaged by vandals and/or idiots.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users