Whats rustling your jimmies?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As an update no one cares about. USPS basically admitted that they fucked up but shit they can do about it since not insured or whatever. ($20 gun part from a company).
But what really makes me angry, is I understand when they have 2 adjacent streets in one locking mailbox with same street numbers. so I get it when it goes to 2222 Broadway instead of 2222 Main. But I guess the motherfucker delivered it to the wrong neighborhood entirely. Not sure if it's exacerbated any that I live in a town that is 20 mins away from a bigger neighboring town and across the major state highway. But yet by zip etc, a lot of companies shipping force the address to change to the neighboring town. Granted that's also where the mail hub is, but just annoying to see the wrong city on your mail all the time.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1604273204265.png

1604273226368.png

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"weaponizing" your mailbox is actually illegal in some areas. I started reading when someone ran over mine, and in our area you actually aren't allowed to do things like set thick sturdy steel posts in concrete creating a hazard. I'm going to do it anyway if it happens again. I was too lazy to drive the 2 hours each direction to get steel this time, so I chumped out and went with 4x4 again.

Along the subject of this thread, rules created to prevent malicious assholes from being hurt, at the expense of time and money from having to replace things damaged by vandals and/or idiots.
Idiot kids used to throw black cats in my grandmother's mailbox. Fortunately, it was limited to a July 4th, seasonal thing.

Unrelated, I managed to give myself a rug burn with the elastic of a face mask. Right behind my ear, where the skin is thin. Itches like a bitch.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish someone had told 18 year old me that getting a degree in history would result in me having jack shit for job possibilities.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So two weeks ago family member in Florida tells my mom that they will give her their 5 year old car for free. My mom is estatic as atm she drives a 25 year old land yacht on the verge of breaking down and she doesnt have the money to buy a new one.

She calls me up asking if Id fly out to Florida and drive it back with my brother and that shed pay all expenses. I tell her yes but that it makes more much more sense financially to just ship it than to have two people fly out and drive it back. I tell her let me clear the time off with my boss first and ill let you know what dates, she says ok. Next day I get a call from her while im taking a nap. Call her back and she tells me she went ahead and purchased tickets because the cost was going up the longer she waited. That was rustling but didnt matter because my boss didnt care if I took those dates off.

So all set to go next weekend until she calls me yesterday to say that shes decided to just have the car shipped out here because shes worried about corona. Overall its not as much jimmy rustling as why the hell didnt you just listen to me in the first place.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Old people fucking suck that's why, especially women. Out of pretty much most of my friends, my wifes family and mine. >55 crowd of mothers and a fair amount of the dads just complete retards about stuff like that.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finding yourself in the brief window each year where heating your place is making it too hot, yet cooling it makes it too cold. Like apartment porridge.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finding yourself in the brief window each year where heating your place is making it too hot, yet cooling it makes it too cold. Like apartment porridge.
A few weeks ago it'd get up to 85 during the say here and mid 40s at night. So much rustle

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I've been loading up the woodstove right before bed and letting it burn out overnight. It's getting cool here at night, but it was 75 degrees here today. Don't want the stove going during the day, and preventing the house from cooling off overnight means we don't have to.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where did you expect to find work with a degree in history?

I never really thought about it, to be honest. Never really thought about the future when I was a teenager. Was way too much into hanging out with my friends and chasing girls.

Thought about joining the army, but was told college would get me a better job. So I went to college and picked something I had liked when I was in highschool. Maybe Hoss was right, that someone told me and I didn't believe them. Wish I had listened I guess.