Whats rustling your jimmies?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"I only have 5k (asking price of 9k). Can you give it to me.for.5k"

Sir fuck you.
People do this all the time in Hawaii because they know most people leaving the island will sell for dirt cheap at the last second before a flight. It would be less infuriating if they'd just make the offer through email instead of showing up in person and looking at it for 30 minutes first.

Had a guy offer me $900 for my '07 KTM 525 in ~2009 after taking it for a test ride. He said "If you don't sell it before you leave, I'll give you $900 CASH for it". Told him I'd roll it into the fucking ocean before I'd sell it to him for $900

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
People do this all the time in Hawaii because they know most people leaving the island will sell for dirt cheap at the last second before a flight. It would be less infuriating if they'd just make the offer through email instead of showing up in person and looking at it for 30 minutes first.

Had a guy offer me $900 for my '07 KTM 525 in ~2009 after taking it for a test ride. He said "If you don't sell it before you leave, I'll give you $900 CASH for it". Told him I'd roll it into the fucking ocean before I'd sell it to him for $900

Not sure why people think offering cash is worth 80% off your asking price, like they're doing you a favor. It's not like I'm fencing obviously stolen goods.

• 2Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure why people think offering cash is worth 80% off your asking price, like they're doing you a favor. It's not like I'm fencing obviously stolen goods.
And I wonder how else they would pay it if you are buying it from a private seller if not cash.

Fucking jewels and coins?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
And I wonder how else they would pay it if you are buying it from a private seller if not cash.

Fucking jewels and coins?

Doubloons and seasoned slaves maybe? Or spice from the far east?

I've had private party sales before for bigger items like cars or guns, and almost without exception it's been paid for by cashier's check if the amount is over a few hundred dollars.

I can't imagine that the people offering cash at a steep discount are doing it because it's worked often in the past. Every time people tried that with me it sounded like they'd heard it in a movie or something and figured offering cash was the magic words to get stuff for 80% off.

Motherfucker, it's an incomplete set of free weights. I can't picture something more inconvenient to steal and fence.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can officially die now. Friend of mine came by a few weeks ago. Yesterday he says "Noticed there's a new church out by you I'll pick you and I'll take you".

Not really my thing but umm ok. I'm not going to argue about getting out of the house now. It was a "cowboy" church. My friend drives a $50k F-150 fully loaded truck and we had the cheapest vehicle in the parking lot. I'm still not sure where the cowboy part came from. I should have wore my hat and boots. I would have REALLY fit in lol. I'm going to guess a large percentage of them have never seen a cow in real life other than on TV. Quick service and at least it was good entertainment for me and my friend afterwards.

You know you are white trash when you would have probably fit in better at the all black baptist church heh.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a feeling this has been brought up already, but FedEx/UPS transferring packages to USPS. Why am I paying you for shipping my package if you're not going to bring it to my door?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a feeling this has been brought up already, but FedEx/UPS transferring packages to USPS. Why am I paying you for shipping my package if you're not going to bring it to my door?

Yup. It's like running an olympic relay race where the last leg has to be a representative from the special olympics. You just hope and pray they run the right direction once you hand it off. (they don't)

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Neighbours playing music just loud enough for the bass to be constantly heard, but not loud enough to warrant a complaint.

• 2Rustled

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fat people riding those scooters in stores. Fat OLD people...I will let pass. Fat young people? I wish I could tip their fat asses over.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Mother fuckers jaywalking at night. I don't know what the fuck it is around here, but it'll be dark, shitty weather with snow and all of a sudden I see some dumb ass slowly waddling in the middle of the street and have to fight the urge not to fling my car around to avoid them. It's always black people, too, which just makes them even harder to fucking see. It happens all the fucking time.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Mother fuckers jaywalking at night. I don't know what the fuck it is around here, but it'll be dark, shitty weather with snow and all of a sudden I see some dumb ass slowly waddling in the middle of the street and have to fight the urge not to fling my car around to avoid them. It's always black people, too, which just makes them even harder to fucking see. It happens all the fucking time.

Down south they like to sit on the curb with their legs in the street, hoping you'll run them over and get those sweet government disability benefits and insurance payouts.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Snow in Vegas. Shitheads out here can't drive in normal weather...

DC metro area is a shit show even if it only rains, too many foreigners that never drove until they came to the US and are fucking traffic up on a normal day. It rains? Ahhhh fuckballs, driving that day is gonna suck.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
When we went on our honeymoon, we flew on Delta. We get on the plane and everyone is noticing that the lights and TVs kept on cutting out every 5 minutes, off for a few minutes, then they would come back on. We sat on the runway for two hours before the pilot comes on and says the primary computer is not working right, so they'll just swap the secondary computer in its place and the bad primary will go in the secondary place.

Uhhhh what happens if the new primary happens to fail? Lady in front of me was freaking the fuck out about this and they wouldn't even let her get off the plane. Then we landed in ATL where we missed the connecting flight because goddamn Windows 95 running on the airplane computer, and I ended up getting my credit card skimmed at the goddamn Westin (this was literally a year later when I found that out). I suppose that was better than taking the voucher from Delta to stay at Comfort Inn South where the reviews were like "Sketchy neighborhood" "Don't leave the room" "bad part of town" "our room was broken into." We couldn't find our luggage at ATL either, so we wait in line for 90 minutes only to find out Delta held the luggage, but hey, we got a free Delta toiletries kit. Aaaand not only did we have to pay for the day we missed for our honeymoon, we caught colds on Delta and were in the room for two days out of the four that were left, just being sick.

For anyone that's been keeping up in the marriage thread, my entire marriage has been this kinds of crazy shit, one fucking disaster after another.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF