Whats rustling your jimmies?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Over two weeks now and my Amex card is still not here. Contacted them yesterday, lady says it should have arrived by now and must have gotten lost as it was shipped on the 9th. Tells me she’s gonna overnight me a card. Sweet. I get the email that a cards requested and it’s getting sent FedEx Saturday Overnight. Sounds perfect.

Check the tracking later last night. Hasn’t shipped and the shipping method has changed to USPS regular mail with an estimated arrival now of...Feb 3rd. Contact them again to ask why it changed, new rep doesn’t know and says it’s probably a glitch and they’ll try to rush me a card, but they can’t check it again for 24hours, whatever that means.

Not surprising, nothing’s shown up today. FedEx Saturdays have a delivery range until 4:30 generally, but I’m not getting my hopes up that something actually shipped. Dunno WTF is going on with AmEx, but I’d like to book some fucking travel at some point.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You realize prices for flights likely to just keep going up. Like if you'd just booked sooner I assume you'd still get some miles etc. Trying to hold out for that extra bit of miles is costing you far more...

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
The bowel prep liquid wasn’t great, but adding copious amounts of orange water flavoring to it helped. I drank it in two gulps. The actual procedure is a piece of cake. I know a guy who went through the prep and then had his colonoscopy canceled due to the doctor needing to take care of an emergency. He had to do the prep twice. I’m rustled for him.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
This odyssey begins in September or October when I began to plan a move to The Heart of Crazy to live with my fiance who took a job out there.

I ask about the possibility of being able to port my job from California. Manager says she'll discuss it with HR and the director; HR says they aren't sure about the logistics (small company), so they say no. I wasn't thrilled, but that's OK; it's ultimately their prerogative.

So I switch managers and my new manager and director get me on a phone call, say that I can take my job with me, and that they've asked HR to reconsider. Supposedly everything is lined up and I can take the job with me. This is in November.

Fast forward to today, where HR pulls me aside wanting to know about my move. Apparently this discussion that management had with HR never took place, and they still can't accommodate the move.

I'm ready to scream.

• 4Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My air mattress has a hole in it, but fuck if I can find where it is.
If you put it in a bathtub or something large enough with water you can generally tell by pressing so air comes out, making bubbles in the general direction. Still need to inspect that part but is easier to find.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, instead of trying to finagle a partially inflated mattress into a tub, bring the water to the mattress. Spray it with a water solution with a bit of soap(or anything that will create bubbles) and you'll find the leak that way.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What deathwing said. You can buy it if you want, but we make ours in the shop. I do not know how much soap it takes, but I don't think the ratios are all that important.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting a bill in the mail months after asking the receptionist at the medical place about payment and they say you're all caught up.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Getting a bill in the mail months after asking the receptionist at the medical place about payment and they say you're all caught up.

Because they're 6 months behind on their billing, but fuck you if you don't pay in full by the end of the month.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because they're 6 months behind on their billing, but fuck you if you don't pay in full by the end of the month.
Start new bank account, during process sign up for e-statements. They send paper every month for two years regardless. On Jan 2020 statement, charged for paper statements.

• 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Start new bank account, during process sign up for e-statements. They send paper every month for two years regardless. On Jan 2020 statement, charged for paper statements.

Paperless billing with my utility company, but they both email me and send me a paper efficiency report every goddamn month.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Paperless billing with my utility company, but they both email me and send me a paper efficiency report every goddamn month.

Two of my utilities have online payments, but not paperless statements.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

OMG-- my VIsa cards have started going "paperless." How am I supposed to pay a bill I never get?!? F that.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Also-- at my grocery store they are selling "pre-sliced cold cuts" and "pre-washed celery sticks."

How exactly does that differ from "sliced cold cuts" and "washed celery sticks?"

• 2Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
OMG-- my VIsa cards have started going "paperless." How am I supposed to pay a bill I never get?!? F that.

What pisses me off about paperless is that the best you can get is an email saying you have a statement ready. Maybe they might include the minimum payment in the email. If you're lucky, they might include the total balance. But that's bullshit because we should be looking at the statement every month. Why the fuck don't they just email the statement as a PDF? If they're worried about how secure it is (lol) password protect the PDF with your name or something. Now I have to log into their dogshit site with a password I can't remember until after I click the reset password link and see their idiotic password rules.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My grocery store getting rid of plastic bags rustles my Jimmies. Now I'll have to buy bags to dispose of litter in, and buy more reusable carry bags when I forget them, resulting in far more environmental impact than the plastic ones ever did

• 1Solidarity