Whats rustling your jimmies?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
NETFILE'ing taxes not being able to be submitted outside of hours of service... Why would electronic submissions need to be filed at a certain time of day?

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
NETFILE'ing taxes not being able to be submitted outside of hours of service... Why would electronic submissions need to be filed at a certain time of day?

I was curious about that because it is bafflingly stupid and maybe you tried to send during the 3 hours a day it is down for maintenance?

NETFILE hours of operation
Once the NETFILE service is open, it's available 21 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is down the remaining 3 hours a day for maintenance. For more information and updates, visit the CRA’s NETFILE hours of service page.

Still though, 3 hours a day? **rustled**

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was curious about that because it is bafflingly stupid and maybe you tried to send during the 3 hours a day it is down maintenance?

Still though, 3 hours a day? **rustled**

Ahh, I see the problem. It's down until the 24th but it's not quite the 24th yet in most of Canada (it's almost 1am here in AST)

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I decided to try blue apron because I felt like half the stuff I bought from the grocery store went bad before I could finish it. They send a million different ingredients, all in their own non-recyclable plastic bags. Why are they using these bags that can't be recycled? This seems even more wasteful than just throwing out food weekly

• 1Worf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I have to buy new, "re-usable" bags every week because the old ones keep ripping or getting too gross to re-use. I think I have wasted enough bags at this point to pack up a nice piece of the Antarctic Ice shelf.

• 2Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like those idiots don't know how to do a hot backup of their database.

They are doing what banks have done for 200 years and doing a batch process overnight. Are you suggesting they add a hot backup to the beginning of the process, then do the batch from that backup, then do a restore from the recently processed backup? Congratulations, now the downtime will be 6 hours a night. It'll be ready 3 months after they dig up a FORTRAN programmer who is still only mostly senile.

Siliconemelons

There is this guy I know who's job is to FIND programmers of certain languages that are mostly extinct - he makes a finder fee at X% of the job... Dude makes bank by knowing people and holding a client list.

• 1Like

TJR

You go to the store and get 3 items and they bag it into 5 bags when it could easily been in 1 bag.

• 2Worf

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Use. Your. Words. JFC.
/gorilla

A real life thing today. My daughter has a new pet. A hedgehog. It's quite cute and amazingly spikey.
Anyways.. We went to a vet to get it checked out and they wanted nay REQUIRED toget my drivers license number. I said Pfft no we're here to see if her pet has mites. They counter with "It's only in cases of need to prescribe narcotics etc" and I tell them we can have that conversation then. #oldmanbehavior

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
You go to the store and get 3 items and they bag it into 5 bags when it could easily been in 1 bag.
I've been getting the opposite. I'll get 10 things and they will cram it all in one bag and it rips later.

• 2Rustled

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
That must be nice living in states where grocery stores still give you motherfucking bags.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Standing in the kitchen just stirring up a mug of hot chocolate without a care in the world when an entire section of my back decides to spasm and throw itself out of commission.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Standing in the kitchen just stirring up a mug of hot chocolate without a care in the world when an entire section of my back decides to spasm and throw itself out of commission.

820930ad93718e9c8078d50d84f23ec5.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wonder why California banned plastic bags.

Probably for the same reason they banned people shitting and doing drugs out in the open! California is clearly the guiding light for the rest of the world.

• 1Worf

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
Almost every music service can be used for free, it just incorporates ads / commercials when you don’t pay.
When you don’t pay for Apple Music you can’t listen to anything on the platform at all, period.