Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The overly emotive tones of voice on NPR. Its like goddamnit lady, you're describing a piece of legislation, it really isnt appropriate to emote as if you're doing a dramatic reading of Emily Dickinson.

And along with it, the constant need for approval from the person they're talking to.

"So the issue is <insert leftist nonsense here>, right?"
"But we know this isnt true, right?"
"And thats the real problem, right?"

But the best one I heard - this was fucking great - they had some tranny freak doing a transplaining piece on how to talk to your awful relatives. And he said it - and they host agreed immediately, of course --

"But we understand that Erasure is Violence, right?"

lmao

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
NPR is almost as left as CNN and will lie any time they feel like it. When people try to convince me they are a reliable source of centrist news it's easy to refute at this point. The problem is anyone still buying the bullshit doesn't care.
L5609Emo.jpeg

• 1Harrow

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NPR is almost as left as CNN and will lie any time they feel like it. When people try to convince me they are a reliable source of centrist news it's easy to refute at this point. The problem is anyone still buying the bullshit doesn't care.
NPR made a couple mistakes and has a few lightly left shows that aren't horribly biased. And then there's shows like "The takeaway" which is so fuck far out into left field that it makes commies blush at their lack of progressiveness. That show is an absolute puke of insanity. When the far left psycho lawyer from georgetown comes on to comment, and he's gotta take a centrist stance in comparison to her every time it's just so cringe. People like this are why ovens were invented.

• 1Harrow

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
NPR is full commie and has been since before the last election. I kept track of the programming for a while, namely shows about what a democrat or the Democrats have to do to win an election vs what Republicans have to do. It was like 10 to 1 and the Republican ones were basically hit pieces on whatever candidates they were running.

If you listen carefully now, the language used is how they bias their stories. It's ridiculous and basically CNN light.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The people that send spam/fishing emails with tons of emoji's in the subject. Do they really think someone's going to click that shit thinking its official?

• 1Harrow

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The people that send spam/fishing emails with tons of emoji's in the subject. Do they really think someone's going to click that shit thinking its official?
I believe that falls under the "make the scam so obvious it filters out the non retards so when someone falls for it we know they are 100% retarded" tactic.

• 4Like
  • 1Harrow
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is this a regional thing? I've honestly never heard of those people. I have heard of people putting a soft G in Target.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I like to send official emails with emoji's in the subject just to fuck with the dum-dums. I realized this may have backfired when I was 4 emails into it with someone I didn't expect a response from, but both was obligated to email and they were obligated to respond when I hit their threshold... and they said "Oh yea, totally got your emails, mind sending them again?" I mean :) 😢 I'm just not jerk enough to reap the 🧑‍🌾 that is coming from my actions in that area.

• 1Harrow

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Didnt realize this was a thing but now I'm rustled

People who put an apostrophe in the last name to refer to a family, e.g. "The Smith's" or "The Goldberg's". There is a group of people who think that even though you don't normally put an apostrophe in a plural, they think this is the exception and you're supposed to.

Now that I had this argument I see it everywhere

• 1Harrow
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The evil lizard people who lie and pretend this wasn't "The Bernstein Bears" you pieces of shit know goddamn good and well there was no fucking such thing as the Berenstain Bears.

gh-mandela-effect-template-berentain-bears-1563918070.png

• 1Picard
  • 1Harrow

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Didnt realize this was a thing but now I'm rustled

People who put an apostrophe in the last name to refer to a family, e.g. "The Smith's" or "The Goldberg's". There is a group of people who think that even though you don't normally put an apostrophe in a plural, they think this is the exception and you're supposed to.

Now that I had this argument I see it everywhere
I'll admit this is the one English thing I've never had a grasp on. Now it's too late to care. Time for another language with dumber rules.

• 1Harrow

Ar3s

Trakanon Raider
The evil lizard people who lie and pretend this wasn't "The Bernstein Bears" you pieces of shit know goddamn good and well there was no fucking such thing as the Berenstain Bears.

gh-mandela-effect-template-berentain-bears-1563918070.png
Had this argument with my tinfoil hat friend after he watched some Joe Rogan or Alex Jones crap. Everyone pronounced it Bearnstein. Teachers, kids, and even the damn TV show did.

• 1Harrow

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll admit this is the one English thing I've never had a grasp on. Now it's too late to care. Time for another language with dumber rules.

It's probably easier when you learn English as a second language and start with learning the rules rather than learning to speak the language first and then having to learn how to write it.

's is either a possessive or short for "is". Plurals never get an apostrophe.

We were over at the Goldberg's (house). We are having the Goldbergs over for dinner.

Other languages are unfortunately no picnic either, which brings me to the related rustle of having an official language council in some European languages. The idea being standardization of spelling and grammar rules, but it ends up as a bunch of stuffy academics rewriting the rules every few years. What is spelled correctly one year is wrong the next, to the benefit of no one except text book publishers and stuffy academics in language councils.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Harrow

joz123

Potato del Grande
All of a sudden my left thumb doesn't bend as far as my right one and I don't remember ever injuring it.

• 1Harrow