Whats rustling your jimmies?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
If your waitess didn't get tips, she would be paid more, your food would cost more and she wouldn't feel motivated to bring you a refill when your cup was empty, or bring your food out when it's still hot.

You would pay the same or more for worse service
Then my waitess would get fired for being bad at her job. Tip is extra for superior service.

Yes food would be slightly more expensive on the menue, but again that is a headache for her employer (i.e not me) and her to sort out. Total would probl be the same as "lower food cost" + me being a part time employer by paying part of her salary in the form of tipping her.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've had colds before. I've had facial hair before. I don't remember having both at the same time before. Sure would like to know the technique that lets me blow my nose without filling my mustache full of boiled meat and mustard colored snot.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I've had colds before. I've had facial hair before. I don't remember having both at the same time before. Sure would like to know the technique that lets me blow my nose without filling my mustache full of boiled meat and mustard colored snot.
You have the 'twist and flick'.

mustache-starwars.gif

Or the more traditional 'swipe and wipe'.

ukodor-beard.gif

I'm sure there are other versions, but these are the most common.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You have the 'twist and flick'.

View attachment 388165

Or the more traditional 'swipe and wipe'.

View attachment 388166

I'm sure there are other versions, but these are the most common.
I was aiming for a solution that keeps the snot out of my facefur in the first place. Like some sort of gang-sign hold on the tissue that makes the tissue wholly encompass my nostrils without including my noble mustache in the mix.
1639674132390.png

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I was aiming for a solution that keeps the snot out of my facefur in the first place. Like some sort of gang-sign hold on the tissue that makes the tissue wholly encompass my nostrils without including my noble mustache in the mix.
View attachment 388177
Don't be this guy.
snotguy.jpg

Natures beard oil. Use it and laugh at the fools who buy it in a bottle.

instr.jpg

Add a bit of whiskey and drive the ladies crazy.

thisguy.png

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So if we pay them zero they'll suck dick for tips? I like your logic, Sir.

Ever been to a strip club in the US? The dancers pay the club to be there. So you're logic is sound, but you have to get the pay into the negatives for the dick sucking to start.

I've been going to Great Clips for years. Until a couple of months ago, I was getting 9.99 haircuts using their prepaid discount card (vs $14). I gave them a $10 tip. They know me, do a great job, and are fast.

<grumpyoldman> Now they raised prices to $16, no discount card available. I'm not paying $26 including tip for a 15 minute haircut. I'll let my wife do it with the clippers for free and look like a vagabond </grumpyoldman>

Why don't you just keep giving them $20? I was doing something similar with massages. They were $60, and i'd tip $40. One day the price went up to $80 and the tip went down to $20. The massage is and always worth $100 to me so that's what I pay. The haircut is and always worth $20 to you, so that's what you should pay.

Speaking of tipping, a lady in front of me in the grocery store yesterday tipped the cashier $1. The look on her face was worth the buck. Girl had no idea what to do with it. She looked around for a manager then finally just put it in her pocket. Poor thing will probably get fired if they find out.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 388177

I manage to keep it out. Hold a tight seal below your nose and have plenty of loose tissue around the sides and top. Be sure to close your eyes because the snot often gets blown upwards.

• 1Like
  • 1Harrow

Izo

Tranny Chaser
snow white and the seven dwarfs sneezing GIF by Disney

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ever been to a strip club in the US? The dancers pay the club to be there. So you're logic is sound, but you have to get the pay into the negatives for the dick sucking to start.

Why don't you just keep giving them $20? I was doing something similar with massages. They were $60, and i'd tip $40. One day the price went up to $80 and the tip went down to $20. The massage is and always worth $100 to me so that's what I pay. The haircut is and always worth $20 to you, so that's what you should pay.

Speaking of tipping, a lady in front of me in the grocery store yesterday tipped the cashier $1. The look on her face was worth the buck. Girl had no idea what to do with it. She looked around for a manager then finally just put it in her pocket. Poor thing will probably get fired if they find out.

Sometimes when the grocery story is absolutely slammed, my wife will ask the kids at the register/bagging what their favorite candy is, then buy them some to keep their spirits up. That's some thankless work - builds character, of course - and it makes their day. Its nice to see the smiles.

• 1Like

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
Lay the tissue across your mustache, then fold it up over your nose

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Poor Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet got really butthurt over the tipping conversation. Must deliver pizzas for a living.

View attachment 388190
Not even sure which side of the argument he's even supposed to be on, seems to be doing that to everyone.

I'm not against tipping, rather were it feasible to be able to Tip and be Tipped for every type of service it would be good. A commission In theory aligns with the natural law of competition, which is more core, than even Capitalism itself. It should be a motivator for better service.

I want people to tip me every time they call one of my services, or one of my developer's services, and it does what its "supposed" to do

I am against the notion that tipping should exist because "Its the only way for XXXX to make $$$$$"

The logic being, its the only way for an under performer to make more despite being an underperformer.

Why?

Tipping isn't salvation or charity, it's meant as indicator of quality of performance. Better performance = better tip.

Not oh, "I need to make as much money as XXXX because I have YYYYY responsibility"

Yes, circumstances are varied, and YYYY may not have been their fault, but neither is it the responsibility of a random patron to donate to their personal charity, every time they patronize a restaurant

If they do a good job, then yeah, a decent tip.

If they don't then, less or no tip.

• 2Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Not even sure which side of the argument he's even supposed to be on, seems to be doing that to everyone.

I'm not against tipping, rather were it feasible to be able to Tip and be Tipped for every type of service it would be good. A commission In theory aligns with the natural law of competition, which is more core, than even Capitalism itself. It should be a motivator for better service.

I want people to tip me every time they call one of my services, or one of my developer's services, and it does what its "supposed" to do

I am against the notion that tipping should exist because "Its the only way for XXXX to make $$$$$"

The logic being, its the only way for an under performer to make more despite being an underperformer.

Why?

Tipping isn't salvation or charity, it's meant as indicator of quality of performance. Better performance = better tip.

Not oh, "I need to make as much money as XXXX because I have YYYYY responsibility"

Yes, circumstances are varied, and YYYY may not have been their fault, but neither is it the responsibility of a random patron to donate to their personal charity, every time they patronize a restaurant

If they do a good job, then yeah, a decent tip.

If they don't then, less or no tip.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

whoo

<Silver Donator>
Why don't you just keep giving them $20?

This was my first reaction, too. But I also don't want to punish these poor ladies who are frequently single moms or otherwise less financially stable than I am. It's not their fault, necessarily, that goverments mandated hair salons had to close for a year. They are lucky they still have a job. The franchise owner didn't do this either. Im glad he didn't have to close the dozen or so franchise locations he owns permanently. Many small businesses near me have closed permanently. Yet, those responsible flourish while average people take yet another body blow.

I always got wide eyes and a big smile and it was nice knowing that I was spreading some love around in a small way. I live in the country, in a relatively poor but naturally beautiful county. If they get tips at all they are happy, and $1-3 is the norm.

I'm more sad and angry that the current state of society could have been mostly avoided. Your average lunchbucket "joe" has been beaten into apathy, though.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
This was my first reaction, too. But I also don't want to punish these poor ladies who are frequently single moms or otherwise less financially stable than I am. It's not their fault, necessarily, that goverments mandated hair salons had to close for a year. They are lucky they still have a job. The franchise owner didn't do this either. Im glad he didn't have to close the dozen or so franchise locations he owns permanently. Many small businesses near me have closed permanently. Yet, those responsible flourish while average people take yet another body blow.

I always got wide eyes and a big smile and it was nice knowing that I was spreading some love around in a small way. I live in the country, in a relatively poor but naturally beautiful county. If they get tips at all they are happy, and $1-3 is the norm.

I'm more sad and angry that the current state of society could have been mostly avoided. Your average lunchbucket "joe" has been beaten into apathy, though.

da fuq? You're hurting them more by not going at all. What kind of retard logic is this?

whoo

<Silver Donator>
da fuq? You're hurting them more by not going at all. What kind of retard logic is this?
I'm not trying to make an argument. The world is not black or white, Hoss. I'll do it once in a while. Other times ill skip.

You've been arguing on the internet too long. Not every conversation needs a winner. If you want to win this one its all yours :)

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
When i asked what kind of retard logic you were using, I did not expect an explanation.

Well played?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity