Whats rustling your jimmies?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have several people at my work that go by their legal middle name instead of their first name. If I know that and go out of my way to address them by their first name I’m just being a dick for no reason.

I identify as Lord Emperor and if you don't refer to me as such you're committing a literal hate crime

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have several people at my work that go by their legal middle name instead of their first name. If I know that and go out of my way to address them by their first name I’m just being a dick for no reason.
A bank teller once told me I was pronouncing my last name wrong. She was adamant about it and was about 5 seconds away from a knuckle sandwich.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bank teller once told me I was pronouncing my last name wrong. She was adamant about it and was about 5 seconds away from a knuckle sandwich.
I had a client tell me the area code I was calling from was from a Minneapolis zip code and would not believe that it was from Nashville despite me never having been to Minneapolis and buying the phone in Nashville. Some people are fucking stupid.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have a relatively common first name that has 2 main ways to spell it. My way, which is historically correct for hundreds of years, and a faggot way that retards spell it. Not my name but imagine for a moment "John" vs "jon" or "Mark" vs "marc"

Now my name is mispelled by retards often, in emails, on forms, whatever. When i tell someone my name and they write it down, about half the time they spell it incorrectly. Since its somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, i usually spell it out for them as they are writing and even then, they still mispell it. Then act shocked like "oh you said..." yes bitch, fucking listen next time. If someone is spelling something out for you it means they judge you to be too retarded to handle it on your own, so fucking pay attention. Even people who reply to my email, who can clearly read the name, will mispell it when they address me in email.

But whatever. Its an easy way to instantly identify idiots.

So im at the dmv yesterday updating my tag. Lady requires 2 forms of ID and my car title. She holds in her hands 3 separate pieces of identifying paperwork with my name spelled out prominently, and she still mispells my name on the form she hands me to sign. Then she huffs and puffs about having to "redo" the form likes its my fucking fault that you can't read?

Bitch I have a super common american name, you're the dumbass who trying to spell it by memory or how it sounds you dumb fuck. If you can't handle "John" how the fuck do you deal with all the shaniquas and durka durkas you deal with on a daily basis? No fucking wonder you work at the dmv.

Edit: this was a little old white lady. I realize thats why it rustles me. If it were a shaniqua i would expect her to be retarded and not understand why it was her fault she had to redo the paperwork, she fucked up.
I have a similar issue, and for the most part I just let it slide. The one that gets me the most, however, is my boss' wife. She's from Ecuador and half the time I can't understand a word she's fucking saying, but she's super sweet and nice and I have interacted with her countless times over the past 20+ years. We've gone as a group to countless movies/dinners/drinks over the years, so this isn't some lady I barely know. I've told her how to spell my name countless times, her husband knows exactly how to spell it (obviously), and yet any time she texts me about something (usually when my cats or theirs are sick) she spells it completely wrong. Which is double weird because most people don't type the name of the person they are texting since both parties know who they're talking to, but maybe it is the Ecuadoran in her or something. Once when we were out having dinner I almost made her give me her phone so I could check how it was spelled there and fix it if necessary, but then I realized she might not be able to find my name in order to text me if it isn't spelled the way she thinks it should be.

Goatface

my mom found out in her 50's, that officially her name was spelled with a L instead of an i. it changed the pronunciation and she didn't tell me till i asked why one of my little cousins was using the other name. strange thing, they changed everything for her for free, but if she wanted to keep the i, would had to pay.

probably posted this some where here before, but i always find it funny. my dad's official name on his birth certificate is "familyname" boy #3. he was born at home, doctor checked on them, they had not settled on a name, so he put that as a place holder. they had so long to change it, but didn't, so that is what got submitted.

another side story, when i was young, that doctor was still practicing. his office was in his house. don't mean he converted a house to an office, but during the day it was an office and night his house. the waiting room was his living room, dining room is where his helper was and the exam room might have been a big pantry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Didn't you change your name recently, Vvoid? Maybe this is partly your fault.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished my "trainings" at work. TIL...

If BILLY wants to be recognized as HER. And corrects me on it. I must recognize HIM as HER. I can be taken to HR for harassment by continuing to call HIM fuckin HIM.

HTF does that even make sense?

Never interact with that walking, talking mistake again?

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I identify as Lord Emperor and if you don't refer to me as such you're committing a literal hate crime

I was thinking more along the lines of identifying as an A10 warthog and my pronouns are BRRRRRRRRRRRP and cunt. If you don't have the correct number of Rs or abbreviate either in any way you are committing a literal hate crime.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Took a nap. Woke up. Bent over to get socks and a ton of clear liquid dumped out of my nose. CSF leak...cerebrospinal fluid. Essentially brain juice was leaking out of my nose. Rather alarming but also kind of funny.

No, you can't have my stuff.

giphy-2187445512.gif

• 5WTF
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 6 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Left side of my head stopped hurting, now the left side of my neck hurts.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Left side of my head stopped hurting, not the left side of my neck hurts.

I guess it's going to work it's way down. Enjoy it while you can. It's gunna get real weird when it gets to your left nut.

Dashkett

Trakanon Raider
Left side of my head stopped hurting, not the left side of my neck hurts.
I have had a deep ear infection work pain upwards to my temple and down that side of my neck before. Might be if the back end of your jaw also hurts a bit right under the ear lobe. I'm no doc, just anectdotal.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Hovering over the Skip Ad icon, watching it count down to only have there be another ad behind it.
2. When you're oh so close to getting in the turn lane but the vehicle in front of you isn't far up enough for you to get by despite a sizeable distance in front of their own vehicle.

• 1Like

Goatface

apparently a 20 mile stretch of 4 lane highway, reduced to 2 lanes and 45mph doesn't count to be listed as a construction zone. also went through 15 miles of completed 6 lane highway limited to 40mph.

Goatface

my area uses only facebook marketplace. have to go through dozens of "local" listing
1666623669957.png

hope no one tells them not to use the same photo in every post