Wheel of Time series

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
they all used the same fucking description. “He can be led but if you try to push him he will dig in his heels” or something like that

Right, and as if that were a bad thing. No one with a spine likes to be told what to do.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked this up as a banner to wave. The whole series is about powerful wymen bringing men to heel and the men just saying "well, I guess.". I mean, Rand spends the majority of a few books in a fucking box.

And then he blows up the box, kills a few and enslaves the rest (more or less). Just sayin' it wasn't really a good example of what you're saying.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
And then he blows up the box, kills a few and enslaves the rest (more or less). Just sayin' it wasn't really a good example of what you're saying.

They enslaved the most powerful being in the world for a significant period of time and your hand-waving of "enslaved (more or less)" is weird. He did no such thing. He killed the worst offenders and made the rest of them promise they would stop being evil assholes. In fact, the overwhelming message of the books on that note was that women were perfectly capable and just as capable as men, but they needed to chill out and not label every powerful man as evil and not trust every powerful woman had their best intent in mind.

In any case, just because it didn't turn out fantastic for all of the women doesn't mean much. That particular part of the books is nothing but powerful women doing world changing stuff. The idea that the series isn't chocked full of examples of strong women is stupid.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You’d think that, but actually, no

Holy shit is that a terrible article. Women ruling that world for hundreds of years while any man who gains access to 'the one power' goes mad is definitely sexist though. I guess those who can't write... throw shit at the wall and hope other simpletons will support their patreon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
If Brie Larson, and Kristen Stewart are not cast as Aes Sedai, this movie will fail.

• 2Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised SJWs haven't picked this up as a banner to wave. The whole series is about powerful wymen bringing men to heel and the men just saying "well, I guess.". I mean, Rand spends the majority of a few books in a fucking box.
You think they haven't? Wait til we see the netflix series that will make Rand a side character.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol yeah if they are trying to shoehorn Moiraine as the main character this is going to suck a bag of dicks. Ffs she’s not even in like half the books, and even when she was she was always a guiding advisor character

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Harriet McDougal is involved so, of course, it's going to fucking suck. She was the main person from book 6+ who convinced Robert what direction everything should go. You can read between the lines of what Brandon says about the direction of the book series when he took over. He had to fight her the entire way to at least write some stuff on his own about it.

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
This series can go fuck itself. Do -not- read it. You will be disappoint.

Except for the first three or so books. Those are really great. Then you should pretend all the characters succeeded/died in whatever way you want the ending to look like. After that the fact that he's being paid by the word is stunningly boringly obvious. Characters can barely walk across a street in a chapter without swishing their skirts, playing with their braids ad infinitum. So crap.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Lol yeah if they are trying to shoehorn Moiraine as the main character this is going to suck a bag of dicks. Ffs she’s not even in like half the books, and even when she was she was always a guiding advisor character

Might not be the case. I mean GoT cast Sean Bean as Neddard and he kicked the bucket the first season. There's hope...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Might not be the case. I mean GoT cast Sean Bean as Neddard and he kicked the bucket the first season. There's hope...
Oh, I don’t have anything against the casting. It’s this that is worrying

IGN can confirm that Rosamund Pike has landed the role of Moiraine Damodred, the character who is being positioned as the lead in this telling of Robert Jordan's iconic fantasy series

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just can't see how they can have Moiraine be the main character unless the first season is mostly "The New Spring". Rand will have to be the MC once they begin "Eye of the World", or the series will make little sense the further it progresses. You certainly cannot have a good season covering "The Great Hunt" if Rand isn't the MC.

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems like she'd be the narrator and not the main character? Moraine could be the main character for Eye for most of it I guess, but that's a stretch.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure the story will be based around her for the most part the first season. Everything should be narrated by Loial's voice since, in essence, he is the one who is writing the story of the Dragon Reborn.

• 3Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally started my full read through, I've only ever made it to book 11 in the past, and I don't think I even finished it at the time. Almost done with The Eye of the World, and already remembering where he starts to go wrong later... The first 5 books have been some of my favorite fantasy ever, hopefully the show isn't dog shit.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Let's all be honest; this show has a 99% chance of being Dresden Files T.V. show and a 1% chance of being GOT.