Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's pretty crazy to think that a woman actually married Michael Jackson.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
1673623285083.png

2023-01-13_08-53-20.png

And so the cover-up begins.

1673619202922.png

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

Damn hard to believe Evels son was 60. Pancreatic cancer.
God pancreatic cancer is brutal.

Years ago, I went to a teaching hospital to get free scanning work done. They ultrasounded my stomach area and said that’s how they check for pancreatic cancer.

After all the scans were done, I suddenly realize and ask the teaching doctor:

“Waitaminit, you mean to tell me pancreatic cancer can be detected by a cheap and easy to use ultrasound scan?”

“Yeah that’s right.”

“So why don’t people have ‘getting an abdominal ultrasound done once a year to early detect pancreatic cancer’ as a thing?”

“Because pancreatic cancer is so aggressive, if you suddenly start developing it, let’s say next week, by the time you came in for your yearly scan, it’s already likely too late.”

• 2Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

what exactly is being covered up?

Nothing. All the morons of the internet think “cardiac arrest” is some rare fucking thing. It literally just means your heart stopped. Everything from drugs to disease to jumping off a building can cause cardiac arrest.

My number one peeve is when media reports “according to the death certificate, he died of cardiac arrest!”. Wow, really? What do all the additional lines under that say?

No medical examiner or coroner just puts down cardiac arrest alone unless they have no idea how the person died

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Years ago, I went to a teaching hospital to get free scanning work done. They ultrasounded my stomach area and said that’s how they check for pancreatic cancer.

“Waitaminit, you mean to tell me pancreatic cancer can be detected by a cheap and easy to use ultrasound scan?”

“Yeah that’s right.”

“So why don’t people have ‘getting an abdominal ultrasound done once a year to early detect pancreatic cancer’ as a thing?”

“Because pancreatic cancer is so aggressive, if you suddenly start developing it, let’s say next week, by the time you came in for your yearly scan, it’s already likely too late.”

One of my uncles had pancreatic cancer found extremely early when they were looking for something else. The prognosis very good compared to the vast majority of pancreatic cancer cases.

He was dead in under 2 years.

• 3Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One of my uncles had pancreatic cancer found extremely early when they were looking for something else. The prognosis very good compared to the vast majority of pancreatic cancer cases.

And somehow RBG survived it like 4 times.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Dead from the treatment, not the cancer.

• 2Picard
  • 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
And somehow RBG survived it like 4 times.

Crappy, imprecise language by journalists most likely. She had colon cancer once and “4 bouts” of pancreatic cancer, but it was likely just a single pancreatic cancer that was detected under four episodes of care (they treated the primary tumors, thought they got rid of it all, and a tiny handful of cancer cells escaped and lived to come back another day.)

PanCan is also not a single disease; there are multiple subtypes. Pancreatic adenocarcinoma (the aggressive one with a horrid prognosis) is by far the most common, but there are other, rarer varieties with better outcomes like PanNETs (pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors).

Steve Jobs reportedly had a PanNET, but he decided to go hippy on it until he had advanced disease, and by then it was too late.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator

“Yeah that’s right.”

One of my Dad’s golfing buddies got diagnosed pretty early on and he was still dead within a year. It just tore through him even with the treatment.

• 1Rustled