Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Dead from the treatment, not the cancer.
Married With Children Wow GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
For some definition of the word right, maybe.
Right as in correct.

"The National Cancer Institute (NCI, a branch of the NIH) has spent roughly $90 billion on research and treatment since 1971."

That's just one cancer researcher. The total amount thrown towards cancer "research" is probably close to a trillion dollars.

"Undergoing chemotherapy is not to be taken lightly. Even though many people are aware of the terrible side effects, such as nausea, weakness and loss of hair, how many really understand that the drugs used for chemotherapy are toxins, deadly poisons that kill all your cells, not just cancer? According to one doctor regarding my mother's case, it is not uncommon for patients to die from chemotherapy. I wonder why people are not aware of this fact? We certainly were not, and even after the doctor conceded to us that the chemotherapy had killed my mother, he still tried to downplay what happened by saying, "The cancer was so advanced, your mother would not have lived long anyway."

Of course, only God knows how long one has to live. The point is, chemotherapy killed my mother. I hope that by telling her story, people will be made aware of how lethal chemotherapy is."

So while most of the NPC zombies that populate this world say "fuck cancer" I say fuck cancer treatments.

• 1Moron

joz123

Potato del Grande
Right as in correct.

"The National Cancer Institute (NCI, a branch of the NIH) has spent roughly $90 billion on research and treatment since 1971."

That's just one cancer researcher. The total amount thrown towards cancer "research" is probably close to a trillion dollars.

"Undergoing chemotherapy is not to be taken lightly. Even though many people are aware of the terrible side effects, such as nausea, weakness and loss of hair, how many really understand that the drugs used for chemotherapy are toxins, deadly poisons that kill all your cells, not just cancer? According to one doctor regarding my mother's case, it is not uncommon for patients to die from chemotherapy. I wonder why people are not aware of this fact? We certainly were not, and even after the doctor conceded to us that the chemotherapy had killed my mother, he still tried to downplay what happened by saying, "The cancer was so advanced, your mother would not have lived long anyway."

Of course, only God knows how long one has to live. The point is, chemotherapy killed my mother. I hope that by telling her story, people will be made aware of how lethal chemotherapy is."

So while most of the NPC zombies that populate this world say "fuck cancer" I say fuck cancer treatments.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It won't help but you will never get close enough to someone to tell them how cooky you are.

Goatface

'The Wire' Al Brown Dead at 83

Al Brown -- famous from "The Wire" -- has died ... this according to his loved ones.

The actor's daughter, Jenny, tells TMZ ... Al passed away Friday in Las Vegas as a result of his Alzheimer's battle. She tells us that before he got into acting in the '90s, he was a 29-year-old Air Force vet who served two tours in Vietnam ... so he served honorably.

Jenny also says Al loved fans of his and was happy to stop and chat with anyone who might've recognized him from the show over the years -- noting, he loved his job.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know ANYONE who doesn't know that chemotherapy is dangerous. this isn't some "they live" moment where you finally found the sunglasses that let you see the truth. EVERYONE knows what chemotherapy is and does.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i don't know ANYONE who doesn't know that chemotherapy is dangerous. this isn't some "they live" moment where you finally found the sunglasses that let you see the truth. EVERYONE knows what chemotherapy is and does.
What or who is this a reference too

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
i don't know ANYONE who doesn't know that Lumi is crazy. This isn't some "They Live" moment where you finally found the sunglasses that let you see the truth. EVERYONE knows who Lumi is and what he thinks

He plays games well though.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
And yet people deny the fact that often times it's the chemo killing the person, not the cancer. Any time you hear about someone who has cancer and they died within a year or two of starting treatment, it was 99 times out of 100 the treatment that killed them and had they not been treated at all would have almost certainly lived longer and significantly more comfortably.

• 1OK, Sure

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Incorrect. The cancer is going to 100% kill you. Usually agonizingly if you let it run unchecked. Chemo is a poison, but one which will kill the cancer. The choice is 100% death or a possible hope for life. That's why people will usually go for chemo. Cancer is also not a uniformly expressed disease. Depending on type, stage, and location there are other treatment options available. Personally I would take surgery over chemo if at all possible.

Likewise chemo is also not a uniform treatment. There are various types, and dosage also varies.

Big C sucks giant floppy donkey dick. Do what you want to do if you get it. I will go with science instead of garlic. Though I do enjoy italian food.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anecdotal evidence. My uncle had a nodule found on his colon, it was cancer. Early detection. They cut it out and did two rounds of chemo. He is now cancer free and doing great a year later.

Like everything, blanket states of "all bad" or all good" generally dont work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Incorrect. The cancer is going to 100% kill you. Usually agonizingly if you let it run unchecked. Chemo is a poison, but one which will kill the cancer. The choice is 100% death or a possible hope for life. That's why people will usually go for chemo. Cancer is also not a uniformly expressed disease. Depending on type, stage, and location there are other treatment options available. Personally I would take surgery over chemo if at all possible.

Likewise chemo is also not a uniform treatment. There are various types, and dosage also varies.

Big C sucks giant floppy donkey dick. Do what you want to do if you get it. I will go with science instead of garlic. Though I do enjoy italian food.
What your stupid ass doesn't get is that the same science they're using for covid is the same science they use for cancer. If you think that's science then you're a retard plain and simple. You have to be an absolute fucking braindead NPC to think it is logical to treat a disease using a treatment that can literally cause the very disease you're trying to cure.

"chemotherapy (chemo) drugs have been linked with different kinds of second cancers. The cancers most often linked to chemo are myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)."

Ya, nice "science" you dumb fucks. This world is so utterly fucking hopeless lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf