Who died? (Celebrity Deaths)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Jason Isbell was fired from the Drive By Truckers for that as well. Even in a wild, hard drinking band, some dudes manage to take it to another level.
Yeah its one thing to be a drunk, but another to be a drunken ass hole. We all know the type.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah its one thing to be a drunk, but another to be a drunken ass hole. We all know the type.
it wasnt being an asshole. it was being too drunk to make gigs or play during them. it was Mustaine kicking the metallica guys asses when he was trashed. they dumped him and moved on.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Bummer. Says brief illness. Wonder what it was.

Grew up watching him on Homicide which as someone living in the suburbs of Baltimore kind of was a hometown favorite.
The opening to to that show, scared me as a kid, very fucking bleak

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Mustaine is the superior guitarist and song writer
denzel washington GIF

I thank my lucky stars that they kicked him out. I got a combined 50'ish years of great music out of both bands because of it.

(10 from Metallica, 40 from Megadeth)

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Aside from spearheading the Napster lawsuit that destroyed whatever reputation the band had left, or driving Newsted out of the band.
Umm. No. Jason was big into side projects and was really heavy into one called hello brain or something-brain as I recall. The band felt he needed to focus on Metallica.

I was a big fan of Newstead and wasn't pleased when they replaced him with Trujillo. But trying to say Kirk pushed him out ain't accurate. The whole reason Kirk fits is he happily lets Lars and James make all the decisions.

Goatface

does kirt own a part of the band?
jason's writing credits, 1 on justice, metallica and reload, 0 on load. always thought he was just a hired gun and treated as such.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
does kirt own a part of the band?
jason's writing credits, 1 on justice, metallica and reload, 0 on load. always thought he was just a hired gun and treated as such.
Yeah the 'oh they felt he needed to focus on Metallica' thing is complete bullshit. They've openly admitted they walled him out and treated him like shit because he wasn't Cliff, it's actually kind of a surprise he stuck around as long as he did. Who knows how things would have gone if they'd taken the time to properly mourn their friend instead of replacing him a month after his death.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah the 'oh they felt he needed to focus on Metallica' thing is complete bullshit. They've openly admitted they walled him out and treated him like shit because he wasn't Cliff, it's actually kind of a surprise he stuck around as long as he did. Who knows how things would have gone if they'd taken the time to properly mourn their friend instead of replacing him a month after his death.
Goddammit, Gavin. You made me listen to Orion again!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As far as I know, this is completely true. That's also the reason why the bass tracks on ...And Justice For All are turned all the way down.

I have to imagine that Newstead was just too star-struck and happy to be earning more than peanuts (Flotsam & Jetsam didn't pay that well, I would assume) that he let that slide and didn't just tell them to fuck off immediately after hearing the album and his contribution to it essentially removed.

Once again, thanking Baby Jesus for allowing Megadeth to exist instead of Mustaine wasting his time fighting with the Ambiguously Gay Duo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as I know, this is completely true. That's also the reason why the bass tracks on ...And Justice For All are turned all the way down.
Why the dramatic pause before the album name? Weirdo

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It's normal coroner/medical examiner speak - they usually try to account for all major factors that they believe contributed to the death.