Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Probably, but there's always hope. I think GW2 sucked shit after a month because they focused so much on RvR they kind of forgot the rest of the game, and people get bored of zerg base trading after a while.
I think GW2 just had a lot of issues, but for me the WvW was crap. You know it's bad when you are playing and wishing you were back in Warhammer Online.

Also fuck Carbine for not giving me an invite yet!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought Draegan was supposed to liquor up one of their devs and get us all in.
I think we need to get him some knee pads so he can get down to work.
biggrin.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched those 2 path videos, I just can't hep but laugh and enjoy their Style, Humor and design.

Would love to see if this game had a tutorial that was like that first video, and you are sitting in class and then have hands on VR training before landing on the planet.

I may actually do fishing if there is even a hint of truth to this:
"Toontown/animal crossing both had good fishing too IMO.Remember tho we are Wildstar so likely you'll be tossing explosives into the water to blow things up or something equally offbeat...unless you're used to getting eaten by mining nodes in other games, we usually have our own spin on it."

Taken from Q&A on mmorpg.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I'm glad they're doing something other than, "Go to A to collect X, then go to B to combine into Y." Fuck that. It's a game, make me play the game for my crafting.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been reading that the stress test is like 15k people? Surprised to not be seeing more people around here posting about getting in.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So since they are stress testing the servers a release date should be announced soon?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been reading that the stress test is like 15k people? Surprised to not be seeing more people around here posting about getting in.
Probably because they picked from the pool that including the fuck ton of people that signed up within the last month or two. RNG fucks you in games and from getting into beta. Yes i'm mad!
mad.png

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Probably because they picked from the pool that including the fuck ton of people that signed up within the last month or two. RNG fucks you in games and from getting into beta. Yes i'm mad!
mad.png
I signed up in December and got in. Thank you RGN!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always end up having to "borrow" a account once someone is done with it, I think the only game I got lucky was the last FF and got in early alpha and of course it was so horrid I quit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They just said on a stream that they are going to see how many people register by tomorrow and send out more keys as needed.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm glad they're doing something other than, "Go to A to collect X, then go to B to combine into Y." Fuck that. It's a game, make me play the game for my crafting.
With as popular as mini-games have become on things like Facebook and the iPhone, it's always surprised me that no one has attempted something similar for crafting - just a little mini-game to determine whether or not you're successful and the quality of your item. Even better was if they made it so you could play it on a mobile device. Log in on your PC and farm the stuff you need, then craft while you're on the can.

eek_sl

shitlord
With as popular as mini-games have become on things like Facebook and the iPhone, it's always surprised me that no one has attempted something similar for crafting - just a little mini-game to determine whether or not you're successful and the quality of your item. Even better was if they made it so you could play it on a mobile device. Log in on your PC and farm the stuff you need, then craft while you're on the can.
I have a feeling the segment of the population that doesn't have smartphones will raise a stink about it. Lotsa whiney people in this world. Good idea though.