Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Scooter_sl

shitlord
So you enjoyed it? Does it have persistent results? Are the rewards worth the effort?
We're not at a point where we're playing it regularly for fun and rewards; that's basically the last step of development that comes in at the very end. I will say that everything they've shown me so far has gotten me very excited to watch the pro PvP guilds battle each other, adjust strategies, and mostly just explore and learn this new type of gameplay.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
...it's definitely THE ultimate endgame for PvP. (In addition toarenasandbattlegroundsof course.)
When people say stuff like this, it falls almost as flat as a hype video for bowling with bumpers...

"Mc-MMO, now withULTIMATEinstanced content! /cheer"

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having just seen the new version this past week, I can elaborate a little. Warplots are basically a giant base/fortress that utilizes the same tech we have for housing. Normally it floats in the sky (Instanced, like your house). You and your "Warparty" (which can be a totally different group of people than your guild) can go in and edit which defenses it has; this can be anything from preset plugs to freeformly placed traps like mines and controllable turrets.

Once setup is done you can queue for a match. You and another team's warplot will be brought to a static map and the fight begins. I can't go into details about how the fights play out yet, but there are a few win conditions and a lot of variation on how to attack the other team. You could fight on your own, for example, or you could camp out in your base and summon waves of robots, helicopters, and chompacabras.

Actual details will be shared early next year, but it's definitely THE ultimate endgame for PvP. (In addition to arenas and battlegrounds of course.)
Thanks for your answer. I have a question about 20man / 40man raids : could we expect aflexible raidsfeature (where the instance adapt its content to the number of players in it) like the one released in WoW's latest patch ? Managing a 40man raid has proven to be quite challenging and tiresome (structure and organization) and could discourage most players / guilds. In my opinion flexible raids could overcome this concern.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for your answer. I have a question about 20man / 40man raids : could we expect aflexible raidsfeature (where the instance adapt its content to the number of players in it) like the one released in WoW's latest patch ? Managing a 40man raid has proven to be quite challenging and tiresome (structure and organization) and could discourage most players / guilds. In my opinion flexible raids could overcome this concern.
That doesn't necessarily need to be implemented, the scaling. Just don't tune the raids so tightly you need 40 people properly geared at their absolute peak to do it. EQ raids were designed with 72 in mind, but 50-60 people that were a little better geared and that knew how to stretch every drop of everything could do it. All you have to do is make 40 max, but tune it doable with 30-35 solid, well played people who have made intelligent gear/spec decisions.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Don't make raids that need 30+ people in the first place. Herding cats is so fucking aggravating. I don't want to see more than 20 people in a raid anymore, unless it's some kind of open-world thing. The MMO crowd has grown up too much to allow for 25 or more neckbeards to coordinate schedules.

And the younger crowd are too #yoloswag to figure it out anyways.

DMK_sl

shitlord
We're not at a point where we're playing it regularly for fun and rewards; that's basically the last step of development that comes in at the very end. I will say that everything they've shown me so far has gotten me very excited to watch the pro PvP guilds battle each other, adjust strategies, and mostly just explore and learn this new type of gameplay.
Cool thanks for the info.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Don't make raids that need 30+ people in the first place. Herding cats is so fucking aggravating. I don't want to see more than 20 people in a raid anymore, unless it's some kind of open-world thing. The MMO crowd has grown up too much to allow for 25 or more neckbeards to coordinate schedules.

And the younger crowd are too #yoloswag to figure it out anyways.
I like the open world thing. I want huge server raids not on set set schedules. I do not want huge instanced combat raids, though. I like 10 man ones. I think Blizz has the right idea there.

More Planetside 1 bridge battles. Less long static spawns.

Scooter_sl

shitlord
As of right now, all our raids are one-size-only, so scaling wouldn't be immediately possible for us. Who knows what that means down the line though.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As of right now, all our raids are one-size-only, so scaling wouldn't be immediately possible for us. Who knows what that means down the line though.
Again, thank you. Now that we've established mutual confidence, exclusive trust and maybe love interest, let's ask questions you probably can't answer : When is CBT4 and will there be CBT wave invites ?

Scooter_sl

shitlord
Again, thank you. Now that we've established mutual confidence, exclusive trust and maybe love interest, let's ask questions you probably can't answer : When is CBT4 and will there be CBT wave invites ?
Before the end of the year, and yes, we'll be starting up regular waves of invites (as opposed to our previous schedule which had us sending out one wave per phase).

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Class info will be dropping soon. You won't have to deal with the burden of information for long.

Also hi everyone. Longtime lurker, first-time poster, aka "David Bass, Legendary Asshole." I tend to hang around most of the WildStar "megathreads" around the web (Rerolled, Penny Arcade, Something Awful) because it's so much easier to track discussions of the game that way. I'll mostly stay out of the way to just listen to the conversation here, but if there's ever any confusion or misconceptions, I'm happy to clear stuff up.
Glad to have ya posting Dave, love your game so far.
smile.png

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Random question for Scooter: do you track APM, and if so, what is the average player's while fighting in Wildstar?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
With not knowing dash and jump/double jumper timers and heavy movement required, my math fails me, good sir.