Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Stress test is really all that I am looking for as well. Seeing the Medic and Engineer in action on the Livestreams makes me want to give this a whirl now.

Edit: I may or may not have one of many things that I may or may not have inquired about, or made allusions to, or indicated that I wanted or needed. I may or may not be exceedingly grateful, appreciative, and/or overjoyed at may or maybe not having receiving, acquired, or come into the possession of through overt or covert means, any of the things covered by the previous sentence. If such an event, which may or may not have occurred, had or had not transpired, I would want to thank any such individual, group, or act of nature that may or may not have resulted in any of the many things for which I had or might had desired openly or subconsciously, without deliberate action, asked for on these or any other forums.

NOTE: I am not attesting to or against any of the activities or actions mentioned in the preceding paragraph.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Friend of mine got in. Gonna let me give it a whirl today. He said the tutorial area was kind of meh, but it starts to pick up some when you get to Nexus.

Also read on reddit that there will be 17 raids at launch? Wow.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The only way I can consider that plausible without blowing out any other launch is it means 17 raid mobs, like two zones with 7 each and three outdoor solos. Entry level raid mobs arent gonna be that complicated so it's easy to bulk up the boss count in something like Molten Core with some fights that teach the basics.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The only way I can consider that plausible without blowing out any other launch is it means 17 raid mobs, like two zones with 7 each and three outdoor solos. Entry level raid mobs arent gonna be that complicated so it's easy to bulk up the boss count in something like Molten Core with some fights that teach the basics.
Sneak Peak Raids - Datascape und Genetic Archives: Bisher bekannte Bosse

WildStar Fans: Introducing "The Datascape" a WildStar Eldergame Raid

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
Apart from a month or so maxing out in GW (more of the same), haven't touched an MMO since 2008 (WoW), so serious question here from people that have played it. What specifically makes this game better than WoW and GW2? What makes this a new experience worth spending time on?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Apart from a month or so maxing out in GW (more of the same), haven't touched an MMO since 2008 (WoW), so serious question here from people that have played it. What specifically makes this game better than WoW and GW2? What makes this a new experience worth spending time on?
Its not better, its more of the same. But now with housing. More hype buildup for the ultimate disappointment.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Pros:
Fantastic art and beautifully built world. Though if you hate cartoon graphics this might be a con.
Well written.
Combat system is more twitchy that a typical tab target system. You have to aim stuff which is good. Makes the gameplay more enjoyable.
40 Man Raids with a single level of difficulty.
Housing

Cons:
This might be just my opinion, but it's a completely treadmill quest driven system. If you don't mind quest driven content where there is essentially a single path through a zone then rock on. I'm done with that sort of gameplay. I don't have any interest in themepark games anymore. Especially once 90% of the world is useless once you hit max level.

Class system is pretty generic in my opinion. It might shine whenever they finish up their build system though. So that's not done and may become a pro. The classes are essentially just build up combo points or filling up/depleting a rage bar.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
You forgot warplots and Arena Draegan. For those of us that like pvp this is a huge selling point.