Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Met my first proper dungeon leet kid just now. Told tank he was talking too much before pulls and called him a noob, proceeds to run around pulling aoe packs causing wipes, not getting out of aoe and just generally being a fucktard. Oh pugs Ive missed you.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, are there any videos out that explain things like the amp, tradeskills, etc, systems? Kind of don't know shit about them at the moment.
Dunno about videos but the Ampfinder addon someone posted a few pages back is great. Tells you were to get them from. The first tier you just put points into whatever you're specced for, then the second tier you need to find through quests/drops/vendors/ah (the addon tells you where to go to find a certain amp, or you open it up in each new area and it tells you if any amps are available from vendors or from quests).

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Met my first proper dungeon leet kid just now. Told tank he was talking too much before pulls and called him a noob, proceeds to run around pulling aoe packs causing wipes, not getting out of aoe and just generally being a fucktard. Oh pugs Ive missed you.
Was he a Stalker?!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did the first little solo instance on the meteor, and I enjoyed it alot. Really opened my eyes to how fun dungeons/raids could be with this combat system.

I was like level 10 when I went in there (with recommended level being 12-16), so there really was no room for error when it came to dodging the telegraphs. Died once or twice, but had a blast killing alien babies.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Can i bother anyone for a guest pass? need to see if i can run it on this laptop before i commit

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd like to try it out and see how it runs too, before I buy, if anyone else has a spare guest pass.
Thanks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Didn't play much in beta, but this mission in Deradune where you have to go to space and go through this like pitch black mine with a flashlight helmet is fucking awesome. It makes me want to watch Prometheus lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't play much in beta, but this mission in Deradune where you have to go to space and go through this like pitch black mine with a flashlight helmet is fucking awesome. It makes me want to watch Prometheus lol.
Yeah these are fun, there's a whole area on the moon zone that is like that, pitch dark with just your helmet light. Also happens to be on the light gravity zone, so makes it even more fun.

Oldbased

> Than U
Add me for a guest pass list, got a few days off this next week and want to test the waters before I swim.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the concept of the Esper, but having so many abilities that require channeling is making the class feel slow and clunky. I know the class is sort of balanced around this, but does the class feel a little more fast-paced at higher levels when you have all your skills unlocked?

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
If you are on the fence about this game, or currently playing and not enjoying it as much; I'd suggest turning off your personal telegraphs and picking up deadeye with the keybind freedom, can make your left button your "spam" button, you can then turn on the hold for continue cast + use button down instead of press twice / etc which really makes combat amazing.

It feels like the best of wow, gw2 and tera.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I work away in the mines during the week. And I'm dying to get back and play. First time in a long time I see myself playing an MMO long term.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
So I just logged right in on Stormtalon a second ago. Did they fix it or did I get really lucky? Everything seemed a little glitchy and took a bit to pop into place (UI, armor, etc.), but I'll take that over waiting in line.

Oldbased

> Than U
So I just logged right in on Stormtalon a second ago. Did they fix it or did I get really lucky? Everything seemed a little glitchy and took a bit to pop into place (UI, armor, etc.), but I'll take that over waiting in line.
Not playing, but I assume late Sunday night. Party is over for most players and back to work weeks.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
RE: Guest passes:

Official Site_sl said:
I Pre-Ordered WildStar from your site but I did not get my 7-day friend passes. How do I get them?

The 3 guest passes with 7 days of playtime do not get delivered until official launch. These guest passes are for the live game, and not guest passes for beta or Head Start, so we want to be sure that no one will try to use them during the wrong time. The guest passes will be delivered via e-mail to the e-mail address that the retail code was registered to.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I work away in the mines during the week. And I'm dying to get back and play. First time in a long time I see myself playing an MMO long term.
How is your ping to the servers and how does it effect the combat?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Finished the weekend at 30. Fantastic overall so far. Only a few quests that made me really feel like they hadn't taken the past design mistakes of other MMOs into consideration: one absurdly long 'tour' (thankfully on a platform and not self-guided) and one 'bombing' quest where the ship didn't return when the quest was complete. Other than that, no real complaints. It's probably because I'm maybe a bit under where I should be for some content at this stage (lol stealth), but a couple of the quest 'boss' mobs have started to become challenging, to the point where I have to come back later or use completely different skill slots to beat them.

I guess my only worry at this point is that somehow the elder game will turn into WoW again and we'll all be just as bored. That said, housing looks very interesting at least. It's not just decorations, but land management for buffs and things... obviously Blizzard knew they couldn't put that feature off forever with Wildstar showing so many polished videos of it all these years, because it strikes me as a broader version of what they've previewed for keeps in WoD.