Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Don't take this the wrong way as an attack but, this is extremely odd coming from you because you're such a huge TESO fan. I don't ever recall you saying you didn't like this style of skill selection during the months you've commented but it couldn't have been more than three if you did.

How is it that in TESO, you don't seem to mind making 'builds' and even praised the game for it's skill loadouts and synergies but in Wildstar... eight isn't enough? /boggle

To your last question, don't worry about failed challenges. Unless you're obsessive-compulsive, Silver is fine for most rewards or just retry the thing later on. I defaulted to if I finish it the first time, I move on. Otherwise you can spend far too much time trying to 'complete' a very small part of the game when the rest is waiting for you. I easily spent 30 minutes on one challenge before I asked myself what the fuck I was doing and moved on. It wasn't fun failing it; just the 'I gotta finish this shit' aspect that kept me there.
You are misinformed. Limiting the player to only using 12 skills at a time when you could learn 40+ was one of the first and primary criticisms I had of TESO. It was obvious that constraint was put in place to support the console version of the game. On the official PTS forums, I even created a thread back in February timeframe asking if the addon API would allow creation of extra action bars for PC players.

Sign In - Elder Scrolls Online

Sign In - Elder Scrolls Online

With that said, while I prefer an action bar setup like in WoW, Rift, SWTOR that allow you to slot every ability you have learned, I can appreciate the strategy behind limiting builds to only 8 abilities for a PVP perspective. IMO one of the best aspects of the original GW1 game was giving each class a gazillion abilities but only allowing you to slot 8 (if my memory is correct). IMO GW1 had the best group instanced PVP of any MMO I have played. Not only did you need to create a personal builds with synergy, your build needed to synergize with everyone else in your group. If that is how PVP in Wildstar will evolve then that will be a good thing.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
What is this "Houston" shit that got downloaded with wildtsar? I don't seem to remember having to uncheck/check anything.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Game still runs like shit. (guest pass to see if they fixed that)

I pull 70-90 fps in ArcheAge, which equates to 15-30 fps in Wildstar.

Caliane

What is this "Houston" shit that got downloaded with wildtsar? I don't seem to remember having to uncheck/check anything.
Game comes with an addon creation tool.

I am not sure if you can uninstall it, or it its needed to actually manage your addons as well.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I saw this floating around on reddit and people mentioned it in game as well. I don't think it's been confirmed, but some seem to get a FPS boost by deleting everything in the %appdata%Roaming/NCSoft/Wildstar folder. It's speculated that there are some remnants from beta that are causing FPS issues. I definitely saw an increase. It doesn't seem to work for everyone but if you were in beta and you're having issues, might as well try it...

Flank_sl

shitlord
I get 40-90 fps at the moment, depending on what is going on. Even with 6 players killing mobs on screen I am getting 40+ fps. I only have a GTX 560.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I saw this floating around on reddit and people mentioned it in game as well. I don't think it's been confirmed, but some seem to get a FPS boost by deleting everything in the %appdata%Roaming/NCSoft/Wildstar folder. It's speculated that there are some remnants from beta that are causing FPS issues. I definitely saw an increase. It doesn't seem to work for everyone but if you were in beta and you're having issues, might as well try it...
FWIW I never played in the beta so installed the game fresh from the discs yesterday. I have an i7 processor, 16mb of RAM and a GTX 560ti video card and I had no framerate problems whatsoever.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If any of you are running on laptops that have integrated intel graphics + an nvidia chip, you may want to make sure the game is actually using your nvidia chip. I had to change my nvidia settings to always use high performance card or w/e for wildstar cuz it doesn't get registered in the nvidia experience thing. I noticed one day when I alt tabbed the intel icon was up and that was causing some issues.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, finally saw some lag last night due to the launch I guess. On Thunderfoot, lag was UO quality from about 10 PM onwards. I hope this gets addressed and soon. I also found my first bugged quest; bummer since the game seem really polished. I submitted a report and will see how long it takes to get rectified.

On a more pleasant note, I did a quest today where you board a blimp and drop handouts and plushies on targeted NPCs in an enemy base. I lmao the whole time. This is one of the few games where I would like to play all 4 starting zone options (2 for exile, 2 for dominion) just for the variety of quests. Such a nice change from just saving another f'king village like ESO. BTW, does anyone know if the starting zone options ultimately merge into the same final common zones?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Oh god I have no clue on this one, probably just head to your leveling area and keep to the edges of the mountains/rocky outcrops. You'll see green waypoint style things on your minmap/map that indicate ore locations. They're pretty spread out so it's best to work them into your leveling.

Profitability in mining is pretty high, my buddy is tier 5 mining and has 200g+ just from ore sales. He's hardcoring the fk out of the game though.
There are some areas in the first Dominion area that have like 100 nodes for Relic Hunters. I haven't found a spot yet miners.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
This has to be one of the smoother launches in MMO history? I got my game yesterday, installed, patched, played after work into the night. Only lagged a little for about 2 minutes around 9:30pm EST.
That's pretty dang good in my book (although I'm not on a high pop server). Has anyone else had a similar experience?

If so, I have to say bravo Carbine studios. I'm starting to like these guys...

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tether's are probably the most powerful CC in game. Really great for fucking Stalkers trying to gank you.

EXP in BG's slows down past the 20's. Best EXP possible is doing quests 1-2 levels above you. If you hover your mouse over mobs it'll tell you the xp bonus awarded due to level difference/difficulty. Same level mobs give like .1%-.2% of a level. Mobs 1-2 levels above you give you between .5%-.9%.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I started a Chua Medic, I really want to play the rock looking guy as a medic but I guess he is Exile and all you fucks are Dominion. If I was still into MMOs I could see myself playing this a shit ton, however I don't know if I have out grown MMOs or I am just sick of the grind or what?

I will enjoy the buddy pass for a few days though, thanks again.

Caliane

even after I uninstall wildstar it wont go? or just while the game is installed
I was suggesting you might be able to uninstall it seperatedly. I assumed it was its own program, that was being installed and the game never asked you if you wanted it to be.
But looking closer, no. Houston is actually part of the wildstar.exe. the start menu link is just "wildstar.exe -houston."