Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Soo. 5 man group quest? Easy Peeze. 3 Enginners 2 stalkers just dps/tank it.

Boss: WHAM ->> dead 95% health left to go

Me: May need some heals....

Them: Can't find any heals. Let's try kiting it?

Proceed to have.... FUN.

Killed that fucker we did.

Edit: Only thing I wish is for some kind of local 10-20m group instant voice chat or something. Would have made coordinating interrupts with random people very fast and easy. I might just have to make a macro and tell every group to cast their interrupt when they see it. "INTERRUPT NOW!"

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ive learned to expect that type of response anytime you ask for help on this forum. -- Good looking out, though. I changed a few of the settings and Im not running into it as often.
It was way way worse on FoH. I recall linking an article about a WoW update that was dated that day, however I was unaware the news had been leaked 48 hours prior. Immediately I got 20 negs most of which called me a "fag or faggot"

Count your blessings this is forum is much more pleasant, less people trying to be Furor.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Daidraco try going into the WS folder and running the Wildstar64.exe. I assume you also updated your NVIDIA drivers? Because if not shame on you.

Costume skills improving..
rrr_img_68430.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Edit: Only thing I wish is for some kind of local 10-20m group instant voice chat or something. Would have made coordinating interrupts with random people very fast and easy. I might just have to make a macro and tell every group to cast their interrupt when they see it. "INTERRUPT NOW!"
MMOs should just copy like the CS and shit voice commands, with prerecorded messages for typical stuff. Interupt, Fall Back, Adds incoming, Adds on me, Using cooldowns, Assist my target, Follow me etc. Just have a couple dozen of common commands, would make pugging shit a lot fucking easier in general, without having to add voice chat support or as a player, having to listen to retards breathing in their mics or chewing on doritos while listening to music. I'm amazed no MMO actually does that shit or that it's like a basic thing, when most of them favor putting random people together for group content via cross server matchmaking shit.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
MMOs should just copy like the CS and shit voice commands, with prerecorded messages for typical stuff. Interupt, Fall Back, Adds incoming, Adds on me, Using cooldowns, Assist my target, Follow me etc. Just have a couple dozen of common commands, would make pugging shit a lot fucking easier in general, without having to add voice chat support or as a player, having to listen to retards breathing in their mics or chewing on doritos while listening to music. I'm amazed no MMO actually does that shit or that it's like a basic thing, when most of them favor putting random people together for group content via cross server matchmaking shit.
Smite has an awesome VGS system.

Voice Guided System - Smite Wiki

rrr_img_68433.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Daidraco try going into the WS folder and running the Wildstar64.exe. I assume you also updated your NVIDIA drivers? Because if not shame on you.
Well gd! I didnt even think about looking for a 64 bit client. Dont know why I thought it would automatically revert to it based on your OS. ++++ I told my buddy this and he had no idea either. Brilliant suggestion! lol

Decided to buy the game a few hours ago and got the code from Green Man Gaming. My NCSoft account wont accept the code and there is even a thread on GMG stating that it has to do with the region lock dealing with the old Beta account. Apparently I have to petition for CS to manually insert the code. Anyone else run into this? Is submitting a ticket the only way to get this to work?

We killed the level 10 guy with 1.3 million hp in Ellevar just a few minutes ago. The guy would send out roots in a straight line and I would simply side strafe but still get hit with the shit because I was experiencing just a small amount of lag. Then of course, you're pelted with a direct damage spell while rooted. Was a cool little fight though, just wish I didnt lag. (Maybe this 64 bit client will be the bees knees and fix a lot of little shit for me!)

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also still have 2 EU guest-keys left. Not throwing them here for the bots to take though. Quick PM if you want one.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This game is really fun. They've done a good job here and I hope they are successful financially.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
This game is really fun. They've done a good job here and I hope they are successful financially.
It's certainly has it flaws: the performance can be quite poor, the low level experience is frustratingly mediocre, and they've had a lot of issues that new MMOs have: queues, annoying bugged quests, etc. With that being said it's easily the most fun MMO that I've played in a very long time.

Some dungeons are exceptionally difficult - likely impossible to PUG (I consider this to be a plus). The adventures are clearly designed to force you into playing differently depending on what occurs and the loot drops are exceptionally well done. There's a ton of armor that has unique effects (I got some quest boots that increase sprint speed and sprint duration by like 30%), weapons have interesting procs (my PVP gun has a stun proc that doesn't get effected be diminishing returns).

I'm having fun in MMOS again. It's a pretty cool feeling.

Edit: I honestly feel like this friend pass thing was a horrible idea. Most people who use friend passes are on the fence of purchasing the game and the low level game is a horrible indication of what makes the game good.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Biggest complaint is the 24 hour cooldown on Ilium teleport. Should be 2 hours, max. 20 minutes on the local teleport is good. The first mount is nearly so slow it's almost not worth using.
It took me till level 25 until I realized I could sprint ^^ - and the mounts can, too. Cut down the travel time considerably. Also all mounts seem to be the same speed?

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
It's certainly has it flaws: the performance can be quite poor, the low level experience is frustratingly mediocre, and they've had a lot of issues that new MMOs have: queues, annoying bugged quests, etc. With that being said it's easily the most fun MMO that I've played in a very long time.

Some dungeons are exceptionally difficult - likely impossible to PUG (I consider this to be a plus). The adventures are clearly designed to force you into playing differently depending on what occurs and the loot drops are exceptionally well done. There's a ton of armor that has unique effects (I got some quest boots that increase sprint speed and sprint duration by like 30%), weapons have interesting procs (my PVP gun has a stun proc that doesn't get effected be diminishing returns).

I'm having fun in MMOS again. It's a pretty cool feeling.

Edit: I honestly feel like this friend pass thing was a horrible idea. Most people who use friend passes are on the fence of purchasing the game and the low level game is a horrible indication of what makes the game good.
Never had performance issues so far. Don't know whats up with that, it's not the first time I heard it.

And I agree with you on all points. I feel kind of like this game out WoWs WoW in a lot of ways. The combat is fun, tradeskills are great, housing is awesome, there are challenges, etc. The humor is great as well. Whatever issues they still have will hopefully be ironed out soon. Can't wait to try out dungeons and what not.

Edit: Only real criticism I have is I don't see many people running around in zones. Someone on the forums said it might be because of phasing. Hopefully the devs look into that, because I do like knowing I'm in a populated world.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Had a half dozen quests bugged so can't be finished lvl 25-35. PITA especially near end of quest chains.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game's challenge, like all wow clones is what's the sentiment two months from now, when the average player is close or at the level cap. This game is the same sort as almost every other type of mmorpg like this. Everyone praises it for a bit (usually during the first 30 days) and then people slowly start dropping out for a variety of reasons. This game is probably more dependant on a guild staying intact to have fun at endgame than most others and I can see people getting disinterested as soon as a couple from the guild start dropping. Nobody plays these games long term any more. It's even worse that this is one of those 'wait till level xx and it gets better' games. What's the average time it takes to hit 20?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
the telegraph mechanic make some fights really difficult if you are on a high latency line (like 150ms+). I noticed when playing on the road over UMTS/LTE on the laptop. Simple trash can be your ultimate doom.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
The game's challenge, like all wow clones is what's the sentiment two months from now, when the average player is close or at the level cap. This game is the same sort as almost every other type of mmorpg like this. Everyone praises it for a bit (usually during the first 30 days) and then people slowly start dropping out for a variety of reasons. This game is probably more dependant on a guild staying intact to have fun at endgame than most others and I can see people getting disinterested as soon as a couple from the guild start dropping. Nobody plays these games long term any more. It's even worse that this is one of those 'wait till level xx and it gets better' games. What's the average time it takes to hit 20?
It's probably going to come down to weather they can pump out raid and group content. A lot of these new MMOs lack raid content at launch. Once you hit max level, there's fuck all to do. Luckily Wildstar does have a raid already, but I hope they're already getting the next ones ready.