Will Smith n Oscar Town

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Guess all you meme people are going to have to create a new folder.

1648522904136.png
1648522921376.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m disappointed that so many of you thought that was real, watch it again ffs.
Still sticking this shit ls staged.

Who gains anything from staging this? It's a major humiliation for the Oscars, for Will and Jada, and for Chris Rock (who at best maybe makes it come out neutral by looking like a professional/bigger man even though he's the butt end of every meme made about this for the next few months)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think chris rock comes out looking pretty good, honestly. yes, he just got slapped on national television and is plastered all over the internet... he took that slap like a champ. in fact, he took that slap so well that it makes will look bad for not punching him instead. you slap a man because you are trying to humiliate them, you are trying to humble them. will slapped him and rock just stands there laughing.

the part that makes rock look bad is the joke itself, which i said last night... if it was staged he would have made that joke PERFECT. he's one of the biggest names in comedy and that joke was just lame. it's the kind of joke that if you and your friends are hanging out and someone says it, they all look at whoever said it and groan.

but other than that, yeah no one comes out in a good light. there is absolutely NO reason to stage this unless it is SPECIFICALLY to make everyone look bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hell it might be the biggest humiliation of all for the Williams sisters, whose huge win on their passion project honoring their father will be forever overshadowed by that slap.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hell it might be the biggest humiliation of all for the Williams sisters, whose huge win on their passion project honoring their father will be forever overshadowed by that slap.
Yeah and in Will's acceptance speech he correlated his actions with their dads who from what I've read never raised a hand to anyone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Why would you stage a slap. Especially receiving one in front of a world audience? I can't see any self respecting person doing this, especially a man. Chris Rock doesn't seem like the type to agree to that.

Neither one will live it down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Neither one will live it down.
What does Chris have to live down, other than that lame joke which barely anyone remembers the next day? He took Smith's weak-ass seventh grade slap on the chin, smiled, and then did the adult thing of finishing his job.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What does Chris have to live down, other than that lame joke which barely anyone remembers the next day? He took Smith's weak-ass seventh grade slap on the chin, smiled, and then did the adult thing of finishing his job.
He has to live down the hundreds of memes people are gonna see of him getting slapped, regardless of how well he handled the actual event

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He got in one little fight over his wife's lack of hair...

• 1Wow!
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users