Windows 11

Xerge

Blackwing Lair Raider
48d 6h 34m
Good lord. I run multi monitors like most and on my main monitor I keep the taskbar on my left side vertically, as i'm a lefty. Honestly i'd settle for being able to swap the clock/tray to the left side even as that's where my eyes are looking for things. So far Display Fusion is functioning on the other monitors at least.

edit: derp moment

Oldbased

> Than U
138d 21h 17m
Now on W11. Not seeing much difference in anything other than the UI for things/taskbar and even then it appears mostly cosmetic. Sure there is some stuff I'll find along the way changed. Only additional thing I had to remove was a LAN setup from MSI I wasn't using anyways in the Dragon console. Things do seem a bit more snappy.
Take that back. I had like 2 issues I could never fix on Windows 10.
One of those was my Your Phone app I could text from PC, see photos, notifications but not make calls from PC through my phone or see contacts. I spent probably 20 hours trying to fix it( wouldn't pair for calls ) over the past few months. Worked with a single click in W11. Yachtzee
Even allows all 3 of my mics work for calling. I like it already until I don't.

Take that back. Fixed my pc sync with my Fitbit Sense too.
So far better.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Bronze Donator>
142d 4h 29m
This was a pretty painless upgrade a couple of days ago. But I had disabled all the telemetry stuff, had to figure out how to enable it, and then since the i7-7700k isn't "supported" had to join the BETA channel and not release. Anyways, went smooth. Honestly other than it looking more bubble-y I see no difference. That's probably the best compliment I could give a Windows upgrade. Still no concept as to why anyone things it is a good idea to make everything so rounded and look like a stupid mobile interface.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
194d 6h 9m
Everything about the UI elements in 11 from the taskbar to the right click menus feels like about 50 steps backwards. What the fuck were they thinking.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Argarth

dizzie

Triggered Happy
89d 15h 18m
Everything about the UI elements in 11 from the taskbar to the right click menus feels like about 50 steps backwards. What the fuck were they thinking.

That right click menu can fuck right off, goddam that shits annoying.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: Denamian

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
74d 15h 19m
Upgraded after building a new PC. It's...not bad. No complaints thus far, except for the extra steps needed to change sound devices.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Gold Donor>
112d 17h 58m
They keep trying to break into the MacFag market and it never works. Is there a classic UI option in W11 or are you stuck with UI Aids?

Also as a support tech, fuck them randomly hiding or deprecating shit I use day to day for troubleshooting. I still fucking rage that they burred advanced System Properties in an odd spot with the 21H1 build of W10. This shit I am seeing for the W11 UI is rage inducing. If I wanted a Mac, I would buy a fucking Mac.

Kirun

<Gold Donor>
They keep trying to break into the MacFag market and it never works. Is there a classic UI option in W11 or are you stuck with UI Aids?

Also as a support tech, fuck them randomly hiding or deprecating shit I use day to day for troubleshooting. I still fucking rage that they burred advanced System Properties in an odd spot with the 21H1 build of W10. This shit I am seeing for the W11 UI is rage inducing. If I wanted a Mac, I would buy a fucking Mac.
They've been doing this shit since Win 8, only to have to walk it back later.

Tidalwave

Trakanon Raider
1d 15h 9m

I have yet to tinker with Windows 11. Did they take the ability to type systempropertiesadvanced in the RUN line away?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Bronze Donator>
142d 4h 29m
I have yet to tinker with Windows 11. Did they take the ability to type systempropertiesadvanced in the RUN line away?

Just checked it still worked:

1634315686623.png