Winter 2013 Anime Thread

Sean_sl

shitlord
First stuff has started airing.

Mangirl! - 5 minutes of blah.
Ai Mai Mi - Another 5 minutes of blah.
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan - One episode of this 5 minute show was all I ever needed to see of it.
Yama no Susume - A sorta decent 5 minutes, but I don't really like 5 minute shows so I probably won't keep watching it.

Real shows:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha- Absolutely fantastic first episode. Pretty hilarious too. This was the show I was by far the most excited for from the previews due to the comparisons to Spice & Wolf. I cannot wait for more of this. Plus, Fukuyama Jun *always* delivers.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Cuticle Detective Inaba- Hilarious, totally fucking random. Funny enough for me to keep watching for the ridiculousness and randomness.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha- Absolutely fantastic first episode. Pretty hilarious too. This was the show I was by far the most excited for from the previews due to the comparisons to Spice & Wolf. I cannot wait for more of this. Plus, Fukuyama Jun *always* delivers.
I liked this one, other than the main character being a stereotypical weak minded idiot.

"We're actually doing you a favor ! If we stopped killing off your excess population, you'd starve to death" is certainly a unique argument ;p

Sean_sl

shitlord
OreShura- Okay, that was actually a pretty awesome take on a romcom. This should be pretty good.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Woo a Fafner sequel comes out this summer. Not too surprising about the sequel given how the recent movie ended though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Lot's more stuff has aired now:

Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke- Long title is really fucking long. I urge people to check this out, it was a very badass opening episode and I enjoyed it a ton. Easily my #2 favorite so far.

Senran Kagura- Super fanservice. Female Ninjas being badass, surprisingly good animation. No flatties.
D.C.III ~Da Capo III~- More Da Capo. Also, dem tits.
Minami-ke Tadaima- More Minami-ke.
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman- This was pretty cool, I love the Lupin III style art and zaniness.
Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun- Pretty cool show. If you like Japanese Fantasy, demons and spirits and stuff, definitely check it out.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke- Long title is really fucking long. I urge people to check this out, it was a very badass opening episode and I enjoyed it a ton. Easily my #2 favorite so far.
First episode was definitely cool but I noticed this was a spin-off. Does anyone know if the original series is worth watching?

Sean_sl

shitlord
First episode was definitely cool but I noticed this was a spin-off. Does anyone know if the original series is worth watching?
I liked ZKC quite a bit, it's worth checking out. Hyoubu Kyousuke is the main antagonist in it. The main characters in it are 3 really young girls, but a lot of it is still in the tone that The Unlimited presents.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Checked out two more shows:

Amnesia- I wasn't really expecting much from this, but it turned out pretty decent. The character designs are pretty striking. The premise of the main character getting amnesia and not actually telling anyone she has it is pretty interesting too.

Love Live!- Waaaaaaaaaay better than expected. Idol shows are a definite guilty pleasure of mine and this looks like it could easily be much better than Idolmaster and AKB0048.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Love Live!- Waaaaaaaaaay better than expected. Idol shows are a definite guilty pleasure of mine and this looks like it could easily be much better than Idolmaster and AKB0048.
Im both glad and annoyed to read that. I am a sucker for the music oriented shows and love to see another good one coming, but dread the inevitable video game that follows which I will be required to purchase.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_8187.jpg

Blide_sl

shitlord
Happy Hellsing Ultimate is finally over. Was painful waiting months and years for each episode to come out. Although I was not a fan of how Alucard's fight ended, it didn't detract from how awesome the series was.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally saw most of the shows so I feel I can be opinionated.

First off, glad that Robotics;Notes, Ixion Saga DT, Little Busters, Shinsekai Yori, and Sakurasou no Pet are still going. It helps fill in some holes in the schedule.

Amnesia - interesting, but we'll see. I think it needs to build some more before it can be judged.

Ore no Kanojo - decent so far

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - first episode was pretty funny, glad to see in the 2nd one the Hero warmed up more.

Da Capo 3 - unless the main guy develops a personality, this might be a downer. The girls seem pretty awesome, but if the guy acts like a rock, then it will suck.

Senran Kagura - typical corny ecchi material.

Tamako Market - pretty good, the bird is freakin' hilarious.

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- I'm not entirely sure wtf is going on with this show, but the first episode was bizarre, yet pretty funny.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next - more of the same good stuff, looking forward to more episodes. I'll bet a more serious plot develops around the girls pretending to be one another.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai - pretty interesting so far, looking forward to more episodes. Kind of unique.

Kotoura-san - first episode was great, and if it stays the course...could be one of my favorites of the season.

Sean_sl

shitlord
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- I'm not entirely sure wtf is going on with this show, but the first episode was bizarre, yet pretty funny.
Well, the synopsis on randomc said that it's basically about a group of gods. So... that makes it even weirder.

Algiz

N00b
Vividred Operation - I should have been prepared for this sort of thing after the note that someone from Strike Witches was involved in the design. Damn it, Japan.

Also, Demon King is awesome, SHAFT is awesome, so many sequels of stuff I didn't watch, etc etc etc.