Winter 2013 Anime Thread

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Vividred Operation - I should have been prepared for this sort of thing after the note that someone from Strike Witches was involved in the design. Damn it, Japan.
Oh, that makes MUCH more sense now. I was kinda wondering.

Blide_sl

shitlord
I saw that the Strike Witches people were involved and just skipped the series. I doubt I'll be missing out on much.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Okay, I think I've watched every new show now.

Kotoura-san- This is really good. Starts pretty dark and then just gets awesome.
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- Weird as fuck.
Tamako Market- Lol Bird. Pretty funny.
GJ-bu- Pretty cute small club show.
Vividred Operation- Hotpants! Not that bad, obvious Strike Witches influences aside.
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo- This surprised me. Pretty cool show about people with powers and various games and tournaments it looks like.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, these four shows stood out to me this season as the best of the bunch from their first episodes:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
ZKC: The Unlimited
OreShura
Kotoura-san

And these two shows will probably be great "guilty pleasure" shows for me:

Love Live!
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo

Also nothing really stuck out as bad from any of the new shows this season (aside from the 5 minute ones) so I'll probably keep watching everything I checked out.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Da Capo 3 - unless the main guy develops a personality, this might be a downer. The girls seem pretty awesome, but if the guy acts like a rock, then it will suck.
Heh, Ruru is especially awesome. I hope she's the main girl in this, I'm guessing they'll either go with her or Ricca in the end. On the plus side of things, the guy doesn't seem dense about the girls at least after episode 2. He was pretty obviously conscious of Ruru and did not come off as blatantly unaware of things at all like most leads do starting out.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Probably the best season in a long time. Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo is my favorite so far. Close call on 2nd place, but I'm guessing Maoyu wins that spot, reminds me a lot of Spice and Wolf for some reason. Though I'm sure after they introduce the new characters, it won't be as similar.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Random thoughts on new stuff :

Modaiji-Tachi - this one is kinda fun so far, having characters that kick butt, know they kick butt, and have the attitude to go with it, is refreshing.

Maoyuu Mao - interesting storyline, not edge of your seat stuff, but I look forward to more of them.

Sasami-san - This one gave me whiplash a bit, ep1 was 'what the fuck was that ?', ep2 made perfect sense and was pretty funny too. I got a laugh out of the brother's character being of class 'loser' and then getting killed by a thrown blackboard duster.

Vividred - it's possible that this show could be more generic, but I am not sure how. On the upside it has nice art and animation, on the downside it spends way too much time focusing the camera on the crotch of 12 year old girls. Probably pass.

Kotoura San - this one was unexpectedly good

Zettai Karen children - semi-serious, decent action, only downside is I find the 'turn the badge sideways for super powers' thing inherently ridiculous

Hakkenden Touhou - seems ok so far, will give it a few more

Senran Kagura - too goofy to watch, didn't finish first episode

Amnesia - if the 'male' characters in this were any more feminine, they'd need tampons - which they'd totally have, just in case their female friends needed them

Cuticle Detective - Didn't finish the first ep, hate the animation style.

---

For ongoing :

Space Brothers - what the hell happened there ? The last two episodes had more plot than the previous 40 combined.

Zetsuen no Tempest - continues to deliver

Psycho-pass - unchanged, still interesting, great thought provoking backstory but not really going anywhere

Robotics Notes - yay ! something happened - lets see if next episode continues or it's back to nothing happening

Shinsekai Yori - still interesting, but the storyline has gotten a bit loose, wish it was more focused, but still watching

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I never watched the first Zettai Karen children but the 2nd one is pretty awesome. Is it worth downloading the 1st one because people have said its pretty campy.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Looks like Yori episode 17 is finally showing us a full picture of what they were building up to so far. All those vague hints about the red headed chick and the queerats... Looks like shit's finally hit the fan (for the entire community and not just the friends circle).

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Good reviews for alot of the new shows that are out there.

Zetsuan no Tempest is still kicking ass. Girls and panzer is on hiatus, but got good laughs out of that show watching 13 year old girls power slide tanks around, and Shin Sekai Yori does seem to be pulling itself together now.

ZKC Unlimited is pretty cool. Anyone know where I can get the original series from?

I know this is older, but Im curious about A certain Magical Index and wondering if Railgun continues the story from where it left off at the end of Season 2. It kinda just leaves it hanging in mid-air about what was gonna happen and such.

Sean_sl

shitlord
ZKC Unlimited is pretty cool. Anyone know where I can get the original series from?

I know this is older, but Im curious about A certain Magical Index and wondering if Railgun continues the story from where it left off at the end of Season 2. It kinda just leaves it hanging in mid-air about what was gonna happen and such.
BakaBT has a torrent of it in 720p:http://bakabt.me/159387-zettai-karen...-x264-aac.html

I think you have to register to use the site. They're a pretty good archive for older stuff and the only place you can still find some things.

As for Railgun - it pretty much runs its own storyline in the Index world.