Winter 2016 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gate S2 still great
PSO2 is pretty decent for its first episode as well.

Little sister in Luck and Logic made my brain bleed, but it seems to be a good throw away show.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
wow bubuki buranki was awesome, and visually stunning (at least imho), nice surprise.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just finished it, it was pretty good - will see if the kids become annoying or not tho.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah the kids are the only part im not sold of (i generally dislike kids as main characters ). Anyway, luck and logic was interesting too, kinda like the armor look of the mc (shiva one and the new one). I wont comment on story but i have to say the animation and visual quality of the animes in this season are definetily higher than average.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe this season will be another pleasant surprise overall. Buranki was well done, I liked the art/animation, kinda leery of seeing the brother be the mc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is there an easy damn way to search for the new season episodes on Funimation? Site is so poorly designed.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there an easy damn way to search for the new season episodes on Funimation? Site is so poorly designed.
Yea, Crunchyroll is so much better. Go to simulcast shows. There will be some shows on there from the past couple of season as well but it will contain all the new shows.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
liked buranki-some of the chars or the style of dress gave a rwby vibe, gate s2, stride, active raid.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Erased - interesting, will watch more

Gate - continues to be good, will watch

Divine Gate - rubbed me the wrong way, turned it off halfway through first episode

Active Raid - not sure if this is deliberately a parody or not. Mixed bag, may watch more.

Dimension W - this one was good, main character being both competent and an asshole are two points for it.

Bubuki - This had the best start of anything this season - the post timeskip wasn't up to the first half, but I remain hopeful.

Phantom World - This kind of bugged me that it made no sense - they are optical illusions, only they are real, but only for some people, but they are intangible, except when they aren't. Nonsensical setting isn't necessarily a downside, will probably give it a few more episodes.

Grimgar - This had all the adrenaline fueled excitement of watching a WOW LFR raid wipe to the first trash pack. In slow motion..... Repeatedly..... I like the art though, may watch more.

Malkav

French Madman
Grimgar - This had all the adrenaline fueled excitement of watching a WOW LFR raid wipe to the first trash pack. In slow motion..... Repeatedly..... I like the art though, may watch more.
Bunch of lvl1 trying to camp orc hill and drop some belts to make some cash but they keep aggroing roaming centurions. The peak of excitement.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I like the watercolor backgrounds a lot in Grimgar, but that was 20 odd minutes of slooooow. I'll give it a couple more, but if it's just half-ass fan service and moping, not going to watch it much longer.

Watched Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, it's a pretty interesting period piece and I like the characters so far. There's probably a decent amount that is missing due to the time period/subject matter since I'm definitely not japanese, but I liked the first episode. It's also an hour long show, which is a bit different than I'm used to.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dimension W was really good, easily earned a place on the must watch list along with Erased and Gate.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I second Dimension W - and Velk - Divine Gate really wasnt that bad lol - infact it was pretty original so im looking forward to it

Schwartz is an anime that reminds me of something that was aired a couple years ago - is it a continuation or something? Even the aliens look the same - cant remember the name tho.

I wish they'd redo Kenshin - im sure it would be pretty bad ass to rewatch with the animation techniques used today.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Schwartz is a prequel to Muv Luv: Total Eclipse or whatever it was called. It did not have much staying power as a mecha/alien show iirc.

Fadaar

That guy
Total Eclipse was amazing the first two episodes, then it turned into complete and utter shit

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mux Luv was a weird show, but i remember it yes.

I think Kono Suburashii is going to be awesome.

Dagashi Kashi seems pretty good too

I think this will be a very well rounded season.