Winter 2016 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd be able to watch Grimgar easily if that dark knight kid wasn't around. He just brings a shit type of anime character into a setting where he doesn't belong.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now there's only 11 episodes of triumphant and heart wrenching 20m long conflicts with lone goblins until the colon-clenching finale: a lone orc. They'll be able to buy banded in no time!

One more episode before I call it a day. More fan service crap, and that 10 minute long music break/shopping montage wasn't necessary this early in the series.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gundam couldn't help itself and thew a ridiculously masked character into the mix.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
That trope will never end for that show. I look forward to the reveal every new series. Nothing beats Full Frontal though.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad Grimgar just isnt yet another SAO clone; like the more realistic approach to people thrown into some world they have no clue about. I do agree about the Dark Knight kid though, more annoying then he needs to be.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm glad Grimgar just isnt yet another SAO clone; like the more realistic approach to people thrown into some world they have no clue about. I do agree about the Dark Knight kid though, more annoying then he needs to be.
That is only realistic to people who are 14 years old then sure - but it makes the entire show shit the bed.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Not really sure if I'd say this show "shit the bed" quite yet, its only episode 2. I mean sure, this was a bit slow but its different, I appreciate that over doing a cashgrab show like SAO.

From what I'm hearing its supposed to get darker, the "Kill or be killed" aspect is pretty big here.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a different take on the "genre" (I suppose this is a thing now, with like half a dozen different series with similar tones) but it hasn't gone anywhere in two episodes. Which isn't a long time and there's still room to grow, but it is quickly looking like the tumblr version of an mmorpg and nobody wants to watch people fuck around with the newb-section of a game for a dozen episodes. At least nobody I want to know, I guess.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It's a different take on the "genre" (I suppose this is a thing now, with like half a dozen different series with similar tones) but it hasn't gone anywhere in two episodes. Which isn't a long time and there's still room to grow, but it is quickly looking like the tumblr version of an mmorpg and nobody wants to watch people fuck around with the newb-section of a game for a dozen episodes. At least nobody I want to know, I guess.
Yeah hopefully it's not full noob hour the whole season, I'd be disappointed in that as well :p

Fadaar

That guy
When is Netflix going to have Ajin up?
If it's a Netflix exclusive then it'll probably be when the entire season is finished like they did with Knights of Sidonia, with both the English and Japanese audio versions going up at the same time.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
I'm really enjoying Grimgar so far. I can understand some finding it slow.
Anyone know of any others similar? I'm thinking I may have missed some shows I'd like that weren't appealing to all.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
One Punch Man is the best anime I've seen in a while. The first season is short, 12 episodes, and satirizes the super hero genre.

If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.
Yes, waiting for this to start up again as well. Though I'm not sure they can use the same formula as in the first season and have it be as good. That last episode was already almost too insane.

Excited for Berserk, but still not sure about that CGI. The movies were barely tolerable for me, and I didn't even watch the third one.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm really enjoying Grimgar so far. I can understand some finding it slow.
Anyone know of any others similar? I'm thinking I may have missed some shows I'd like that weren't appealing to all.
Its not just that its slow, its just that the first ep opened about the goblin or w/e then some blahblah training, then ep 2 is goblin again and emo kiddy whining from multiple people, not just supernoob dk guy. The more realistic approach itself is nice bc i want to see these kids fuckin murdered already
biggrin.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
For Ajin, do you guys suggest just watching the movies or doing the anime? Can't seem to find out if it's a chronological thing.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm no idea really, i didnt know there was a movie out. Regarding the anime the first episode pretty much followed the manga, dont know if that help.