Winter 2016 Anime Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'd be able to watch Grimgar easily if that dark knight kid wasn't around. He just brings a shit type of anime character into a setting where he doesn't belong.
God you hit this on the head. He makes this show unwatchable.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I've read all the current translated source material for Erased - if they continue to adapt it faithfully (the manga is supposed to end in the next 2 chapters, so just weeks before the anime will end) it will end up being a top 10 of all time show. It's already in the 20s on MAL.

Supposedly A-1 (the studio doing the show) knows the ending so it will just be up to them not cutting too much or rushing it. There will be some cuts though since it's 12 episodes and the manga will end at 44-45 chapters.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I like grimsar.. a lot.. the animation style/quality is amazing. Plus it actually captures what is to be level 1 at a D&D, missing fucking everything..

i had to rewatch this

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Erased continues to be good. And while not nearly as mainstream, 'Rakugo' is continuing the trend of just plain great storytelling. Ajin was the tits, and I'm guessing it continues to do well. Grimgar, however, better step it's game up a smidge or it's going into the can, for me personally.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Haikyuu so good....sooo soo good.

There was some dumb topic on IGN from their silly anime club that put Haikyuu as the most sports anime to make you smarter.

11 Anime That Will Make You Smarter - IGN

While i agree the show is fantastic, i cant see any sports anime kicking as much knowledge as Baby Steps. It completely immerses you in the process of tennis from start to finish. I do agree that Spice and Wolf is the absolute best thing to watch for economics, and its amazing.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I tried watching the series of Ajin (first episode) and it is literally the movie. Except with the movie, it's almost 2 hours long. I would definitely recommend the movie over the series until the series gets much further. Not to mention, the subs I saw of the series were not good at all, rofl...

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah first episode subs were terrible. 2nd one, deadfish group did it, and its much better. It is such a pleasure to the eyes and ears as well. Very awesome music on the background too. Ill do dl the movie too, but the anime itself is amazingly done imho.

The graphic and animations remind me of sidonia no kishi, not sure if its the same studio doing it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
the Ajin movie was pretty awesome, cant say i like the main char that much mainly bc id have obliterated everyone in sight :p

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Grimgar is definitely slow paced. I'm enjoying it but wish things would move along slightly quicker.

Kinda feel like they are in some kind of Inception like dream world where they have shared mind link like in the bottom of the slums. It just kind of erases your mind from before plugging in and will bring it back later.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I like Dimension W quite a bit, the main char reminds me of the dude from Samurai Champloo for some reason. I am definitely over Buranki tho, meh i just cant deal.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Haikyuu so good....sooo soo good.

There was some dumb topic on IGN from their silly anime club that put Haikyuu as the most sports anime to make you smarter.

11 Anime That Will Make You Smarter - IGN

While i agree the show is fantastic, i cant see any sports anime kicking as much knowledge as Baby Steps. It completely immerses you in the process of tennis from start to finish. I do agree that Spice and Wolf is the absolute best thing to watch for economics, and its amazing.
Speaking of baby steps ....they ain't renewing that? I'm so sad if they don't.

Sports anime have grown on me a lot in the last couple years: baby steps, Haikuu, Diamond no ace, Kuroko ....

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So far Dimension W is my favorite. Great story and pace. No character has been introduced that isn't interesting.

Malkav

French Madman
Erased, or how to spend the second half of the episode waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Erased and Dimension W are good surprises. I'm not sure exactly why, but Erased reminds me of Monster.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I predicted who the antagonist was in Erased in the first? episode. However, it is still an incredible series (and yes, reminds me of Monster).

Will check out Dimension W.